PDA

View Full Version : Plugins for Shake

andre_alder
01-08-2004, 07:34 PM
Hi,

How many plugins are avaliable for Shake today?
When SpeedSix will released a package for Shake?

Thanx
AD

beaker
01-09-2004, 02:46 AM
http://www.apple.com/software/pro/resources/plugins_tools.html

boboroshi
01-19-2004, 05:38 PM
Most of the power in shake comes not from third party plugins, but from the ability to script your own. I know compositors who have recreated versions of the sapphire plugins simply using scripting.

Between the macros on highend 3d and the stuff that comes with the app, you should be able to do a lot of the work that you would need shake for. The sapphire and foundry plugins generally make things faster or more efficent at render time.

andre_alder
01-19-2004, 06:31 PM
And what's the best way to learn how to write my own scripts?

Could you indicate me a book, site or something like that, please?

Thanx very much,
ANdre

boboroshi
01-19-2004, 10:50 PM
It's pretty much the manual. If you don't know shake, i'd suggest pickign up the apple pro training book for Shake 3 and giving it a whirl. Note that it doesn't work on NT. Shake 3 is Linux and Mac OS X only.

As far as learning the scripting side of it, figure out the variables and play around a lot. There's not really a lot of documentation or tutorials.

allenwang3
01-22-2004, 06:31 PM
GRAIN_SURGERY
REFLEX_V2.2
CineSpace
TWIXTOR
Ultimatte
tinder
furnace
sapphire
maybe some else.there are many coolllllll..macros on highend3d,just download them and enjoy:beer:
yes ,plugins are faster than macro,but sometimes plugins can do
somethings cool that macro can not,like knoros in furnace...of course ,she is very very expensive...:buttrock:

arvid
01-22-2004, 07:42 PM
It's strange, but I think most macros are just as fast as you'd expect, they're just regular shake nodes repackaged, while most plugins I've tried are utterly slow, and there's nothing I can do about that :rolleyes:

SalaTar
01-25-2004, 11:52 PM
depends on what you need..
sometimes a plug that saves time in "flunky" time to do eats render time:thumbsup:

Paul Moran
01-26-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by boboroshi
It's pretty much the manual. If you don't know shake, i'd suggest pickign up the apple pro training book for Shake 3 and giving it a whirl. Note that it doesn't work on NT. Shake 3 is Linux and Mac OS X only.

As far as learning the scripting side of it, figure out the variables and play around a lot. There's not really a lot of documentation or tutorials.

just to add to the apple pro training series book comment...just be aware that the 30 day trial that comes with this book is an Apple only version ...no support for Linux :(

However, if you speak to your local shake distributor...they should hook you up with a linux 30 day to play with in conjunction with your new book :)

BTW, the book is very good, and very well written with great support doco's and elements

Cheers :thumbsup:

fr3drik
02-01-2004, 09:53 PM
A good way to learn scripting (and other features of Shake) would probably be to check out the learning videos from CMI Studios (http://www.cmistudios.com/) . I havn't checked them out myself yet, but I hear they are great.

arvid
02-02-2004, 08:37 AM
I'm pretty sure they're not. Very basic stuff and the instructor is not experienced and seem to make a lot of rookie-mistakes :surprised The manuals are way better...

(btw Fr3drik, I pm'd you on DC the other day ;) )

boboroshi
02-02-2004, 02:51 PM
cMi also has some free tutorials on their website as well.

http://cmistudios.com/training.htm

allenwang3
02-08-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by opacity
I'm pretty sure they're not. Very basic stuff and the instructor is not experienced and seem to make a lot of rookie-mistakes :surprised The manuals are way better...

(btw Fr3drik, I pm'd you on DC the other day ;) )
yes ,i think so too.the videos from cmi are too basic to learn some useful thing.shake's doc is really goodˇ«ˇ«ˇ«ˇ«ˇ«ˇ«ˇ«ˇ«:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.