PDA

View Full Version : Character: Sebulba

BgDM
01-14-2004, 09:21 PM
Well, I feel that I have done all that I need to do on this, so I consider it finished.

Modelled in Blender. All texture work done in Photoshop 7. Some post done in Photoshop for colour correction and some noise.

http://hotlink.reblended.com/bgdm/sebulba_final_cgtalk.jpg

Fixed the eyes. Look much better now I think.

Thanks to everyone for the comments and crits in the WIP thread.

A huge thanks goes to TorQ over at the Blender community site, www.elysiun.com , for providing the UV unwrap for this. Without that, this textured version would not be possible.

If anyone is interested, I can post the texture maps, (a lot smaller versions), for you to see as well. Originals are 2400x1600 resolution.

BgDM

elijaha
01-14-2004, 11:23 PM
pretty good, only thing that stands out to me is the eyes, the white is too white and gives it a cartoony look, and the eyes seem to reflect the light in an odd way

Protoplasma
01-15-2004, 12:08 AM
good job! this one looks a bit to nice in exaggeration with the real sebulba but thats a minor thing. modeling and tex looks good.
and for blender its awesome in my eyes ! :thumbsup:

SidewinderX143
01-15-2004, 01:25 AM
looks great! the eyes are the only bad part....

brkn
01-15-2004, 01:46 AM
Great stuff, BgDM! Tweak those eyes a bit and you've got yourself a winner :)

behzad
01-15-2004, 01:48 AM
bump maps, where are they, keep me in touch when you apply it, so far looks very good. :applause:

BgDM
01-15-2004, 01:02 PM
elijaha: Thanks. I know about the eyes. I will be trying to fix that today. Didn't look so bad on my laptop, but when I saw it on my high resolution monitor at home, it stood out big time.

Protoplasma: Thanks you. Blender is becoming a great application since being open sourced. Lots of new features and more on the way.

brkn: Thanks man.

behzad: um, there is a bump map. Don't know why you can't see it, but that is how there are wrinkles and such. :shrug:

BgDM

Frank Dodd
01-15-2004, 01:17 PM
Very nice work on this, I think the percieved problem with the bump maps may be down to the lighting which is a bit flat at the moment.

But over all the geometry and texturing of this model is very nice.

Jako
01-15-2004, 03:32 PM
Great model! But the eyes are a bit "unreal".
Blender rulez!
:buttrock:
Jako

BgDM
01-16-2004, 03:24 PM
Updated the image with proper eyes and some more colour corrections. I think it looks much better than the first one I posted.

Frank Dodd: Thank you very much for the comment. I tried to fix the lighting in this one. Hopefully it looks a little better.

Jako: Thanks! Eyes are fixed now.

Thanks again for all the coments. I appreciate it.

BgDM

ringzero
01-16-2004, 05:39 PM
Its good but hes super smooth.

I know you say theres a bump but thats only for a few wrinkles.

This guys meant to be really wrinkly.

It looks likea plastic toy right now.

Whatch say...add more wrinkles to finish it off?;)

Frank Dodd
01-16-2004, 06:56 PM
I'm having trouble remembering what the origonal was like but that does look much area all of the flatness in the lighting from the top of the head has gone, it looks great.

brkn
01-16-2004, 10:34 PM
Ah that looks much better! Top notch work :)

JA-forreal
01-16-2004, 11:58 PM
This is some great modeling and texturing work BgDM! Try out a little displacement mapping on this one! Paint it out with some Yafray action. If you want some tips I will run your Blend file through the Blender and give it some Yafray flavor. I'm setting up my new "Blender and Yafray Quick GI Render Guides". I have one sample that uses the basic Yafray settings that would look good with this model man. You can just append the Yafray render lighting to your own textured and animated model.

Blend on!

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.