PDA

View Full Version : Brazil Shadow Problem

Anurizm
01-16-2004, 01:35 AM
Hello,
I am having a problem with shadows in brazil. I didn't start having this problem untill I changed my materials from Brazil Basic Material to Brazil Utility material. Why did I change it to Brazil Utility material? My textures weren't bumping where the GI is hitting and it seems they still aren't. I am using a 3 point lighting setup with GI. I haven't messed with the lighting since I had the look I wanted, I just done texture tweaks which have caused this shadow problem to my belief. any help is greatly appreciated on my shadow and bump problems :)

http://cizel.com/~anurizm/test.jpg

pokoy
01-16-2004, 10:18 AM
what exactly do you mean?
the shadows look ok for me...

maybe you should light the scene with one light first, then go on with further lights. this way you´ll see wich light makes the bumps disappear.
also it´s possible that thy sky light (if you have one) washes them out, because of lighting the objects from every angle >>> this way it appears as there wouldn´t be any bump...

hope this helped. the scene looks cool.

fufanu
01-16-2004, 04:02 PM
also make sure your texture map isn't directly in the color slot in the brazil utility, it should be in the material slot right above color

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.