PDA

View Full Version : New training series for 3ds Max

lostpencil
01-16-2004, 09:13 AM
Hey Folks,

I thought you may be interested in our new release - a four part video training series entitled "3D Apprenticeship Training Series for 3ds Max"

This series of video training CDs totals over 23 hours of video training on 16 CDs or 3 DVD-Rs. The

video training material is for ...

- Modeling
- UV Mapping and Texturing
- Rigging and Weight Mapping
- Lighting and Animating

... a realistic horse using 3ds Max 6.0.

Buy the CD sets individually, or purchase the entire set on DVD-R. Introductory pricing in effect until January 23, 2004.

yog
01-16-2004, 02:15 PM
I can vouch for the fact that Paul's training videos are well worth the money and cover the topics in depth.

If it's like the others it will be real time (no cutting out stages), and Paul spends as much time explaining why you do something as he does explaining how. Alternative methods are also often explained.

I've got all Paul's Lightwave CD's and only wish there were more to buy (hint, hint).

josiah
01-16-2004, 02:34 PM
I have bought some LostPencil video cds in the past. They are the best training videos I have ever bought. Very well done and understandable. I can't wait to get my hands on these!

SuperMax
01-16-2004, 02:52 PM
I just wanna cry :cry:

DO you know how long ive been trying to model a horse, And the horse ive wanted to model and animate is EXACTLY like the one you guys did?

I HATE YOU!!
(take that as a compliment)

Im gonna get me one of these!

Just a small question

Whats the difference between the CD set and the DVD set? just the Video quality?

lostpencil
01-16-2004, 04:15 PM
Hey Guys, thanks a bunch for the kind words! The only difference between the CD and DVD set is the media that it is on. The content and quality is identical.

The video is only viewable on a PC or Mac (it doesn't play on your standard movie video DVD player that's connected to your TV), so we can distribute it either in CD or DVD format - plus we can make sure that the video is higher resolution (800x600) and that it is clearer (see an actual frame from the video (http://www.lostpencil.com/apprentice_actualx.html)).

Happy modeling, texturing, rigging and animating!

lostpencil
01-18-2004, 04:14 PM
Just a heads up, we also now accept payments other than paypal (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover/Novus, Diners Club, JCB and their derivitives).

Animare
01-18-2004, 10:14 PM
Awsome!

And what a PRICE!

I've just bought mine

3D Apprenticeship 3ds Max (DVD) $89.99 USD

Thats the whole thing right?

Looking forward to it, Im sure I won't be dissapointed

lostpencil
01-18-2004, 11:20 PM
:) Thanks for your order! Yep, it's the whole thing... all 23 hours. It was a blast to create it, so I hope you enjoy it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.