PDA

View Full Version : Rendering Movies!!

Monkeyboi
06-23-2002, 11:10 AM
How do I render out a movie file from XSI? I can only export as a huge series of stills! Wich ofcourse can't contain audio. Am I missing something completely here?

macoy
06-23-2002, 01:17 PM
use the flipbook to open ur sequence and export to other formats like avi and quicktime, using any codec u have on ur system. It can also multiplex an audio track with the video.

Monkeyboi
06-25-2002, 02:46 PM
Er.. thanks, but that kinda sucks! What if I have a load of audio tracks in my Animation Mixer? I can only use one audio file per .avi movie I make! Unless ofcouse you can export all of the audio from the mixer as one long audio strip and then reimport it when you make your .avi file. Anyone?

macoy
06-25-2002, 02:50 PM
i han't used sound in xsi yet, i guess it's better to add the sound in postproduction....I may be wrong:)

Necropolis
06-27-2002, 05:20 PM
Monkeyboi,

I would suggest that you invest in something like Adobe Premiere, if you do not have it already. Add your sound tracks in the editing program not with in XSI. This way you can easily layer multiple soundtracks unto your project and control their volume, etc... Also, even though space can be an issue when rendering out single frames of an animation, I strongly suggest you stick to that. If you render out your animation as a single movie file if something happens mid render the entire file can be lost. If we are talking many hours worth of rendering that can be an untenable situation. Render out animations as single frames whenever possible, that way if something goes wrong you will have all the frames before the error, and can start rendering from that point saving you a ton of time and heart ache.

ggg
06-28-2002, 06:16 PM
sound in xsi at the moment is extremly limited. I would use it only for reference during animation and really clean it up for lip sync refernce.

even for syncing it is not great compared to other packages.

more advanced features, driving a parameter from an audio channel, real mixing and editing, filtering, curve channel fx (except a few) are not available yet.

Atyss
06-28-2002, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Monkeyboi
Er.. thanks, but that kinda sucks!

You think it sucks because you're not working the professional way. Sorry to be harsh but the truth is that if XSI doesn't render movie files is because professionals never render movie files as final rendering.

Just my 2 cents
Salutations - Cheers
Bernard Lebel

macoy
06-28-2002, 09:14 PM
unfortunately, what Atyss said is true;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.