PDA

View Full Version : still: Project CC

teruchan
01-09-2004, 04:10 AM
I'm not entirely sure which is the best place to post this since they split the galleries. While the image began as 3D, there is a lot of 2D in it as well. On the whole I would guess it is mostly 3D so I placed it here...

Poster for a project

http://www.studioartfx.com/images/blog/blog156full.jpg

By the way, can anyone tell me how you place your own image in your avatar space?

teruchan
01-09-2004, 04:34 PM
I forgot to mention that the 3D aspects are doen in Lightwave 3D, and the 2D done in Mirage...

So, does anybody know about the avatar thing?

T

HenningK
01-09-2004, 08:28 PM
Its kind of an uneasy mix between 2 and 3D. The lighting is weird. I am distracted by the spaces under the tables, which should either be darker, full of more stuff to look at, or deleted from the shot somehow. The lighting on the girl's face is right, but the two boys should be more highlighted.
The girl's pose and expression are full of character (she looks in the middle of a confident stride however, where did she come from and is she about to trip over the middle boy's foot?). The two boys look dull in comparison with her. Tell more about the project?
You need to accumulate a certain number of posts to have your own avatar. I think its 20.
love,hen

teruchan
01-10-2004, 05:46 AM
If I had to change it to go more one way or the other, it woul dbe to go for a flatter and even more 2D look. This is in contrast to the things I have done in the past which go more toward realism.

I wanted to do a much more "fun" type of show in the tradition of the "shonen" programs like Naruto, BeyBlade or, I dare say, Dragonball. This show is actually not that show, but a bit of a spin off or extra from what I plan to be a big adventure show getting into mythology, history, prophecy and so on.

Here though I will look at or review the types of things covered from an educational standpoint. Thus the computers.

T

cblev
01-11-2004, 07:47 PM
Very nice, but a few small things stand out:

--Guy in center's shoulders need to come up and in and fingers might bend over corner more in a grasp if he's actually holding himself up.
He also looks as if he's trying to trip the girl.

-Guy on right's back foot is floating.

-Having the characters' cel lines colored along similar tones as the background would go a long way to having them merge into the scene better.

-Lastly, having the large, black monitors to the left with busy screens pulls focus away from charactersf (as a still anyway).

teruchan
01-14-2004, 06:09 AM
Those are all very good points. It's amazing how every person picks out something different when viewing an image, especially when they are things that never caught the creator of the image.

WHy is that?

T

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.