PDA

View Full Version : Still life: "VASE" A material study.

Landis
01-15-2004, 04:45 AM
......aaaaaaand thats a wrap! I have been working on a material study this past week and I am calling it final. I conducted this small study to clear some things up for myself before starting the "real" project I have had in mind. The model is based off of a vase in my home....I have quite a collection from all over the world (like the one I used for my tutorial in issue 46 of 3d world magazine)....one of the benefits of deploying from here to there with the military. Blah blah blah....now for the goods...

Here is the final image which includes the initial sketch that was ultimately used as a reference during the modeling phase...

http://www.landisfields.com/vase_002.jpg

Charcoals and color pencil were used for the sketch. The modeling, and shading was done in Blender and the textures themselves were created in Adobe Photoshop.

Be sure to search for my name in the next few weeks to see if I have posted anything regarding the project that this study was intended for. Take care all and as always thank you for taking the time to view my work.

Cheers,
Landis

TheGreenGiant
01-15-2004, 06:27 AM
hello Landis!

this is umm interesting! :D Try putting it in an environment and rendering it so we get more of a sense of the material (maybe against a concrete wall). Airman is cool!

:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.