PDA

View Full Version : Fox Close To Renewing "Family Guy"

RobertoOrtiz
01-12-2004, 09:30 PM
Quote:
"Talks are under way with both Fox - which canceled the cartoon series two years ago - and the Cartoon Network - which airs it in reruns now - for new episodes of the show, Seth MacFarlane, creator of "Family Guy," told The Post.

No matter what, MacFarlane says, production will begin soon - even if he doesn't know exactly where they'll end up.

"We're sort of waiting on an official word, but to the best of my knowledge, the plan is to start producing a batch of new episodes without necessarily knowing where they're going to wind up," he says. "It's sort of a new format that really hasn't been tried before, and it's based on the DVD sales."

DVD sales of the canceled show have been huge - and in no small part is fueling talk of reviving the series. "

>>link<< (http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/15460.htm)
-R

SheepFactory
01-12-2004, 09:39 PM
cant wait :buttrock:

jStins
01-12-2004, 09:43 PM
sweet! I hope it goes to Cartoon Network. Adult Swim is the best block of tv programming out there IMO :beer:

-Joel

psyop63b
01-12-2004, 10:08 PM
Family Guy and The Critic should have never been cancelled. Instead they produce The PJ's. Family Guy was actually cancelled TWICE for the love of God! The Critic also moved over to comedy central, then a short run on the internet.

I like the trend of selling TV series on DVD now, my only complaint though is that I still can't find dvds of shows from my childhood. I want to see everything from sitcoms to my old Saturday morning cartoons. When the hell are they going to put Alf on dvd? He's good enough to sell 10-10-987 for collect calls, why not dvds?

ajsfuxor
01-12-2004, 10:13 PM
Well...I think they should bring back the best TV show ever created...FUTURAMA!!!

Moo 4.5
01-12-2004, 11:49 PM
OMG Alf on DVD!!!! Thatís the best idea I've heard this year :P

I totally forgot about this show, It was one of my favorite shows growing up.

Can't wait for more eps of FAMILY GUY, I still enjoy watching repeats and even though I know when the joke is coming up I still have to laugh. Nobody delivers a joke like peter.

"Who touched the Thermostat?"

Mindmatter
01-12-2004, 11:58 PM
Finally! And not a minute too soon.
And now, me after hearing the news: :bounce:

Ckerr812
01-13-2004, 12:22 AM
shhhh...Don't jinx it... Word is that they are in talks....but you know, it's a mixed bag.

If Fox didn't pick up for about 35 new episodes, Seth was working on a straight to DVD movie.....Which I think would of been really really cool, because no censorship, no ads, just straight to the consumer, which would of been great.

He even said that he can't do it if the show comes back on the air.

Anyways, eithier way it would be really cool. I think it just goes to show though..that money talks and BS walks... with all those dvd sold Fox just couldn't ignore such a cash cow *

Maybe the evil Monkey can have an episode dedicated to him* :)

Valkyrien
01-13-2004, 12:34 AM
*coughSeinfeldondvdcough*

who said that!!

yeah, I definitely own teh whole series and watch it on AS all the time...can't WAIT for new episodes!!!

MaTaDoR
01-13-2004, 12:44 AM
hey Ckerr812, is that pointing monkey from Family guy?

I remember a show where I saw that and it had me crying with laughter, I thought it was futurama tho.

t-man152
01-13-2004, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Ckerr812
shhhh...Don't jinx it... Word is that they are in talks....but you know, it's a mixed bag.

If Fox didn't pick up for about 35 new episodes, Seth was working on a straight to DVD movie.....Which I think would of been really really cool, because no censorship, no ads, just straight to the consumer, which would of been great.

He even said that he can't do it if the show comes back on the air.

Anyways, eithier way it would be really cool. I think it just goes to show though..that money talks and BS walks... with all those dvd sold Fox just couldn't ignore such a cash cow *

Maybe the evil Monkey can have an episode dedicated to him* :)

I love that monkey. I dont know what I love so much about him maybe the teeth maybe the shaking arm as if he is straining his arm or maybe the fact that he comes out right after the family laughs at chris for telling them that there is an evil monkey in his room.

anyways its great that its finally coming back I want new episodes

Nicodemus
01-13-2004, 01:47 PM
The best is the episode where they flash back and show what made to "Angry Monkey" angry.

~L~

Ckerr812
01-13-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by MaTaDoR
hey Ckerr812, is that pointing monkey from Family guy?

I remember a show where I saw that and it had me crying with laughter, I thought it was futurama tho.

Yea man, he was in three episodes of family guy. He makes me laugh all the time, he just points and is so bitter...

Specially when he wears his suit for work, a monkey in a suit....that practically writes itself..lol

TheWraith
01-13-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by psyop63b
I like the trend of selling TV series on DVD now, my only complaint though is that I still can't find dvds of shows from my childhood. I want to see everything from sitcoms to my old Saturday morning cartoons. When the hell are they going to put Alf on dvd? He's good enough to sell 10-10-987 for collect calls, why not dvds?

i LOVED alf growing up, however there are reruns of it on (or at least were, i only saw an episode or two of the reruns) and after watching it... you're like, "i used to like this show?". it's sort of like saved by the bell, the levels of cornyness i don't think could ever be reached again! and yet all those years growing up that i watched them... i loved every episode! i could never understand how kids could watch shows like pokemon or dragon ball z because of the awful animation until i saw a rerun of voltron, one of my fav cartoons growing up. i never remembered it bein' so bad either. i do think alf would do decent though, kids at least would love him just as we did!

shows i used to love:
alf, voltron, saved by the bell, talespin, ducktales, teenage mutant ninja turtles, smurfs, family ties (saw as reruns as a kid), rip tide, knight rider, a-team, airwolf, sea quest, viper (i would LOVE to have the pilot of viper again, had a recording of it but can't find the vhs anymore), family matters (another unbelievably corny show now that i have seen it again)

Gregwid
01-14-2004, 12:58 AM
Love the show. Little stewart is the baddest coolest little baby going.Thanks for the hot tip.:beer:

lildragon
01-14-2004, 10:14 AM
Thank god they came to their senses, here's to Stewie! :beer:

-lild

Nicodemus
01-14-2004, 01:39 PM
Vive la Stewie!!!!!

~L~

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.