PDA

View Full Version : Object: "Impossibile" glass object

davhub
01-21-2004, 04:59 PM
Hi everybody, It's my first post here.
I realized these tests some time ago looking
for photoreal looking.

www.dhpdesign.com/test/ren/vetri.htm (http://www.dhpdesign.com/test/ren/vetri.htm)

Im' not satisfied yet about these but I do not know
how to improve them...

The galss expecially is looking right only in few places...

thank you very much for your attention :))

DavHub

milqman
01-22-2004, 01:46 AM
man. VERY COOL!
i LOVE it. looks very very cool.
question, on the 3rd pic... how did you do the lighting?

davhub
01-22-2004, 07:01 AM
Hi milqman...
Thank you for your appreciation (I guessed lot of critiques
instead :)) ) you ask about lighting.

It is described in the text near to each image, but, generally:

Area Light with quality set to 2. only one light.

For the lighter images I used a HDRI background (light probe)
and the plug-in of EKI to simulate GI.

Am I exaustive or do you need further info?

DavHub

pnevai
01-23-2004, 02:18 PM
The glass looks pretty flawless to me, Perhaps a Frensel effect my make it POP more. But what struck my eye was, in the renders with caustics ther is no object reflection on the floor. And in the renders with object reflections on the floor there are no caustics.

Dave Black
01-23-2004, 03:43 PM
Your thread is in violation of the Focused Critiques forum rules. Please review all rules before posting. You will need to add a wireframe, and also mention the software used.

Thank you for your cooperation.

-3DZ

davhub
01-23-2004, 11:30 PM
Hi Pnevai! Thank you very much for your post! I used the fast fresnel effect in the shaders tab, probably, the real fresnel effect could improve the result. I'll try.
Then: you make me notice something I did not before! You are right. I will reconsider the settings of the scene expecially selecting only one source for caustics in the "reflecting ground" images. But this is very strange since the surface settings of the floor is the same in all the images...

Then concerning the note from the moderator (3D Zealot? A Jim Lee's WildC.A.T.S. fan ;) ?) I would like to gently note that the software is declared in the top of the page of the link, but, from here forward I will declare it clearly in the post.

I used Lightwave 3D [7.5]c for those images.

I did not post the wireframe because I saw other messages without them and, considering the very simple structure of my scene I thought it could be unnecessary. Sorry for this I will put them in the page tomorrow morning. thanks a lot have a good time! :))

Davhub

davhub
01-24-2004, 09:52 AM
Hi everybody, as I said I updated the page

http://www.dhpdesign.com/test/ren/vetri.htm

with the wireframe grab of the scene.

I wish to thank you all for the notes. I modified something: caustics light generator in first step and real fresnel effect activated. form the test I'm doing it's going to be better.

davhub

davhub
02-17-2004, 12:25 PM
Since i cannot post here images, I resend you another link with the new renders! thank you very much for your suggestions!

Impossible glass object part 2 (http://www.dhpdesign.com/test/ren/vetri_02.htm)

C&C welcome, obviously!

DavHub

mikepolizos
03-01-2004, 08:24 AM
Cool render dude!

Keep rendering for sure!

liquidik
03-31-2004, 08:56 AM
Sooo cool...I think we need to talk a little bit more DHP...

Liquid

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.