PDA

View Full Version : putting an Outliner panel to my UI

Ch3
01-20-2004, 08:02 PM
I have added an outliner to my UI but I cant really understand how to set my own filter for only displaying objects which starts with a specific string(i know i can type the string afterwards in the panel, but i allways want only those objects visible there)

Also is there a way to run a script everytime there is a new selection from that panel?
And finally is it possible to get rid of this split feature?

thanx in advanced

galactor
01-20-2004, 11:53 PM
Search for the MEL script that is responsable for the standard Outliner. Examen the script and i'm sure you will find some usefull commands.
This is how I do it, cause there is no documentation on those specific commands.

:: Galactor ::

macaroniKazoo
01-20-2004, 11:59 PM
to control what's visible in the outliner, use the selectionConnection command... the examples for it are reasonably helpful

Ch3
01-22-2004, 11:46 AM
with this selectionConnection its getting really complicated and i dont think it worth the effort for what i am making. Also I cant see the way to show and change the order of the objects, as my script will need to reorder and parent the objects.

thanx anyway

Ch3
01-22-2004, 10:31 PM
I had one more go with selectionConnection lists and as far as I understand those are mainly to connect to different outliner panels, and they are not ideal for what i want.
Is there any other way to pass a string into the text filter field of the outliner I am making?

I had a look to the scripts which are been executed (filterUI.mel and setFilterScript.mel) but again I couldnt work out the way.

any help whould be appreciated.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.