PDA

View Full Version : Character: Neon Genesis Evangelion - Unit 01 Berserk

Rossifumi
01-19-2004, 09:15 AM
Hello, after a long time I've made some new renders of the unit 01 taking inspiration from one of the episode of the original anime. These pics are inspired from the second "Berserk" of the unit 01.
Hope you like them, crits are welcome.
http://www.ccbc.it/3d/serv/eva01_blood01.jpg
http://www.ccbc.it/3d/serv/eva01_blood02.jpg

L.Edy
01-19-2004, 09:42 AM
nice...
i love the blood on the 2nd scene.
question plsss,
on the 1st scene, where is the blood come from??
may its because of the depth of field thing.
1. i'm not quite sure, but i saw the directions seems to turns away on the center of the scene.
2. how many emitters do u have for the blood particles??

may be it will looks better if u add an emitter so that the blood seems to burst out from a big hole.
u know, like waters in fountain. u know what i mean :)

sorry for my bad english.

Rossifumi
01-19-2004, 11:08 AM
The first scene is a remake from a scene of the anime, in that case the Eva01 is coming out from the body of an Angel after ripping him from inside, so the blood is squirting from the sides and the bottom of the Eva, I tried it in other ways (even the water fountain-like) but this was the better way to keep the original dramatic power of the scene.

You looked right about the depth of field, I blurred a bit more the blood around the edges of the image to guide the attention on the center of the scene.

My english is bad too, don't worry:p

GARA
01-19-2004, 11:31 AM
heh nice,
was the entire eva modelled? or only chest above?

2nd imge looks just as great, nice burnt out texture around the eyes,

though? just my opinion...i think you should go for the darker touch? backdrop..

maybe purple or dark red? it feels a lil bright atmo.
Maybe it is pale in the anime? just that the pinky red doesn't give that pure madness

still, nice stuff :)

Goul
01-19-2004, 11:52 AM
The second render is amazing :applause:

On the first , I think that the quantity of blood is too much significant to have drops!You know i mean?
Perhaps increase the size of the particules and decrease their quantity , to make bigs flood of bloods :rolleyes:

ps: my english is bad too :D

L.Edy
01-19-2004, 12:50 PM
well do u mind to post the scene from the anime :)

hmmmm... usually blood come 1 source then spread to diffrent direction. so, the particle which located closer to the source should have a bigger size the the other which is futher.
and in the first scene the particle seems to have same size for all.

just my opinion :)

Rossifumi
01-19-2004, 12:59 PM
Understood your suggestion, I'll try some different solutions for the particle fx.
I'll post the original frame from the anime tomorrow, I leaved it at home, :p I'm posting from my office.

Supervlieg
01-19-2004, 05:33 PM
I like the bottom one. I would like to see a full body shot though.

Zeruel the 14th
01-19-2004, 10:13 PM
Having seen the anime. I have to say both pics are quite true but still manage a certain feel of their own. The detail seems especially good IMO.

I like the 2nd render best

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.