PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Oraganic Enviorment

Voldron
01-20-2004, 05:37 PM
Ok, Lately I have had alot of trouble making this effect. What I am trying to do is have a grass field, okay. Then I have something, whiether it be a helicopter, plane, gust of wind, or a tornado, interact with the grass. What i mean is that the grass around the obeject is pushed away from it. Like how a helicopter lands on a grass field. Any suggestions on how I could make this work?

Voldron
01-21-2004, 05:46 PM
OK basicly what i need is for someone to show me how to make a bunch of grass with a displacement modifier, Sort f like shag hair but with out it. i don't want to use a scatter because i think that, that would make all the blades of grass act as one giant plane and not individual. You might use the option to set it as Copy and not instance. So can someone please help.

sireel
01-21-2004, 08:18 PM
might take a bit of work but I've used Peter Watjes free Hair plug for grass on a hill before. Anbd since its done with particles it can be effected by wind and such.

Voldron
01-21-2004, 08:40 PM
Well I am using 3DS max 5 and 6 so if it is for either of those I would use it. The affect i am going for is what happends when a helicopter lands in a field of grass.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.