PDA

View Full Version : IFF and Photoshop How to ?

peanut
01-19-2004, 11:27 PM
Im under photoshop 7

I made a search to find a way to open a IFF with Photoshop over this board and finally got over Highend 3D to get the plugin MayaIFF.8bi but my Photoshop makes an error every time i try to open the IFF file

Link http://www.highend3d.com/files/dl.3d?group=mayatools&file_loc=MayaIFF-v1.1-.zip&file_id=8

anyone knows an other way to open IFF files with Photoshop 7 ?

Sentenza
01-20-2004, 12:29 AM
OK ... First: Is it in the correct Folder ? I think sure, but however ...
Second: Have you first deleted the AmigaIFF File Format Import/Export extension ???

peanut
01-20-2004, 03:15 PM
Sentenza Nop !!! i even reinstalled Photoshop 6 and looked that the File MayaIFF.8bi was really in folder C:\Photoshop 6.0\Plug-Ins\File Formats.

And on top of that i dont have a file called AmigaIFF i did an electronic search and manually checked that it was not on my Photoshop installation.

I used to open *.IFF files but i dont remember that it was that hard.

Cameo
01-25-2004, 12:18 AM
For some reason I found that if you put the plugin in the standard file formats directory PS doesnt find it. If you put it in 'Photoshop only file formats' though it does. Give that a try.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.