PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari F1-2000, Aomcaloes (3D)

jasonbowers
01-19-2004, 12:07 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/21791/FerrariF1-2000_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/21791/FerrariF1-2000.jpg)

Hi all,

Here is a composited render of my Ferrari F1-2000. I have been working on this for a long time off and on and only recently became interested enough to take it to a conclusion.

Everything is CG apart from the background which is derived from a photograph sourced from the excellent www.f1-live.com website.

All comments welcomed.

a.

super
01-19-2004, 02:51 PM
The picture look good. How to compisite your model and the background?
Only one thing is a little bad, you choose the motion background,but your tire it seem static......, maybe you can add some motion blur on the tire.

ThirdEye
01-19-2004, 03:00 PM
Can't say if it's a photo or not, very nice work, post a wireframe please :)

kiwi123
01-19-2004, 03:34 PM
Hey Ozzy, nice job mate ! :buttrock:

Originally posted by super
Only one thing is a little bad, you choose the motion background,but your tire it seem static......, maybe you can add some motion blur on the tire.

Maybe you should look again...?!! The text that's on the tires is obviously blurred. :rolleyes:

Very very very nice and realistic render. Can't distinguish from the real thing...

Halogen
01-19-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by ThirdEye
Can't say if it's a photo or not, very nice work, post a wireframe please :)

guess thats a good thing. VERY NICE WORK! you should feel proud, great product :)

TuLe
01-19-2004, 03:49 PM
Uau... Execelent F1 my friend!
Amazing accuracy and details!
The Render is very nicely done too, good bg + cg integration!
I got a bunch of F1 renders here but yours top them all!
Congrats!

Woyman
01-19-2004, 03:49 PM
Awesome! I think it accurately depicts an actual F-1 picture.

I really like how the front left tire is slightly floating and the helmet is tilted. The driver is going in for a turn. :) Nice work!

This is Schumacher right?

Xform
01-19-2004, 03:51 PM
Very nice pic!
The only thing that I think is wrong is the Marlborotext on the wing, I dont know whats wrong but it seams out of order...

Anyways, good work!!:thumbsup:

lubiya
01-19-2004, 03:52 PM
bravo.
very good modeling, texturing and lighting.
I'd like to see the wire..

vfx
01-19-2004, 03:53 PM
It's fantastic! However if I was to b like many here who couldn't produce such great work but are quick to comment on what could be improved (Oh guess I am then...) I would say that I've never seen a photo where the middle section (section of interest) is in perfect focus no blur on helmet e.t..c and the foregrnd and backgrnd are blurred and out of focus. But thats just being too picky - so great job all round.

Mahlikus
01-19-2004, 04:02 PM
..where did it go?...

bbarbi
01-19-2004, 04:13 PM
UAW!:applause:

ToddD
01-19-2004, 04:13 PM
Nice work,can you please post a wire?
VFX, I have seen shots from motorcycle racing where the rider and bike are in absolute perfect focus, and the background is blurred- a good photographer can pan the camera, in conjunction with the proper shutter speed(say1/250) you would get exactly the result seen in this work.:beer:

Supervlieg
01-19-2004, 04:14 PM
Great stuff. I like the mat of the tyres. Its a nice clean model as well. I think this is one if the most accurate models of the Ferrari. Good job!

Some things could improve though.

I guess there could be some dof effect to give it that photo quality.

The air intake above the helmet is a bit too flat, almost like a black texture where the hole is supposed to be.

Some dirt on the barge boards and spoilers would make it more realistic I think.

A little wear on the tyres perhaps.

I know this is in finished gallery, so just take them as suggestions :)

draconix
01-19-2004, 04:56 PM
this is areally nice model and the composition is unreal :)

That said, there seems to be a slight perspective problem with the rear wing/spoiler. The Marlboro text accents it. Might be me though.

in your sofa
01-19-2004, 05:21 PM
Nice job!! Cept the tires are a lil' bit too shiney in my opinion...makes it look like a toy.

Other than that...great model!! i like how u fit it into the background! way to go!:beer:

surripere
01-19-2004, 05:23 PM
Wow, this is amazing work. The very, very minor thing that bothers me is the extremely fine resolution of the lines of darkness along the outside corner of the tires. I think the lighting and shading detail apparent there might be too finely resolved by the "lens" of this camera given a) how fast the tires are spinning and b) how large the "photographic" grain in some of the shadow areas of the image are. With grain that large in a photograph, it seems doubtful that that same piece of film would resolve that level of detail in the tires. That's just my feeling. Fabulous work. I couldn't make anything even close to this myself.

leekhangwei
01-19-2004, 05:42 PM
nice rendering, i wonder what software u used...and wireframe pls...

Kruvi
01-19-2004, 05:51 PM
love the model, nice composite aswell but one main fault that cuts the realism for me.

And that's the tires, the car itself is overall too sharp and well too high quality :D

needs blur and dof imho to make it more photolike.

And also perhaps add some wear to tires.

But I think with some nice blur, and effects this pic can be way perfect :thumbsup:

Emmortal1
01-19-2004, 06:11 PM
Your shadows under the car are way too black, almost pure black and as any lighting artist would tell you, there are no black shadows in reality. Might want to tone those down a bit, and the tires look way too brand new and clean to be racing around on a track. Other than that, looks good.

Emmortal

BigErn
01-19-2004, 07:26 PM
Good Stuff Ozzy! :) its about time you posted it somewhere people can see it!

Get them wires posted so people can actually see it is actually 3d.

Its all LW for those asking about (3d) software.

:thumbsup: :buttrock:

Rock on!

shaangfx
01-19-2004, 09:26 PM
:beer:
very good..photoreal work! yeah if u tweak a bit with the tyres in motion ..it would be great ! ;)

killeratti
01-19-2004, 09:28 PM
amazing model and lovely rendering!!!
i like it.
can u post the wires plz ??

HapZungLam
01-19-2004, 09:47 PM
there have couples of things that i want to mention.

first of all this is a veryvery nice piece, great work!

however, if i go on picky there still have some suggestion that i would like to make. I agreed with Emmortal1 that the shadow is too dark also to gaus. Maybe you want to add nother layer mask with motion blur of a ground to break up the gaus blur shadow.

The car is nice and sharp(colourize) which is good. however compare with the rest of your picture which it doesn't really fit. You may either saturate the background or desaturate the car. but i like the red that you have right there.

About the lighting, i think it looks more like a studio indoor lighting. I dont' know how to make it look more like out door tho. hum... turn up the intensity maybe? tweek it in "level"? i dont' know.

but overall it is a very great piece, keep up to good work.

LeeC
01-19-2004, 10:02 PM
Fantastic render... definitely one of the most photo-realistic I've seen in a while. :thumbsup:

One thing though, to all who say it needs DOF, please, get hold of a camera and see how DOF actually works. As a photographer myself, DOF is one of the biggest contributors to fake looking shots, you wouldn't get any DOF effects in this kind of shot. They are generally taken with a large telephoto from about 20-30 metres from the subject. The aperture on the lens is generally set to give maximum focal depth (to guarantee the car is actually in focus) which is why DOF is never seen. Also, the further away from the camera, your focus is nearer to the infinity setting meaning more of the shot is actually in focus. Your subject has to be either quite close to the camera to allow the background to drop out of focus, or further away to drop the foreground out of focus. :wise:

You have a better chance of making photorealistic images if your lens setup mimics the behaviour of a real lens... I think that is why this shot looks so good...

CAClark
01-19-2004, 10:57 PM
Excellent work my man, I'm lucky to get any replies with the dodgey shite I post here, so Kudos!

Cheers!

DerPapa
01-19-2004, 11:30 PM
why did you cut off your nice pic that way? I want to see the car in a whole piece!!!

jasonbowers
01-19-2004, 11:49 PM
First of all may I say a big thank you to those of you who have bothered to take a look and more importantly offer suggestions.

First off some basics. The model was modelled and rendered in Lightwave. Post process was done in Photoshop. All the main elements were rendered out separately for maximum tweak-a-bility in Photoshop. It's not perfect and I'm so close to it I can see more flaws than you lot believe me :)

I have taken all suggestions on board and one or two are very pertinent. It's especially interesting to hear from people with photography backgrounds as the key to this shot was the camera and the crazy zoom factor that I used in order to re-create the big lens as used in this kind of shot. The entire car would be totally in focus there's no question.

I will endeavour to reply in full when I get a bit more time.

In the meantime, here are some wires for your perverse pleasure. (Not totally sure that they should go here but I'm sure they'll get moved if not)

http://www.sixsixty.plus.com/perspective_wire.jpg
http://www.sixsixty.plus.com/side_wire.jpg

a.

jasonbowers
01-20-2004, 12:15 AM
more.....

http://www.sixsixty.plus.com/top_wire.jpg
http://www.sixsixty.plus.com/front_wire.jpg
http://www.sixsixty.plus.com/scene_wire.jpg

erilaz
01-20-2004, 12:21 AM
It's always good to see a nice clean mesh!:D Stunning render and composition. The slight lean of the head on the driver gives it that extra bit of realism. Good attention to detail.

mushroomgod
01-20-2004, 12:45 AM
very very nice:thumbsup:

Lourdelle
01-20-2004, 01:08 AM
I can't believe it, it's look like a picture!!!
fantastic render ...

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Sqwall
01-20-2004, 08:12 AM
Nice composite man. And the model looks realy cool. :drool:

digimice
01-20-2004, 08:43 AM
See, thats a picture we did last year, also the background is real the car is CG..
http://www.digimice.com/Galerie/newsbilder/PassBy_FW25.jpg

kiwi123
01-20-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by digimice
See, thats a picture we did last year, also the background is real the car is CG..

Maybe you should have taken more time then.... :p

I guess this shows perfectly how the blur doesn't work as well for the image.

CAClark
01-20-2004, 10:53 AM
Hey digimice, while I think the render looks very nice, post it in your own thread, don't be hijacking another thread.

Cheers!

digimice
01-20-2004, 12:08 PM
Hi CAClark,

we have a thread at http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=116704

but thank you for your hint !

Red 5
01-20-2004, 12:10 PM
Absolutely stunning work aomcaloes, have to be one of the most realistic looking CG car images I've ever seen :thumbsup:

pureprplaya
01-29-2004, 03:46 AM
sweet, I have one problem with it...

the compositing is sweet but the red and white boxes (not sure what you call em) (boundaries?) arent blured... they look still

DoLeeP
02-13-2004, 12:00 AM
very good work every thing just great
ur work amazing:thumbsup:

KaDDD
08-22-2004, 12:15 PM
Oooh yEes ,another nice red car !)great scene :thumbsup:

kylepro88
08-22-2004, 07:23 PM
That looks very very real. You'd think it was a photo if someone was to show it to you.

natsirk
08-25-2004, 08:32 AM
Good Job:)

Proteo
08-25-2004, 11:09 AM
very nice!! :applause:

The allianz F1 looks very very real man!! good work!

gt40mk2
11-28-2005, 09:37 PM
Very nice. A few suggestions:

- spectral highlights too hot. It looks like it's passing under high intensity spotlights. Tire material could be duller too.
- shadows too opaque and not soft enough. Also looks like above.
- soften it just a tad. It's too sharp, too crisp.

Beautiful model though!

hpahaut
03-28-2006, 04:35 PM
so where did u get the picture from???
LOL:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
03-28-2006, 04:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.