PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: Episodes Vii - Ix?

RobertoOrtiz
01-15-2004, 07:52 PM
Quote:
"If this turns out to be legit STAR WARS fans will have a Brit magazine named Hotdog to thank for it, but here goes: according to the December 2003 issue of that magazine, Chewbacca actor Peter Mayhew said that when he signed his contract to work in EPISODE III, there was a clause that he would be "required" to work in EPISODES VII, XIII and IX of the STAR WARS film series. "

>>link<< (http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp?aff_id=0&this_cat=Movies&action=page&type_id=&cat_id=270338&obj_id=40612)
-R

kromekat
01-15-2004, 10:59 PM
I doubt it, but hey, I'd be very pleased!!

Maybe old George will let someone else have a go at the reigns again!? :rolleyes:

pogonip
01-15-2004, 11:47 PM
I dont even see how it would be possible . The magic from the first movies was the characters for the most part....they are all to old now even if they would do it .....it's just not the same bringing on look alikes ..but who knows ..I would go see it for sure :bowdown:

jackburton
01-16-2004, 12:53 AM
I don't see the big deal. It says he'd be required to work on the sequels, it didn't say it's required that there be sequels. Sounds like Mayhew has a good contract. No matter what, if the sequels ever get made he'll be there. If not...he won't.

heavyness
01-16-2004, 01:37 AM
thats true. doesn't mean there are going to be more movies. i'm sure there was a paragraph in there about video games and other star wars products. i'm sure there is a lot of legal mumble jumble in there about everything and everyone. i do believe only Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill got to keep the money from their action figure sales, something in their contracts that they didn't think twice about when signing.

Lucas is starting up another CG department right? and a school for arts? hmm. episode 7, 8, 9 go CG! and let some other directors/producers do the movies. kinda like an Animatrix. get the scripts and ideas ok'ed, then let them go wild!

cgman27
01-16-2004, 02:50 AM
OR just leave the stories for the book writters who have already done a more than better job with the later episodes than the two turds we have been given for the earlier episodes.

Slurry
01-16-2004, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by pogonip
I dont even see how it would be possible . The magic from the first movies was the characters for the most part....they are all to old now even if they would do it .....it's just not the same bringing on look alikes ..but who knows ..I would go see it for sure :bowdown:

Hey, maybe by then they'll have believable CG clones of the actors when they are younger. Then the original cast just need to provide the voice acting.
Then the franchise could live on forever...interesting and scary thought.

DigiLusionist
01-16-2004, 06:29 AM
Obviously the original cast is too old to do the same roles. If the original trilogy is redone, it should be completely redone. New actors, and new story line. Sort of an alternate history type of thing. I guess.

heavyness
01-16-2004, 07:17 AM
"If the original trilogy is redone"

no, no. there's no plans to redo the original trilogy [4, 5, and 6] but the "last trilogy" [7, 8, and 9]. personally i like Timothy Zahn's "The Thrawn Trilogy." or just do episode 7 as "The Dark Empire" (http://www.starwars.com/eu/feature/20000405/)

then again, i've heard rumors of 4, 5, and 6 getting more scenes, then again, this is all rumors.....

kromekat
01-16-2004, 11:36 AM
Obviously the original cast is too old to do the same roles

Well actually, no! - if the next trilogy was set 30 years or so after Jedi the same as current films are set 30 years prior to New Hope, then they'd be exactly the right age to continue the story.

Lets face it, if they did it right, most of the emphasis would be on the children of Han and Leia anyway!

The thing that you have to ask yourself is - SHOULD they do it!? - financially; undoubtedly, technically; it would rock, dramatically; well with some original cast back again (especially Ford. And Fisher with her new deeper voice and post drug habit wisdom! :)) it would have some of that old magic back hopefully, but if the 6 films illustrate the completion of a circle from iccocent and good to bad and back again, what would the point of 7-9 be?

:rolleyes:

kromekat
01-16-2004, 11:40 AM
Just read some of that link to 'Dark Empire' - I really need to stay up to date with the 'other' SW stuff - I am a fan, but not that much lol!

Bottom line - if they are doing another trilogy, I am off to the ranch to look for a job this time round! :buttrock:

thethule
01-16-2004, 11:41 AM
I don't believe it. Plus dont forget that Hotdog magazine is the one that had the exclusive "review" of The Two Towers months before anyone else. Except that it was all bull. The reviewer hadnt seen it. Plus anyone in the UK knows that Hotdog magazine is a pile of c**p anyway. So......
What i HAVE read however was that Natalie Portman said in an interview that episode 3 would probably not be worth seeing. Harsh but probably true, sadly.

Regards,

Marc

MadDuke
01-16-2004, 02:53 PM
Whether this article is true or not, I did read somewhere that Steven Spielberg wants to direct a sequal trilogy if one ever gets made. Since Steven Spielberg and George Lucas have a close relationship then this could definitely happen.

Sieb
01-16-2004, 04:03 PM
If they do, they need to follow with the 30 years of storyline already layed out and "approved" by Lucas since he has final say on what books are allowed to be written into his universe. Personally I want to see the Thrawn or Corellian trillogy.

And.. Lucas isn't allowed to write scripts on his own anymore....

thethule
01-16-2004, 04:06 PM
Oh man....Thrawn and Interdictors on the big screen. Nice dream. The Zahn books where quite briliant, i thought they were as good as the original trilogy. Maybe we could all chip in one penny and buy Lucas a "Scriptwriting for Dummies" book?

Marc

Solesurvivor
01-16-2004, 06:16 PM
now where is that blasted money cow ;)

Boone
01-16-2004, 07:30 PM
There won't be another Trilogy. I got the feeling that Lucas made the prequels to "tie-up" some loose ends in the story-line. The Clone wars, for example...

PhilOsirus
01-17-2004, 06:14 AM
I get the feeling he did it to have some work on the table, some movies to film, some money to make;)

Nemoid
01-17-2004, 05:53 PM
Actually , VII- IV movie were required instead of I-III. a prequel isn't so interesting at all,and riskful in a storilyne like that of SW, while a sequel is more easy to doand interesting especially after some years.
Hope that the "Big Ewok" will decide to call a good director to make this new trilogy. Maybe some Rodriguez, Kershner or other good one with a great sense of rithm would do a better trilogy than I-III.

unclebob
01-17-2004, 11:53 PM
A long time ago in a studio far far away, GL said he had 9 movies in mind. The original three, a prequil three and a follow-up three. but 9 years to get the original three and a break of 10 years to start the first three.. he gave the 9 movie idea up. Not only that he has had other projects in mind and on the back burner. So I would hold any hope of them comming out of GL or ILM.

Duff Man
01-18-2004, 12:51 AM
It would be really great to see Episodes 7-9 finally done, but there are several problems with this, mainly the fact that there are already many published books on what happens that far down the road after the origianl series. So if they did, they would not be able to follow their original scripts because the Episodes 7-9 were never published and the books were partially written on what was perceived to happen, based on the various authors and approved by Lucasfilm.

Joe2003
01-18-2004, 02:54 AM
This is a classic case of websites and other sources making a mountain out of a molehill. When you are dealing with trilogies and series, you always get your ducks in a row. This kind of clause is not uncommon in contracts. But this is a far cry from confirmation that a new trilogy is being made. Besides, Mayhew has already stated he was misquoted.

Lucas has been unequivocal. He has specifically stated there will absolutely be no more Star Wars films after Episode III. So don't count on anything after Episode III. Lucas has made a point of this almost a half a dozen times. TV projects may get made, but that's about it. File this under fanboys latching on to any shred of hope. It's not going to happen, no matter how much they stoke the rumors.

eliseu gouveia
01-18-2004, 03:57 AM
Thank God for that.:cool:

heavyness
01-18-2004, 04:36 AM
but, its fun to dream...

Spankspeople
01-18-2004, 06:11 AM
He has specifically stated there will absolutely be no more Star Wars films after Episode III. So don't count on anything after Episode III.

He was also very intent on not releasing any Star Wars films on DVD until he was done the prequels so that he could release them chronologically... episode 1 came out on DVD within a few months.

I don't take much of what Lucas says completely seriously anymore... he's not to be trusted.

Sieb
01-18-2004, 09:00 AM
No, he said he wouldn't re-re-re-release the original three on dvd, but I think he will anyway.

The Clone War blips they did on cartoon network were cool, next series starts in April I think. That will be about all the extra stuff we get, until I'm done with my own series.. someday.. :rolleyes:

verbal007
01-18-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by kole
personally i like Timothy Zahn's "The Thrawn Trilogy." or just do episode 7 as "The Dark Empire" (http://www.starwars.com/eu/feature/20000405/)

ditto and...

Originally posted by kromekat
Maybe old George will let someone else have a go at the reigns again!? :rolleyes:

ditto...

Took the words right out of my mouth.

- Jeremy

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.