PDA

View Full Version : Hip Control Problem

drossxyu
01-17-2004, 03:47 PM
Basically, if i move my hip control it shouldn't really influence the upper body at all. When I move it though, it influences the entire spine chain and ends up moving the characters collar around.

http://students.risd.edu/yr2004/fgrecco/web/dp/repairman/rm-collar.avi

Here's a playblast of exactly what is happening. I've tried playing with several different ways to weight the collar as well ( All influence on skull tip, 50% neck, 50% upper spine, 100% joint before the neck)

I used FinalRig to build this rig, which is another reason i'm not sure how to solve this. At this point I don't have time to build my own and I've been pretty happy with FinalRig otherwise.

-Frank

vfxcreator
01-17-2004, 11:26 PM
well, missed you on irc, so here ya go....

i opened up one of the files that i worked on for a job that had finalrig, and yeah... a separate hip control SHOULD include not moving the collar area. i guess finalrig's idea of a separate hip control is something that doesnt control the shoulders... which is good, but not good enough if it moves the collar.

anyway, what you can do is go into the hierarchy for the finalrig setup, and take a look at the root joint (char_JT_DRV_Root )

now if you rotate that, the collar shouldnt be moving like it was when you rotate the hip controller. you can see the reason for this by taking a look at the outliner - the hip controller controls the root AND the char_LoSpineLoc. the _LoSpineLoc is the problem.

so now you can just make the rotate channels keyable and unlocked for the root, or maybe just make your own separate hip controller connected to the root only.

have fun ;)

-josh
josh@cgchannel.com

www.vfxcreator.com

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.