PDA

View Full Version : Character request: Medeval statue

ogun
01-12-2004, 12:43 AM
I hope this thread qualifies for the game art design section, since it's a WIP map for a Q3A mod I'm working on (http://www.freewebs.com/johnsson85/mapping/ns_manor_statue.jpg) (as you can see, the light hasn't got any source, textures aren't final and detail is missing). But the map isn't really what I want to bring to attention. Instead I want to ask if anyone has made or know anyone who has made a medeval statue fitting for this environment. You know the kind of empty armor statue you can see in many horror movies taking place in a castle. With the authors permission, I'd like to use it in the map the screen above comes from. The mod in question is Navy SEALs: Covert Operations http://www.ns-co.net. Thanks.

ogun
01-13-2004, 01:31 PM
Aww c'mon, 80 views and no reply? No one of you have ever seen an armor statue like that? Regarding the link I posted in my last post, you have to copy and paste it to your url bar to view the picture.

Prs-Phil
01-13-2004, 04:46 PM
uh, I have seen what you mean but I donīt know anyone who has done something like that (including me). I guess there are not to many people around that do either.

Sry ... why donīt you ... try to model it yourself, you will get more help by doing that :)

ogun
01-13-2004, 06:04 PM
Because I... suck at... modeling...

Thanks for your reply. Well actually, if I'd make a model myself for my map, it'd lower the standard of my map, and I wouldn't want that ;P. I guess there isn't anyone around then, who's got nothing to do and wish to test their skills at some lowpoly work? At least you can be sure, if it's of good quality, that it will be used.

Prs-Phil
01-14-2004, 12:00 PM
uhm I suck at animation ... guess what Iīm doing ... Iīm practicing

Really just try to model it and post your progress, ppl will help you.

ogun
01-14-2004, 01:52 PM
Well I suck at ping pong, but I won't practice it just to get better since I'm simply not interested in it. Same goes for modeling. Thanks for your tips, but no thanks.

*edit and since I'm in a team which has a modeler, I don't feel motivated to start from the beginning. If I'd be by myself then perhaps, but not considering the circumstances. Just don't wanna put unnecessary work on his shoulders.

Prs-Phil
01-14-2004, 04:53 PM
ok m8, if you think so but your comparison with ping pong is really ... O_o

You do gameart, so you might want to consider looking at various aspects of it. Ping pong is a totally different thing. Modeling would be a subcategory of gameart.

ogun
01-15-2004, 01:28 PM
Yeah you're right about the subcategory thing.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.