PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Character

Ashe Tie'skar
01-13-2004, 06:31 AM
Hey All,

I would love some criticing of my character. He is still a wip, but I could really use some help! Everyone here has good advice and I hope you will share some with me.

Click on the link to get to my character...

Here is the link (http://www.shadyvale.net/kaledorn/)

Thanks,

Ashe

Frankyc
01-14-2004, 02:40 AM
I think the top of the head needs to be more curvier. At the mo, the top of the ear is pretty straight. I think just an extar couple of edges to make it curve down and into the top of the head would make it look better.

I like the rest of it though, wats the poly count?

Ashe Tie'skar
01-14-2004, 07:01 AM
First off, i want to say thanks for replying to my post, it really boosted my spirits.

I will look into rounding its head more.

I really need to add some polygons i think, but i didn't know what i was doing when i started... heh. It is my first character. It has 718 polies. I think it has 1318 or so triangles... I still don't understand exactly what i am suppose to use and stuff when it comes to polygons or triangles, but those are the poly counts.

It has 1 1028x1028 texture map (which i know i didn't use very well, and i would LOVE some advice on what i should have done or need to change). I also feel like it needs more detail, but i don't really know what or how i should add it, or where for that matter.

Comments on the textures would also be greatly apperiacted.

Again thanks for the reply it really gave me a second wind, i was getting pretty frusturated.

Thanks again!

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.