PDA

View Full Version : please any help

50cent
01-18-2004, 10:55 AM
HelPPPP messed up surface

hey everyone, just got a quick question. How do I export a nurbs object out as dxf format and reimport back into a scene say to fix UV number of spans problems for a nurbs surface? say for example I had 3 and 4 spans for UV direction on a surface and I need my my parametization to be 0 to num of spans ( for U it would be 0 to 3 and for V it would be 0 to 4). Say of course the numbers are messed up and I needed to export and import that same object back in to fix that problem...I have tried to load the dxf plug-in in maya 5.0 and reimported the object only to find that it became a polygonal object, when instead i need a nurbs surface that is correctly parametized in U and V. I hope someone out there understands what I trying to say. For anyone who has done patch modelling, you will know that this is kinda crucial to be able to do. Thanks everyone.

gmask
01-18-2004, 09:40 PM
They totally screwed this up in Maya 5 by no longer providing and supporting the aliastomaya conversion

If you have Maya 4.5 or earlier you could use the aliastomaya.exe and a MEL script.

john_homer
01-19-2004, 03:24 AM
you may benefit more by using a descriptive subject in your posts...

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.