PDA

View Full Version : Unpleasant company ...

Sevensheaven
01-10-2004, 11:50 PM
http://www.sevensheaven.nl/fs.php?file=art_06.jpg

:D

Cheers from the cold 'n' rainy lowlands,

Metin

ken0
01-11-2004, 12:31 AM
I can't see the image!

Sevensheaven
01-11-2004, 12:34 AM
That's strange. Did you click on the image link? I guess the image isn't displayed in the post itself because it's a link involving a PHP script. So you have to click on it.

Cheerio,

Metin

Man
01-11-2004, 01:18 AM
dude... AWESOME render!

great lighting and materials too

the modelling could be improved but it doesn't make the scene look bad

man.....great work
:buttrock:

boboroshi
01-11-2004, 02:39 AM
Looking good. I'd play with the "audrey" looking visitor's skin texture a bit...

Sevensheaven
01-11-2004, 12:40 PM
Thanks! But uhm ... "Audrey"? Don't know who or what that is, sorry.

Cheers,

Metin

Sevensheaven
01-11-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Man
dude... AWESOME render!

great lighting and materials too

the modelling could be improved but it doesn't make the scene look bad

man.....great work
:buttrock:

Thanks man! Much appreciated.

Cheerio,

Metin

simonjaap
01-11-2004, 12:46 PM
very great!! :D (cause its dutch eh ;) ) I really like the clothing on the table and the way the little fish looks :D great man!

Sevensheaven
01-11-2004, 12:52 PM
Thanks countryman Simon! :) Do you happen to have a website where I can view your work?

Cheerio,

Metin

Geronimous
01-11-2004, 01:36 PM
Netjes man! :D

Awesome materials and lightening!

MaxxQ
01-11-2004, 03:00 PM
Audrey (more specifically, Audrey II) refers to the "main character" in a movie called "Little Shop of Horrors". More from the 1986 musical version than the original 1960 Roger Corman flick.

Anyway, I like your render. There's a nice juxtaposition of the realistic-looking objects and cartoony characters.:thumbsup:

The Don
01-11-2004, 03:31 PM
the bowl and the cloth could easily be mistaken for a photo! :eek:

DirtySkillet
01-11-2004, 04:03 PM
Hehe, the cloth is freakin amazing! Where'd u get that texture?!?! The glass bowl looks great, but I have to complain about the water a bit. I'm not sure why, but the water line at the top dosn't look to great. Personaly, I would like more realistic fish, plants ect.. But thats just my opinion.

Great work man. superb render! Peace.

ThomasMahler
01-11-2004, 04:17 PM
This is an excellent render. The cloth Texture is brilliant, extremely photorealistic. But the water is bothering me. The top line of the water is as sharp as a razor blade and IMO quite disturbing to your eyes.

Apart from that - excellent render, good modeling, awesome lighting.

gtsix
01-11-2004, 04:21 PM
Good, reeeeeally good man! I love it!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Great lighting, and texturing... and sense of humor too!! :thumbsup:

Keep going this way!

My latest projects

Ibanez JS Guitar (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100863) , Hot Wheels tribute (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111880), 1985 Nostalgia (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114702)

simonjaap
01-11-2004, 04:53 PM
ehm je mag best een website hebben maar k ben pas n half jaar bezig met 3d, en k gebruik een gratis programma dus t is nie al te best hoor.. k hoop ooit nog s zo goed te worden als iemand als jij :) ze zeggen dat k wel talent heb dus k kan wel hopen.. men site is dit (http://www.raxxisbak.com/simon) (niet lachen ik heb de site nie gemaakt :P) nog ff iets;

I love the combination of cartoony/realism the same style as finding nemo, but this is lookin much more realistic :) once again, great work! :bounce:

SkullboX
01-11-2004, 05:05 PM
Still, that's no reason to speak in our annoying language on an international forum, Simon :P

Metin 7, it's looking very good. I'm personally not familiar with rendering or texturing at all, but it looks very well done. The thing you could improve this piece on is adding some expression. While the fish already has some expression, in my opinion you could do a lot better if only by adding some contrast around the eyes. That might not be the cause, but it doesn't read that well. The Plant next to it however, seems to have close to no expression. Given the rather comic look of the fish, you could easily sneak in a subtle grin, or whatever works.

Still, very good job on it!

Sevensheaven
01-11-2004, 05:16 PM
Thanks very much to all of you for the very flattering comments and constructive comments!

About the water surface: It does have a little rounded edge at the side, like liquid in a glass has where the liquid meets the glass, but it's the camera's point of view that makes the edge look a little sharp, I agree. But as it takes about ten hours on my Pentium 4 2,5 GHz to render a new version (resolution 1280 x 1280) I guess I'll leave it this way. :)

The cloth is a simple plane mesh, bent at the front side to give the impression of a table beneath the cloth. I processed some subtle noise in the geometry, to simulate folds. The diffuse texture is a tiling photo of a typical tablecloth pattern and I used a grayscale map in the bump channel for the stitched cloth impression. That's all. :)

About Audrey: ah, yes, I've never seen that movie, but I know what you mean. I quite like that plant design, so I guess the Audrey look is okay by me. :)

Gtsix, you've created some pretty slick images. Keep up the good work!

Simon, I like your old train. The detail shows you've got patience and that's one of the essential things for creating interesting 3D imagery, in my humble opinion (next to a whole range of other essential things of course).

Cheerio!

Metin

simonjaap
01-11-2004, 05:24 PM
Hehe ill speak english now :P (gave the bad link :S dit is t (http://www.raxxisbak.com/simon/portfolio) ) but that doesnt matter its youre topic not mine :P just wanted to say i cant stop lookin at ure image, i really like it :thumbsup: though the top of the water is lookin kinda strange but thats the way the light has been turned i think (sorry for so much replies but i really like the image, its really my style ;))

Sevensheaven
01-11-2004, 05:24 PM
Thanks Skullbox,

I guess you're right about the expression of uhm ... Audrey :), but to be really honest after rendering the picture over and over for about ten hours per render I'm quite fed up with it. For example I had no bubbles in there at first, so I decided to add those, and after that render was finished I thought the bubbles were too round and I added some noise to the geometry, and had to wait for another ten hours. And those ten hours are with already optimized settings. :(

So unless one of you comes up with a really unmistakably essential element I have overlooked all the time (please don't come up with it :)) I'd like to keep this a finished project. :)

Cheers!

M7

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.