PDA

View Full Version : KL SIGGRAPH - EXPOSE' Launch Event Report

Leonard
01-15-2004, 01:25 AM
Hi all,

I'm currently in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Yesterday, the local SIGGRAPH Chapter had its first ever official public meeting, which was a special event to launch EXPOSE' in the country as well. Steven Stahlberg, Rob Chang, Tan Jin Ho gave presentations on their artworks which were featured in EXPOSE' 1 and all artists including Kong Foong Ching (KFC) and Jane Wong from POV were at the event to sign books.

You can read more about the event and check out the photos here:

Article (http://www.cgnetworks.com/story_custom.php?story_id=1894)

http://www.cgnetworks.com/stories/2004_1/klbooksigning/bigart.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/story_custom.php?story_id=1894
)

Cheers,

Leo

Stahlberg
01-15-2004, 02:38 AM
Woohoo! I still got a buzz from that event...! :)
Thanks to Leonard and Mark and Alain and Ahmed and Patricia, and everyone else who helped, and everyone who came! And to the other artists! (Sorry I didn't get to meet Mark, maybe today? when are you leaving?)

Malaysia rocks! :)

Lunatique
01-15-2004, 04:16 AM
Yep, it was a blast! Lots of fun.

To all the people that came(especially the students that skipped class to come), you guys rock!

Nonono, er, I meant, stay in school and don't do drugs!. Ok, back to work now.

Ndru
01-15-2004, 04:43 AM
:cry: arghhhh, cant attend to this great event...

where can i get this book??

Ndru,

izmal
01-15-2004, 05:33 AM
thanks and congrats to all artists and event managment....u guys rock cyberjaya,KL..!glad to attend it...
:applause:

aeres
01-16-2004, 02:39 AM
It was great to finally meet and spoke to the masters themselves, extremely educational and inspiring.

Hats off to those who made it possible :applause:

singleguy
01-16-2004, 08:59 AM
Thanks Leonard for bringing this to malaysia. Was really happy to be part of the event. Thanks Rob for sharing how you work, not forgetting stalhberg, Didn't expect to meet them in person. Hope to see the next 3d festival to be held here in malaysia! :bounce:

kfc
01-17-2004, 03:23 PM
:beer:
It's the greatest day of my life.

wahahaha
01-17-2004, 04:22 PM
wooow!! thankx for the great sharing > steven n rob!! really appreciate tat!!

can't wait 4 the next event!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
( i really skipped my class juz to attent this event):cool:

singleguy
01-18-2004, 07:14 AM
"wahahaha " Shhh..... were not suppose to tell anyone that we skipped our most expensive class..

:p

dinodog-jr
01-19-2004, 07:30 AM
I dunno this event was held in KL..
wat's a pity. i was so free the whole week. Where will they come again & give us seminar?

where i can buy the artbook? how much it will cost? Sorry i dun haf visa card.

singleguy
01-19-2004, 02:01 PM
"dinodog_Jr"
Yes u miss a very interesting event. But if u want to get the book, you can try Basheer bookstore in Sungai wang. Im sure they have loads of them.

chien
08-01-2004, 10:06 AM
ouch......... I thought the siggraph was held in the overseas.......... If I knew it would be held in k.l I would have attended it, would have been so much fun.....

anyway..... would there be another siggraph event coming ? I would cetainly love to be there ! well for now, have fun ya all !

Stahlberg
08-01-2004, 02:55 PM
Siggraph is the name of the organisation. It has hundreds, maybe thousands of local chapters all over the world, most of them in the US of course. The new KL Siggraph chapter is the second in Asia. We have events every couple months. Email alainz@optidigit.com to join and you'll get notified of all events.

tzktime
11-11-2004, 08:54 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOO! how did i missed this?? omg all this time I wished that i was in the us to attend siggraph and all this while we have it here???? crap.... i am so blind.. not going to miss it again.. When is the next one??!!

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.