PDA

View Full Version : Animation: Glass Giraffe

UberModeler
01-13-2004, 10:15 PM
i have no idea if this is going to work.

This file is one of 4 in a series of walk and run cycles

http://uberwaffle.com/cgtalk/Giraffeanimation1.avi

the wierd stuff at the end is the reflection map so dont freak....it fixed in the big version where the cycles are put together....but i dont want to post it yet....cause its big and i want to see if you guys can see this one.

oh btw i did this 3 months ago

javawocky
01-14-2004, 04:20 AM
I love the glass texture and concept.

The front legs motion doesn't look right. The sholder seams to pop forward a little too quickly, perhaps ease the key in a little so it moves forward slower.

The back legs look like they are being dragged along by the front. I know they are a lot shorter than the front but they still look a little strange. Having lived in Africa for most of my life, I think a giraffe should be a lot more graceful. They have very long legs and sort of stroll slowly along. Even when they are galloping they are graceful. Maybe watch a little discovery channel ;) Perhaps you you were going for a smaller scale type walk, if so then you are on the right track.

teruchan
01-14-2004, 06:36 AM
Whoa!

Why this has not more comments I cannot understand. Half naked women seem to do very well oddly enough.

I really like the look of it. It would beinteresting to see in a scene... like walking across a table.

T

UberModeler
01-14-2004, 06:42 AM
yeah originally there was a scene with 2 of them on a dresser top and one almost falls off and the other one saves him right before a "Real" person comes in the room....but i had to move on to other things....ill post the gallop and run if i can find them.

velinje
01-14-2004, 09:24 AM
It's very nice, I really like to see it in an environment and how about showing us the other clips in the series? =9 How about posting a solid wire? It's hard to make out the whole animation of the giraffe. The legs at the back seem to be twitching abit? I would like to see the boning to! :D

Cheers and keep working :)

UberModeler
01-14-2004, 09:40 PM
ill get my buddy to host more of the animations..then ill post em laterz

Shaykai
01-14-2004, 10:26 PM
hahah totally sweet! I love the shader.

shaykai

MAXboy
01-14-2004, 11:05 PM
Oooh this is very fantastic animation..but how you did the glass texture ..and how you rigged the character?
Thanks;)
Maxboy

UberModeler
01-15-2004, 02:40 AM
I used max 6 with the mental ray default glass shader with a hdri map.....just had a black card always fallow the camera so it looks like he is in a all black envio. thats y you see the wierd crap flash at the end.

the rigging was bones. and a lot and i mean a LOT of tweaking. painted weights and pretty much looked how horses move for the animation.

trying to post more asap

UberModeler
01-15-2004, 02:45 AM
i think this is gallop?

http://uberwaffle.com/cgtalk/Giraffeanimation4.avi

UberModeler
01-15-2004, 11:08 PM
hey new animation check it out guys.

HenningK
01-16-2004, 02:56 AM
It's very neat to see this creature move around. Both in the walk and the gallop, however, there are snapping problems. All of the legs snap into full extension, probably because the IK handles are too far... thats how it is in Maya, anyway.
love,hen

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.