PDA

View Full Version : continuing with old project ( update )

ycf98
12-15-2001, 02:48 AM
heres one of the pic for my upcoming film short "THE RAMSES PROJECT"

http://www.vi2.com/maxForumFiles/92_head-combined.jpg

-JT-
12-15-2001, 06:02 AM
It looks interesting, but you should show the front.

hottemp
12-15-2001, 06:56 AM
nice one, very futuristic. but would be better with some additional dirt and scratches

ycf98
12-15-2001, 07:11 AM
its not textured yet! =) will do the entire body first and will keep u guys updated on progress =) btw that image was rendered using VRay

3Dreamer
12-15-2001, 07:14 AM
Hey y Great work but it looks kindda like the robots In A.I.

A 8/10 in modeling though

Keep Up!!

hottemp
12-15-2001, 07:18 AM
hey but it already looks as if there are some metall textures on it. good work.

ycf98
12-15-2001, 07:30 AM
could anybody recommend the fastest GI plug in there is out there?so far i've just tried VRay and Brazil . Vray's faster of course but wut bout lightscape or Arnold?

hottemp
12-15-2001, 08:05 AM
i like brazil because of its good quality but lightscape is as also as good and fast as brazil.

parallax
12-15-2001, 09:29 AM
Looks very nice so far, the detail is kinda obscured by the lighting though.
How about good ol' sky dome. Works for me.

ycf98
12-15-2001, 01:47 PM
how do u use dome light?

Kadde
12-15-2001, 02:06 PM
very nice !!

liked it a lot

i imagine that with a awesome light setup. it can be real..

Jean Eric
12-15-2001, 02:18 PM
ycf98, to create Dome light in LightWave, you simply create a dome with luminous surface, activate radiosity, and voila!!! I suppose it's pretty much the same in most other applications...

Chewey
12-15-2001, 02:34 PM
You might want to use the Lightwave HDRI feature to get some very nice reflections.

Go to Effects/Backdrop/Add Environment and select the "Image World" plugin. You'll need to load a "light probe image" file of the .hdr type that you use/select within the image world plugin.

You load an .hdr image probe image by using the load command in the image editor. (you can't load an image from the Image World plugin menu for some wacky reason.)

Veneficuz
12-15-2001, 04:16 PM
Looks good!

But the nostrils seems to be too close to the tip of the nose if you are going for a "semi-human model", try moving them closer to the "head".

nomis-es-macho
12-15-2001, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by 3Dreamer
Hey y Great work but it looks kindda like the robots In A.I.

now I haven't seen AI, but I did see some stills and it seemed to me that the robot concepts in that show were none too original. In fact, if you can show me really fresh conencept for a robot, and not some crusty modification of the bones and pneumatic pistons with a human face robot, I'll be really impressed. to me, as long as it looks funtional and hi-tek, it's all good.

what's sweet about this image are the cool knobs and exposed skull innards - we get a sense of usefullness. also the rails along the side of the skull look vaguely functional, remind me of the lando's computing assistant at the cloud city - with that computer attached to his bald skull?

i can imagine the bot reaching up and adjusting the jaw area knobs when he needs to concentrate or tune in some information. and maybe his partner getting into his skull to boot him up after he passes out.

i kind of want either less realism in the face or more. nice bot!

AJ
12-15-2001, 09:08 PM
nice lot of detail there... all of which I love.

However, I know you haven't posted a clear shot of the face - but already I can see that the proportions (if you're going for human) are quite out of whack...

All it needs is a couple of tweaks. Mainly the mouth is too low down, simply moving it up will help a lot. Also - each of the features are nice but seem out of scale with one another. Try making the jaw larger (or better - use it as your point of reference for the other features).

Of course, it's a robot - so this could bee 100% what you intended! Anyway - great work, look forward to seeing more!

:D

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.