PDA

View Full Version : More work on short

3dflasher
06-24-2002, 07:56 AM
Man everytime I post in the WIP section...my post gets avoided like the plague. It ends up on page 10 in like an hour. I think Im gonna post here for now, see if I can get some good crits.

I did a little bit more work on my short. Added a little intro comp, to try and explain the story...it not done yet :) I also need to make a title and stuff...Oh well.....here is th WIP
http://alden3d.com/demo_wip.avi

jnglemeat
06-25-2002, 03:52 AM
cant see jack****, what codec did you use, the movie opens up fine and i can hear the music. and the window is open looks like 640 or 720 res. no picture though
:hmm:

3dflasher
06-25-2002, 04:59 AM
It compressed using the new Divx codec 5.0.2...its also like a 15 mb movie file too...but it compressed real nice from 1.3gig
DIVX codec (http://www.divx.com/divx/)

ME3D
06-25-2002, 06:20 AM
Ok How about a Crit from someone close to home eh?

I watched your last version of the short and think the lighting has improved. The motion of the girl still needs tweeking, to smooth her out. Seems alittle Klunky. It is a really good shot though. Her tripping is a good detail, in fact you may make it less noticed by the character. So it seems more natural.
I like the fuzzy look in the cell best. In fact if the first shots were lit with the intensity they are now and you add in that fuzzyness i would think youve got it.
As for the beginning with the four elements and it leads you to think a fifth is about to be mentioned........You know theres a movie very closely related to that right? Might be just a little to much "Cheeze"
Are you doing this for your demo or as a short to send around to festivals? Hope this hasnt been taken as harsh. But since none answered and I am workign on the same type of thing presently I know how much a Crit is needed to bring things to our attention.
Good Luck,
Possibly I'll attend the next KCAGA and we can talk.

jnglemeat
06-25-2002, 06:48 AM
nice look of the animation ME3d said it best about the girl, tweaking, the trpping is nice. her walking is a bit weird, clunky was a nice word to describe it, maybe it is supposed to be like that because of the heavy boots, her feet dont bend much,like heel>>>flat>>>toe. again it could be intentional, i like :)

3dflasher
06-25-2002, 08:11 AM
Thanks guys for the great crits. I completely agree with you guys about the walk. That seems o be what everyone points out to. I think Im gonna have to go back and tweak it

The whole 5th element thing is not completely the route Im going. The movie did a poor job of portraying what the fifth elemet really is. It's usually refered to as the "Philosophical Stone". Alchymist have been in search for it for like thousands of years. Its not really a stone but an actual 5th element that is suppose to take form of all different elements... with the right knowledge ;) Trust me Im not trying to come close to what the movie did to that ancient relic. Im gonna try make it more the truth, but with an anime kick to it. I've studied metaphysics since I was little. It's kinda an old story to me. You guys should go and type the "Philosophical Stone" in a search engine .....happy reading cause those documents use some mighty big words :) :) :)A Very Brief Tract (http://www.bonatus.com/Alchemy/WConcerningPhilosophicalStone.htm)

ME3D- hey whats up. I dont take any crit harshly :) I enjoy them...the more honest the better. I didnt know they where still doing the KCAGA meetings. Havent been to one in like a year. You have to drop me a line when you find out when the next one is. Do they still have it at the Dick Clark American Bandstand diner?

ME3D
06-25-2002, 02:45 PM
I actually dont go anymore, and was never regular about it when I did.
I liked the group in L.A. (mgla) better, entertainment wise. They had sponsors and would have companies come in and demo new proagrams. I saw realviz and their set of four......Very cool! although I havent done more than try their demo. I would love to have the excuse to buy the retimer and the stitcher.

I think KCAGA is at the Johnson County Library now. Meeting ......possibly this week. Goto the Yahoo group and youll see the calendar. There is also another new creative group meeting this Wednesday or Thursday. If you dont find the link just send me a private message on here, and i'll get the links.
Later,
ME3D

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.