PDA

View Full Version : Enviroment: Farm

leobarttz
01-12-2004, 02:14 PM
Hello!!

Here is an enviroment. I used 3DSMAX 6.0, and Vray.
The scene was done in two parts, because it has a lot
of faces!! The total scene has 37.385.306 faces.

Thanks,

Leo

http://leo.bartz.vilabol.uol.com.br/index.htm

GARA
01-12-2004, 02:40 PM
wow, very nice reminds me of the days i used to visit the farms :)

however, not too sure about the stream [water] maybe have it reflect some of the scenery? ie. tree, sky?

another thing is the backdrop to the CG...
it needs a lil work, maybe the lighting colour of your CG needs to be tinted more blue?
or adjust the backdrop so the hills in the farground appear a little more tinted green...

imo, the two backdrop and foreground don't seem to be totaly linked.

nice though :)

vlad74
01-12-2004, 02:44 PM
Very sweeeeeeet. I like everything grass, trees, stones.The only thing i don't like is the background. In your scene the main colour is green but for the backgroung is blue( i'm talking about the mountains). I will suggest you to leave only the skys and get rid of the moutains(make one by yourself).Anyway I really love it.:applause:

danne82
01-12-2004, 03:07 PM
stunning work!! :beer:

otacon
01-12-2004, 07:16 PM
Awesome. It makes me want to walk into the picture.:thumbsup: But i agree that the background doesnt really fit.

lulaassassina
01-12-2004, 07:31 PM
DOF. Compare trees and background. 2nd plane trees are blured. The rest of the image isn't.

leobarttz
01-12-2004, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the comments!

I agree, the background and the water are too strange...
I will try to change them.:)

Troy
01-12-2004, 10:02 PM
Amazing work man!

I love verdant/countryside environments

how did you make the grass? and is the sky a photo?

Nature seems to be very tamed in this environment, that can be a good thing...but can sometimes make things look artificial. - like the water looks very transparent.

leobarttz
01-13-2004, 11:51 AM
:) Hello again!!

Thanks for the comments poeople!!

Troy, the grass was made with Vray displacement.

Here is another version, with other Background and lightning,
please comments...

http://leo.bartz.vilabol.uol.com.br/sunshine.htm

ThomasMahler
01-13-2004, 12:55 PM
Technically, the new image is better, but I'd love to "live" in the first one. Absolutely beautiful, reminds me a little of the first LotR movie.

Stunning work, simply beautiful.

Troy
01-13-2004, 01:51 PM
The second one is great, but I love the first one too.

I think you should keep experimenting with backgrounds, - looking forward to updates.

leobarttz
01-13-2004, 08:01 PM
Thanks Troy.:thumbsup:

IŽll try to post with some new backgrounds and lightnings...

mathes
01-13-2004, 08:10 PM
The first one is a beautiful image. If you are going for photorealism, it does need some work. However, if you are going for style, I'd have to say that I love what you've done with it.

The only thing I would change, would be to either change the length of grass that is around the plants (those sections would typically be longer than the rest) or just add more of a variation in the length around the whole field (just something to break it apart a bit.

slaction
01-13-2004, 09:43 PM
Its a great picture, but because the scene just drops off after the fence it always ends up looking like a gold course to me.

pandras
01-13-2004, 11:27 PM
great pics. i only have a few suggestions:

those composited trees in the BG are blurred, though the mountains are sharp again. i would simply remove them.

I think the pics are strong in the details. i love the cargo (you know, the prehistoric van - btw, what do you call it in english?), and the border of the river and the road. that place on the road (specially the grass) is beautiful.
i think some bigger renders of some details, as separated images would be even better than the original, because it's a bit too wide perspective and there are places which are too schematic.

great pics, again

3D-ima Green
01-13-2004, 11:38 PM
Beautiful work! :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.