PDA

View Full Version : Steve Pugh interview

proton
01-16-2004, 12:31 AM
Steve Pugh
Visual Effects Producer - Eden FX

Visual effects producer Steve Pugh has been working in Hollywood for a good many years now, including stints at Emmy-winning effects houses Foundation Imaging and Eden FX. Currently at Eden and producing award-winning effects for the Star Trek: Enterprise series, Pugh has been a LightWave user for more than a decade. NewTek recently had the chance to speak with Steve at Eden's offices.

http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/profiles/StevePugh/index.html

Steve Warner
01-16-2004, 12:45 AM
Nice one! :thumbsup:

xtrm3d
01-16-2004, 12:46 AM
really cooll
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

leigh
01-16-2004, 12:58 AM
Oh my god it's the Pillsbury Doughboy! That thing seriously creeps me out :argh:

Those airport shots are awesome... I'd be interested to know how much of those is CG?

A really interesting article - especially the fact that you asked about their hardware. Also really bizarre to see that they actually use radiosity! They must have a lot of time to wait for renders :p

czapara
01-16-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Leigh

Those airport shots are awesome... I'd be interested to know how much of those is CG?

Those shots were done by EdenFX artist Steven Rogers, and they are indeed 100% Lighwave.

That shot is currently nominated for a VES Award for Best Matte Painting. Go Steven!

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.