PDA

View Full Version : Making the missing map dialog go away

switchblade327
01-13-2004, 08:11 PM
Hey all,

I'm pretty new to Maxscripting but I've made some pretty good progress writing a script my team needed, to be able to batch render a bunch of in game animations to avis (somewhere around 2000 of them) that weren't ever intended to be rendered in MAX.

In fact, there's only one snag: the missing map/photometric dialog that comes up before rendering.

I've been able to turn on and off the system 'silentmode' command so it doesnt come up when the files are opened, but I cant make the pop up go away when it actually comes to render time. I have no idea which files will come with the messages and which wont, and this is not the kind of task I want to babysit.

The closest thing Ive had to success is with the command

logsystem.quietmode=true

However, with that one, it renders blank frames to the vfb and creates an empty avi.

There's got to be another way to do this. Can anyone help?

TIA.

magicm
01-16-2004, 12:58 PM
I wrote a standalone program for this some time ago. You can download it from the discreet forum:
http://support.discreet.com/webboard/wbpx.dll/~3dsmax/read?88216,12

Regards,
Martijn

switchblade327
01-16-2004, 08:46 PM
Martjin,

I found your application on the discreet boards the evening after I posted this question. You have no idea how much time that's saved me!

Thanks so much.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.