PDA

View Full Version : Making Silver ....

Chaosphere
01-11-2004, 02:46 AM
Hey I need to make a piece of jewlery... its silver...whats the best method to do that, i am using max 6.... what shaders, color, etc.... I am thinking i should use mental ray, but I need some suggestions.... please thanks

Impactor Return
01-12-2004, 03:45 PM
max has silver, chrome (black and white) in the material libarys, they are pretty good, so id use them.

U could embark on a HDRI route, but u will need a nifty enviroment.

Personaly i like final renders blurry raytracing...

Stroker
01-12-2004, 04:57 PM
I've gotten good results with a Shellac material.

1. Standard material with a very blurry reflection map.
2. Raytraced with some reflection.

EricChadwick
01-12-2004, 06:02 PM
Here's a tutorial for jewelry that might help...
http://kezan.onnovanbraam.com/tutorials.htm

robin3d
02-12-2004, 10:37 PM
Hi . I read your turorials and have learned a lot. I'm kinda new to 3d and texturing is one of my favorite parts.
Iv' learned how to map all of these in maya and it feels like i can handle that part now. However im having a 10week projekt att school where i'm supposed to do a short 3d film and i thought i would paint all texturemaps needed however one qustion is still bugging me. How does all these maps actually look to work right. I know its the grey walues but how much to create a certain effect?
Would like to see a character with ass many of these texture maps mapped as possible and all the maps named so i could studdy exactly how you or anyone drew to get the diffrent effects
This would conclude all your tutorials. it's like the missing part of a puzzle.

One more question, did i get it all wrong when i read something like the diffusion map only working correctly in use of global illumination?

Oh oh oh one more! anybody has a tutorial of what the diffrent utility nodes in maya do, i'v used the facing ratio and most of them are kinda self explaining but for example the utilynode got lots of atributes except facing ratio. I nee tips and tricks how to use these and what effects i can creat with these diffrent powerfull nodes

I am forever thankfull ;) you helped me alot. Perfect to read on my way to school. dont know what to reed now when i'm all out of tutorials ;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.