PDA

View Full Version : Seamless Texturing in Lw7

BluEgo
06-24-2002, 08:58 AM
Ok, I have a problem
In LW I made more square UV maps, in fact most of this UVs seem grids that come from 0 to 1 in both U V direction
In this way I'll make more square textures with no seam in the edge where 2 of them meet with each other
My problem:
If I render my model with pixel blending unchecked all works fine, but If I chek it, it appears a flicker in the edges where UV maps meet between them
There' s a system to solve this problem activating pixel blending?
Thanx and excuse my poor english

P.S. If U wanna see some images of how I created my UV maps see this link :
http://www.bigbangsol.com/mariotemp/problem.htm

GufO
06-24-2002, 09:45 AM
Devi allontanare leggermente i vertici della mappatura UV dal "bordo" ( del reticolo quadrato dalla mappa UV ) e ripetere l'ultimo pixel, è un metodo un po' empirico, ma dovrebbe funzionare.

Questo perchè LW Col pixel blending attivo sfoca anche l'ultimo pixel verso l'esterno della texture... ed il risultato è che non usa in modo preciso i pixel sui bordi della texture...

Se così non va prova a giocare con i settaggi di tiling della texture.

Anche io ho avuto esattamente lo stesso problema... però io lavoravo su un modello "low poly" quindi il pixel blending era necessario perchè le texture erano piccole.

So che non è una soluzione definitiva, ma spero ti possa aiutare in qualche modo. Comunque su questo forum c'è gente veramente massiccia nel campo, senza dubbio ti sapranno dire qualcosa di più. ;)

Ok, English version:

You should move the vertexes of your UV maps a little away from the "border-lines" (of the UV map area ).
This because lightwave with pixel blending enabled blends also the last "external" pixel of your texture.
The result is that you will have a non accurate texture border.

If this does not work, try playing around with tiling settings of the texture.

I had exactly the same problem with a low poly model, so pixel blending was necessary due to small textures.

I know it's not a definitive solution, but this forum is full of really skilled people, they will surely tell you something more illiminating ;)

BluEgo
06-24-2002, 10:59 AM
Ahahah! Fico!!! Ho pure ricevuto una risposta in Italiano!!!!
Grazie mille GufO
In realta' avevo gia' trovato questa soluzione, speravo pero' che non fosse l'unica :( , perche' questo significa che dopo aver creato le mie textures dopo devo fare un passaggio in piu' per fare un resize delle stesse, sob
Ho provato anche vari settagi con le opzioni di tiling, ma senza successo. Ho notato piuttosto che piu' alzo i parametri di antialiasing, piu' il seam diventa meno evidente, ma anche a livelli piuttosto alti il prob non scompare del tutto

Spero ci sia un altro metodo, ma nel frattempo son contento che tu mi abbia risposto cosi' celermente, grazie mille di nuovi :D !!!

:: English version ::
Thanks a lot, GufO
I already tried this solution, but I hope it isn't the only one :( , cause this means that after creating my textures I must resize them, sob
I also tried various tiling settings, but without success.
And I noticed that with more antialising the seam is less evident, but it doesn't disappear at all

I hope there will be another method, but for now I'm happy that you answer me so hurry, thanks a lot one more time :D !!

digones
06-25-2002, 11:28 PM
Hi guys,

First of all sorry for bodering you guys, but this problem is freaking me! :D

I have a question about UV texturing (I know that it's not the same problem, but we're talking about texturing, right? :) )

Well, I've tried MENI custom UV technique:
http://www.menithings.com/How/TheFreak_01_UV/Freak_UV_01.html

meni says:

"- In Modeler, make an Endomorph of your object.

- Unweld the points

- Create your custom UV in the Endomorph.

- Create a Planar UV of your altered Endomorph geometry.

- Clear your Endomorph and Merge Points.

That’s it; you may want to keep a copy of your custom UV object before clearing the Endomorph for future alterations."

=================================================

Ok, everything is fine when I'm viewing the object in the modeler, but when I go to layout for rendering porposes, something goes wrong with the model,

What I'm doing wrong?

take a look:

digones
06-25-2002, 11:35 PM
I think my problem is something with the endomorph since Meni says "Clear your Endomorph and Merge Points" ..... so I've tried to "clear" the endomorph but when I delete the endomorph's geometry, my original object is deleted too... is there another way to "clear" this endomorph? Or this is not the right solution?

thanks and PLEASE, somebody help me! :D

rodrigo.ribeiro
www.design-o-rama.com.br

tropistic
06-26-2002, 12:37 AM
meni says to "merge" the points ar the end. but you're illustration says you "welded" the "middle points"?? maybe that's why it looks broken...

alaklij
06-26-2002, 01:39 AM
press crtl+F6: this brings up a listing of all your vertex maps. Delete your Morph map from here without hurting your original geometry.

DrM
06-26-2002, 02:08 AM
This may help. I got it off flay.
Short Description: Mapping subdivision surfaced objects without distortion
Long Description: Getting rid of the distortion problems when UV mapping subdivison surfaces.
http://www.toonafish.nl/tutorials/tut_01/tut_01.htm

digones
06-26-2002, 03:05 AM
Thanks everybody!

tropistic: I have merged the points.... if I wasn't done it, I'll cannot turn the subpatches on... but thanks anyway! :)

alaklij: Wooow! :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: Thank you VERY MUCH alaklij! You save my day... really!!!

DrM: This tutorial is great for texture newbies like me.... thanks!

Now, my problem is finally solved:

digones
06-26-2002, 03:12 AM
well... now that u guys helped me, i'll share something I made using your help!

I hope u like it....

PS: the grass is just s simple picture taken from www.animax.it.... look at the texture..... :)

thanks again,

rodrigo.ribeiro
www.design-o-rama.com.br

alaklij
06-26-2002, 04:23 AM
:) It's my pleasure. Glad I could help.

Your bucket looks good. If I may say, let the bucket take more room in the composition. Zoom in and the form won't be distorted. Or move the camera closer to give some "fisheye" appeal.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.