PDA

View Full Version : Morph textures

sculpter21
01-19-2004, 07:26 PM
Can anyone please tell me how to morph textures. I have two heads one edited from the other and two diffrent textures one on each. When I morph the heads the first head morphs into the second but hte texture does not change. WHat I am saying is that I would like the texture to change into the second texture to.

Thanx for any help
Alex

markdc
01-19-2004, 11:18 PM
I think you may need Di-o-matic's Morph-o-matic.

http://www.di-o-matic.com/

fufanu
01-20-2004, 01:55 AM
try using max's own Morpher material (Material Editor ----> Type button (labeled Standard) -->Morpher). either that or maybe try making a mix or blend material then animate the mix amount.

sculpter21
01-20-2004, 02:18 AM
thanx guys I will try that

sculpter21
01-20-2004, 02:22 AM
How do you use the morph material

fufanu
01-20-2004, 03:36 AM
ok, first apply your morpher material to the object you're going to morph, then you need to bind the morpher material to your morph object which is done under the modifier connection...hit the Choose Morph Object button and choose your morph object. now your material is bound to the Morpher modifier. Then put the first head texture in the base material slot and the second head texture in slot that coordinates with the morpher modifier channel. If that didn't make any sense try using the max help (hit F1) search for "Morpher Material", probably explains it better then me, good luck!

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.