PDA

View Full Version : 3D Buzz Announces the Release of the Largest Collection of 3D Training Videos Ever!

lildragon
01-16-2004, 09:55 AM
Thought this would be of interest to a great deal of you, especially the College peeps out there. Thanks for the heads up Buzz.

==============================================
PRESS RELEASE

3D Buzz Announces the Release of the Largest Collection of 3D Training Videos Ever!

3D Buzz announced today that it will be releasing a 2-DVD set titled The Best of 3D Buzz, Volumes One and Two. The two discs combined contain over 250 separate VTM lessons, for a total of over 110 hours of 3D training content over a wide variety of 3D applications! Best of all, the DVDs contain exclusive 3D Buzz Member Sponsor content which has never before been released freely to the public! This includes the Houdini Special Effects videos, as well as the highly acclaimed Maya Technical Directing Online Course videos!

Each DVD will sell for $49.95 (plus S&H), but if you preorder the Bundle of both volumes, you will receive not only the DVD set, but also both of 3D Buzz’s Maya Rigging and Skinning videos on CD, their SIGGRAPH 2002 and 2003 Special Edition VTMs, and even a free 3D Buzz T-Shirt!

This is an incredible offer, encompassing a monumental effort for 3D Buzz. Preorders are already being taken at www.3dbuzz.com and the DVDs are scheduled for release on February 1, 2004!

For additional information along with the complete content list, check here:

http://sv1.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showthread.php?threadid=54581

==============================================

salud

Layer01
01-16-2004, 09:59 AM
cool..i also think i heard (dont quote me on this) that he was going to be releaseing some new VTM's (the free download ones that is) on maya and other apps pretty soon..but then it might not be true. though knowing buzz i'm sure he has some cool stuff planned for us :applause: :thumbsup:

way to go BUZZ :bowdown:

IanBlackford
01-16-2004, 10:11 AM
sweet :cool:

thanks for the plug Tito :buttrock:

its incredible the amount of training on each dvd :eek:

and yeas, there are many new vtm's in the pipeline...hold tight!

go buy! ;)
monsieurblack

shmurgle
01-16-2004, 10:31 AM
its amazing how much information is being included here. i cant believe the pricetag. thanks!

im assuming the preorder offer ends feb 1?

-jason

Layer01
01-16-2004, 10:48 AM
oh and folks...dont forget so that 3D buzz can stay free and keep giveing us the VTM's we love please spread the love....uh..or is that spread the word hmmm :p

see i'm doing my part arnt i good :bounce: he he he ;)

IanBlackford
01-16-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by shmurgle
its amazing how much information is being included here. i cant believe the pricetag. thanks!

im assuming the preorder offer ends feb 1?

-jason
he he :applause:

i know...the price is almost unbelieveable eh!?! [thats if you didn't know BuZZ ;)] everyone should own them...

re: preorder offer. yeah, you can safely assume that with february 1st being when delivery commences that then is when the preorder deal will come to an end...so go buy while they're hot! lol

thanks guys
monsieurblack

PixelVampire
01-16-2004, 11:35 AM
I wanted to get it but there is so much info. in there that I am scared to order it.
The *to do list" will get even more LONG :-(

IanBlackford
01-16-2004, 11:49 AM
lol

yeah, i hear ya...

but if you don't order now you'll miss out on those extra goodies ;)

people usually say theres not enough 3d video training out there...this is the first time i've heard theres too much! he he

i'm sure you'll cope though dude. you can never have too much reference material :)

burn
monsieurblack

Kyro
01-16-2004, 11:54 AM
this is such an awesome deal!! You have to buy this!!!!

thx buzz!!

DerKyro

PixelVampire
01-16-2004, 12:01 PM
Thats it I have too much reference material and not enough time to refrence it :cry:

I will get it. Although there is lot of stuff in there on softwares that I don't use. Argh well.....

3djoe
01-16-2004, 12:06 PM
That is an Insane amount of videos for the price.
Great Job Buzz.;)

IanBlackford
01-16-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by PixelVampire
Thats it I have too much reference material and not enough time to refrence it :cry:

I will get it. Although there is lot of stuff in there on softwares that I don't use. Argh well.....
you'll get through it all matey :)

yeah, the dvd's do contain various training video's covering many popular 3d packages...but as always you can apply what you've learnt in one package to your software of choice. its often a great cause of inspiration, y'know..."oh wow...you can do that in app 'A'?!?...hhhmmm, i wonder if i could do that in app 'B' that i use???" :cool:

hiya 3djoe, i agree...scared to actually work out how much it would be costing per video! :eek: theres that much stuff.

sweet
monsieurblack

CuTnPaste
01-16-2004, 12:26 PM
great!

Hey lildragon there is a little bug in your 3D BUZZ advice, precisely in the hyperlink of www.3dbuzz.com. A comma after the address.

bye

:surprised

Arimus
01-16-2004, 12:31 PM
Buzz and his crew have done amazing work and now they are bringing this out.....UNBELIEVABLE!!!:eek:

Thanks to Buzz I have gotten stuck into the whole 3D world and I am loving it...too bad I am not very good yet :surprised .

Anyway...well done Buzz and crew....we love ya!:buttrock: :bowdown:

rebo
01-16-2004, 12:43 PM
3D buzz's videos are the best videos ive seen for any application. GO BUZZ :applause: :cool:

EricCartman
01-16-2004, 01:04 PM
Too bad people who are not from US and have Mastercard can't order yet... there is an error in the transaction but they are working on it.

the_kdoggy
01-16-2004, 01:49 PM
lildragon.. you forgot to mention all the stuff that he is providing for the Unreal Tournament 2004 Special Edition.....

a whole lot of new stuff....

lildragon
01-16-2004, 02:08 PM
I would if I knew, but he only told me about this announcement. Do share the info tho

-lild

IanBlackford
01-16-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by lildragon
I would if I knew, but he only told me about this announcement. Do share the info tho

-lild
hiya tito :)

let me fill you in on the details...

this (http://sv1.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53866)

is the post BuZZ made. it contains quite a comprehensive list regarding all of the vtm's to be included with the up and coming release of Unreal Tournament 2004 Special Edition.

if theres any other information you need just give me a shout. :)

be sure to search the 3DBuZZ forums [or Mastering Unreal (http://www.masteringunreal.com/)] if you have any questions regarding the special edition release or any other info on ut2004 vtm's

and you thought it couldn't get any better eh!?! lol

theres SO much material bundled with the game its insane

*EDIT: any problems with links etc. please let me know and i'll either fix and/or post the details here. thanks peeps

create
monsieurblack

SegFaultII
01-16-2004, 02:59 PM
3dbuzz rocks :buttrock:

remember he is doing it for free ;) support the idea of education and helping the community, support buzz! :thumbsup:

do this by clicking on the banners or become a member sponsor, details on the site.

Wilson-3d
01-16-2004, 03:20 PM
Wow. This is great. I have really enjoyed the free ones and will have to preorder. What a great thing to have in your tool set. Training videos for almost the entire industry. Also the VTMs I have downloaded are much more interesting (funny and educational) than the average training video. I have really enjoyed them.

dAfTiE
01-16-2004, 03:55 PM
Will have to check my finances after my bills are paid up to see if I can get on the preorder for this one.
I'm a member sponsor over there,and trying to work my way through the Maya TD course and the C++ course right now,
and it's great stuff.

PixelVampire
01-16-2004, 04:03 PM
Can someone post the link of the actuall page from which I can order.

EDIT- Found it-
http://sv3.3dbuzz.com/xcart/customer/home.php?cat=1

Jasel
01-16-2004, 04:09 PM
Here ya go PixelVampire: http://sv3.3dbuzz.com/xcart/customer/product.php?productid=15&cat=

PixelVampire
01-16-2004, 04:13 PM
Jasel- Thanks

As I looked through the list I see lot of the tuts you can download free from the site anyway. The C++ stuff I am not interested in.
Some other videos were available with 3d mags. That does not leave much new stuff.
Am I right or completely off the mark????

SUMI
01-16-2004, 05:55 PM
anyone here still have the first VTM that buzz sent out? the cdr version and labled with Sharpies?? man.... i'll treasure that foreverRR.. i really learn alot from buzz have to admit his VTMs are one of the best not boring ones out there :)

buzZ is da man! :buttrock: :beer:

Cararan
01-16-2004, 06:50 PM
This is a good deal to jump on. Waiting to see when those new vtm's gets release. :bounce:

Demondo
01-16-2004, 07:03 PM
PixelVampire: The DVDs contain the majority of the site video content. (Pretty much only leaving out UT2K3 content, maybe a few other small things.) + 3d world mag videos + member sponsor content + member sponsor online classes.

The point of it isn't to release a ton of brand new content, but rather to help out 3dbuzz. BuZZ is pretty much broke, after paying hundreds (if not thousnads) of dollars for the site from his own pocket ever month + having just bought a house for the first time. He is very much in the red. The funds raised by DVD sales will help BuZZ maintain the site, and help him not have to turn on the star system.

Many people have said before that they wish they could pay for the content to support BuZZ, and he has always refused money donations. This is an easy, and fairly cheap (when comapred to some other training DVDs/videos) method of doing just that while getting a huge chunk of the 3dbuzz content.

Ejecta
01-16-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Demondo
BuZZ is pretty much broke.

That was cool of the bank to loan a broke man money to buy a house.

dpvtank
01-16-2004, 10:22 PM
I'm definately going to try and buy this. However, in the meanwhile, I'll contribute to the buzz community as much as I could.

This is awesome stuff..

Thanks Tito for the plug!

busbyj
01-16-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Ejecta
That was cool of the bank to loan a broke man money to buy a house.

Buzz, as in 3D Buzz is very very low on funds. Most people don't seem to realize just how much it costs to run the operation.

I am gearing up for 2004, and the plan is to offer even more free training then we did during 2003. But again, this takes money - CDRs are not cheap, shipping is not cheap and servers are not cheap.

As for some of the new content: All of you Maya fans, keep an eye out. :)

And yes, it was nice of the bank to loan a broke guy money ;) Having a stable job at The Renaissance Center for more than 6 years and good credit allowed the bank to exchange my rent for a mortgage payment... very nice indeed. :)

I'd like to say Thank You for all of those that had such encouraging comments! All I can say is 2004 is going to rock.

Sincerely,

BuZZ

IanBlackford
01-16-2004, 11:47 PM
:)

and rock it will my friend!

can't wait for the new maya stuff :cool:

[oh...shouldn't i be off somewhere else? working on... ;)shhh. lol]

thanks BuZZ [i'll get the files over to you tomorrow sometime...]

back to work...
monsieurblack

PixelVampire
01-17-2004, 09:27 AM
OK I will get it. When is the new Maya VTMs coming out? Is it in Feb?

TheGreenGiant
01-17-2004, 09:39 AM
Buzz rocks. His radio shows are awesome (that interview of Jason from Weta was awesome; as was the one with Tito) and the idea of them VTMs is visionary.

:thumbsup: Respect

Demondo
01-17-2004, 10:09 AM
PixelVampire: The free, public, VTMs along with the member sponsors ones are ALWAYS scheduled for "when they are ready". However, people who purchase Unreal Tournament 2004 Special Edition (retail: USD $60, with a $10 mail in rebate if you own Unreal Tournament 2003) will get well over 50 and even 60 hours of unreal mod making training. Included in this package is 24 brand new VTMs.

Now you're likely thinking "what does this have to do with Maya". Well Ut2K4 (and 2k3 for that matter) ship with the Maya PLE. So when modeling, rigging, animating, etc. The characters and vehicles that BuZZ will produce LIVE during those training videos he'll be using Maya. (He won't be using the PLE for anything other than the "intro to the Maya 5 PLE" video, other than that one he'll be using a commercial copy.)

Clearly, as I'm sure you know even better than I do, even though the content will be created with Unreal Tournament in mind, the skills can very easily be applied to other ventures as well. Not to mention videos covering basic modeling and animating in Maya will be included.

Check out the full list of videos with a breif description of each: http://sv1.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53866 you can ctrl+f for "Maya Fundamentals " if you want to jump straight to where the Maya training begins. The Maya training alone is well worth the $60 charge. Imagine buying it from any number of other places.

busbyj
01-17-2004, 04:13 PM
While there are several Maya VTMs including with UT2004 SE, we are working on a new line of them for regular release at 3D Buzz - and it is quite a nice lineup.

As for when they'll be ready, I cannot give an exact day, but I can say that we are working as fast as we can and that it will not be long. More details to come...

BuZZ

Ross Forster
01-17-2004, 07:45 PM
I have always had the greatest respect for Buzz:bowdown: and what he's been able to accomplish. Where other people might have just given up, he's been able to continue and succeed.

If you can, then please support him...its an amazing acheivment everyone can be apart of.:cry:

Ross

phOny
01-23-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by busbyj
All I can say is 2004 is going to rock.

It sure is, can i just echo the thanks to all the guys over here for the positive comments...

pezz
01-23-2004, 12:42 PM
Simply awesome :)

Stu_Hacking
01-23-2004, 01:18 PM
Fantastic :applause:

I guess it's time to try and earn some cash :cry:

Morty
01-25-2004, 12:08 AM
I'm a little confused...

Is the "Best of 3DBuzz DVD's" going to contain the same info or vtm's as the "Unreal Tournament 2004 SE" or vice versa?

Thanks. :surprised

busbyj
01-25-2004, 02:58 AM
Hi Morty,

Sorry, but the Best of 3DBuzz DVDs do not include the UT 2004 SE content. That content is only available with the purchase of UT2004 SE... and the SE will not contain any of the videos on the Best of 3DBuzz DVDs.

Hope this helps :)

BuZZ

Morty
01-25-2004, 03:20 AM
Thanks. :)

darcbark
01-25-2004, 07:11 AM
Downloaded the Gamespace vtm's and was really impressed with them, gonna have to try the demo, but i was looking for some vtm's for Cinema 4d. Does anyone know if their is going to be any released for cd4?

IanBlackford
01-25-2004, 02:58 PM
hiya darcbark :)

glad you liked the gameSpace VTM's :cool:

there has already been an 'introduction to...' VTM for cinema4d. It was produced for 3DWorld magazine cover cd to coincide with the cinema4d le version given away with the same issue :)

the very same VTM is also included on the 'Best of...' DVD's [volume II to be more specific] so if you ordered those you would not only get the cinema4d - overview and basic project but also many many more training videos ;)

hope that helped
monsieurblack

Tagger
01-25-2004, 05:49 PM
wow, even more maya content planned? ... awesome :)
2004 is gonne be a busy 3d year :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.