PDA

View Full Version : morphing?

rohit
06-25-2002, 01:54 PM
morphing is possible in after effects or not?

JoBbE
07-09-2002, 10:24 PM
as far as I know not BUT
** advertising :) **
winmorph 3 will be available for ae soon
it's completely free and the results are great....
you can morph both still images and videos
check debugmode.com (http://www.debugmode.com) for more infos

moovieboy
07-15-2002, 10:20 AM
You've got some limited options under the distort filters with "mesh warp" and "reshape," but as far as morphing say... a cat into a dog, you would probably have to do a great deal of work with both these plug-ins plus selective layer transfer modes and transparancies. So it's not impossible, but probably a royal pain in the butt.

I've not seen Winmorph in action (I'm still wondering why the Web site for it asks people if they use a mac-only program like Final Cut Pro when Winmorph appears to be only PC?)... but it may be a solution.

One program I'd recommend for morphing (assuming they still make it) is Avid's Elastic Reality. It offers some great morphing tools, although getting used to some of their methods takes a while...

-Tom

anthonymcgrath
07-26-2002, 01:44 PM
morphman 2000 is unstoppably good. takes some practise but it aint failed me yet and it costs buttons!

for a 100frame morph I usually use that, render out a sequence thats fairly long like 500 frames, speed it up x5 in afx and use the echo plugin to smear the inbetweens that have been removed as a result of the time speed up.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.