PDA

View Full Version : File Problem

DrkSide_Clone
01-08-2004, 09:51 PM
Hi, I have been sitting and painting a picture for many hours on CorelPaint 8, but suddenly when I tried to save the file, I was almost done, the program closed and the file size went down to 0KB, and when I try to open the file I get a msg saying "Insufficient Space on Disk to Open New Picture"

plz help, I havn't deleted the file yet, is there any hope ?? ? ?? :(
thnx

Munk
01-08-2004, 10:33 PM
You can try running the saved script. The script you want to run is probably dated 1/8/2000 then the actual time opened the document to start working on it. When I run a script to rebuild a file that has bad Riff data, I stop it at frequent intervals and save the file as __01, __02 etc. Many times a layer will be missing but you can create another and add it where it belongs before continuing the script. This process does not always work but is worth a try.

The worst part of the way Painter saves the script is that it doesn't actually access any library besides the default ones. You can't miss when this happens because a dialog will appear saying that ___ can't be found and promts you to continue the script. You have to remember to stop the script and load any custom stuff before continuing.

If you have used any Looks or Nozzles or custom images turned into layers you may not be able to recover those portions of your image.

Good Luck

Munk

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.