PDA

View Full Version : A Thought Made Flesh, Enayla (2D), (2D)

Enayla
01-08-2004, 12:50 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/45074/ladyofmask-closeup_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/45074/ladyofmask-closeup.jpg)

Title: A Thought Made Flesh, Enayla (2D)
Name:
Software:

I've been busy working my tushy off - and then my computer crashed. Yes. Crashed. Hard drive failure. Network card gone bonkers. I haven't been able to access the web properly for ages. Anyway, during the downtime, I started sketching on a little something, and I finished it tonight.
I know it's another 'posing' character, but I was in one of those moods and didn't feel up to going out of my way to do something else. You probably know the feeling ;]
It's for my fairytale project. Story behind it withheld this time though.
And a closeup so that you can see what's going on (well, kind of, anyway)
http://www.fur/iae.com/images/ladyofmask-closeup.jpg
(Aside from the normal referencing from my best friend (who looks nothing like that and wore clothes in the photos, hahah), I've also looked up a lot, lot, lot of references for marshes - I've never painted anything like this before :] )[/SIZE]

cherry988
01-08-2004, 12:54 AM
good£¬I like..

Satanicat
01-08-2004, 01:37 AM
that looks freaky, I like it, the face, just looks kind of weird in her hand, but maybe thats just me:)

starqueen
01-08-2004, 01:53 AM
Your anatomy is improving quite a bit, it's very interesting seeing the work on your portfolio site and seeing the more recent works. :)

I love this piece, the detail is great. Again, the anatomy is impressive, the details on her hands and feet are superb. The connection and message is interesting.

Some crits: the reflection in the water should fade a little bit at the end as it goes south in the picture right? Also, I'd have to say that her face peel looks a little odd, perhaps if it fell a little more with gravity?

It's a pleasure to crit your work :) keep up the hard work

deffectx
01-08-2004, 06:21 AM
so real so percfect i love in especial the mask and blood, and the clote :p looks very sexy i think its good:thumbsup:

Kirt
01-08-2004, 08:45 AM
I can't wait until D'artiste comes out ... I'm dying to see how you put these magnificent paintings together. Each new post turns into another of my favorites! Nice work again Linda.

Nit-pickin' : the forground branch on the top right seems a bit transparent where it overlaps the other tree. It keeps drawing my attention away from the otherwise flawless renderings.

Also the guy in the canoe seems like he should be lighter.

pogonip
01-08-2004, 09:04 AM
Holy shizzzz...gruesome but masterful !! :thumbsup: The background looks like a photo...that's supposed to be a compliment

WarLocKsS
01-08-2004, 09:09 AM
how long have you been doing this ? ( like when did you started doing art and stuff )

WarLocKsS

OrcOYoyo
01-08-2004, 09:12 AM
Wow great picture.
Also the idea.... :beer:

Her hands and feet are very well done same with the rest of the picture of course.

Only little thing id say is that the reflection of the birdie is to sharp.

Thanks for sharing :D

a111
01-08-2004, 09:27 AM
Great job!!!!!!
:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

Wojtala
01-08-2004, 09:41 AM
I love the atmosphere of this artwork...Opera of Death like...
and respect to your painting skills :)

:)

olijosman
01-08-2004, 10:54 AM
Huuuf... fantastic, awesome!! . Another magnificent work indeed !! :thumbsup: :bowdown:

olijosman
01-08-2004, 10:59 AM
a question please....!! how long of work has this painting? you work really fast!!:applause:

lildragon
01-08-2004, 12:48 PM
Excellent work again Linda, nothing to really comment on.

[Plugged]

-lild

vlad74
01-08-2004, 12:53 PM
Amazing atmosphere.I love it.5 stars.

Enayla
01-08-2004, 12:55 PM
cherry988: Thank you :]

Satanicat: Thanks :) Freaky was kind of what I was aiming for: most of my art is rather sweet and ‘romantic’ in a sense, so I wanted something a little odd.

Starqueen: Thank you tons :) It’s lovely to hear that I’m getting somewhere: sometimes it feels as if though I never progress, you know? I need desperately to update furiae.com soon, but work has me stretched really thin.

I totally agree with you on the reflection in the water. I’ll see if I can fix it sometime soon – I suppose I just didn’t think about it at the time. As for the face peel… I know it looks a bit odd, but I tried it in a myriad of different ways and this is what I thought looked the best. I think I’ll just have to call that a lost battle and leave it as it is, heheh. Thank you very much, though :]

Deffectx: Thanks :) Glad you noticed the sexiness ;] She’s wearing lots less clothes than most of my female characters. Mainly because I wanted sensuality to counter her torn-off face.

Kirt: Hey, thank you very much :] And thank you even more for pointing out the branch to me – I had totally missed out on that. It’s embarrassing how blind I go to my own work. I’ll see what I can do about that and the canoe – maybe when I get back home from work.

Pogonip: Gruesome! Yay! I did something gruesome! ;D Thank you!

WarLocKsS: How long? Well, ah, very long I suppose. Painting overall – since I was a little kid, and I’m 26 now. On the computer… for some five years now, at the least.

OrcOYoyo: Thank you :) Ironically enough, I got the idea from a very freaky dream I had a week or two ago. I though ’I just HAVE to paint that’… and now I have. I’ll see what I can do about the reflection :] I guess I was so happy I finally got the bird ‘right’ that I kind of messed up with the reflection in my eagerness to get on with the painting.

Rubens Chu: Thank you :D

Ananke: Thanks :] I aimed for a very particular atmosphere with this one and every colour was chosen for mood rather than ‘correctness’. Glad to hear you like the feeling that my efforts display :)

Olijosman: Thank you :] How long did it take me? I’m not entirely sure. I started sketching on this a few weeks back – and then I got side tracked. I snapped reference pictures to help me out three days ago, and then I worked on it nearly non-stop since then. That’s usually how it goes for me – I rarely have the time to paint, so when I do, it’s 24hours/day. Heheh.

lildragon: Oi, thank you :D For compliment and plug alike!!

vlad74: You posted while I was typing this long post of responses ;] So I'm editing a reply for you into my post. Thank you :) Like I said earlier - I did a lot of hard work to get to the mood in this painting :) Glad it's appreciated.

Max4d
01-08-2004, 01:04 PM
Stop posting; you are getting all the attention ;)

Very cool images, again, the color scheme is very good. Love the detail, i am glad to see that you finally put a great deal of detail in it, some of your pictures sometimes seem unfinished on certain places.

Keep it up

Max4d

Cartesius
01-08-2004, 01:19 PM
Excellent work as usual.:buttrock:Nothin to crit really, but I'm very interested in the story behind the image -- she has ripped half her face off, for heaven's sake!!

/Anders

PS. Jag bor också i Umeå, på Ålidhem. :) DS.

siquier
01-08-2004, 01:23 PM
Here is another piece of Art from your great talent.
My applause.

Garma
01-08-2004, 01:27 PM
ey nice work. Thinking about breakin into your house and removing some little must-have component from your computer. Maybe we can expect more that way :rolleyes:

I dig the athmosphere, story would interest me certainly.

mindrot
01-08-2004, 01:40 PM
Damn this is beautiful. I love thes skin tones (especially the translucancy on the fingers).

Great mood and atmosphere.

Awesome...

PauGfx
01-08-2004, 01:47 PM
awsome! i love your style!

:beer:

/Pau

gtidhar
01-08-2004, 01:50 PM
Enalya, you are the best example a person can get to what art is all about.

You are conveying alot of emotions with your creations and you do it with alot of tallent.

Truely great work!

MKane
01-08-2004, 01:58 PM
Beautiful. Outstanding work. I can find no other comments aside from, "ewww, gross".

The Atmosphere and the colors all flow and matches the mood of the image. Semi-victorian, semi-gothic.

r2d3
01-08-2004, 02:05 PM
finnally i can replace your old piece with the new one as a wallpaper :D

hard to comment
but i think that the highlight on the left knie looks to much like a spot i would smudge it some more :p

olijosman
01-08-2004, 02:08 PM
thanks! :thumbsup:

Rivendale
01-08-2004, 02:11 PM
Amazing, beautiful, fantastic, underbart!
What more can I say, really intriguing stuff.

gtidhar
01-08-2004, 02:12 PM
She has the most perfect lips, which makes me want to kiss her.

But it makes me sad seeing she replaced her own face with a mask...

What a great peace.

moroten
01-08-2004, 03:01 PM
Übersweet. Pure Art. Spot on.
Gratulerar!

Mvh Daniel

Franz
01-08-2004, 03:18 PM
talking about progress. Ive seen most of your pictures and I think with this picture you have definately reached another step. Congrats. :thumbsup:

nathan 3d
01-08-2004, 03:48 PM
I knew this was yours when I saw the plug. I never get tired of seeing your character designs. I sure would like to know what the story behind this is. I gues I will have to wait for the book :)

it looks so good. Your style matches mine so well, only I am not good enough to express it like this :(

Great job! I'm sorry to hear about the crash. I hope you didn't loose any important stuff.

jtk77
01-08-2004, 04:16 PM
Wow, thats really nice work , Almost looks like oil on that close up. I really like the nice way the light hits her.
Its a rather haunting image , good job on the imagination of it.
The only thing that just bugs me , and I could be wrong about the physicis of it.
The tree to camera right of her where the bird is standing has definit lite hitting it from the backside. Camera forward if you would, but the tree she is in front of doesn't even have a rim light that would show where that bounce is from.
that brightness of those trees straight ahead, background( the bird even as well) and the void of any of that angle in the foreground ones is just throwing me off.
Be something on that tree unless its bouncing from somewhere inbetween her and the background area...which i suppose could be the case. anyway. The tree avoiding any tone even when you see the light on her and the rimming the grass around her is just odd.. doesn't stop the story from being told, so I guess it doesn't matter.
Anyway
The close up shows the detail. Its really something you just look at trying to figure out the story, so thats awsome indeed.

oxyg3n
01-08-2004, 04:44 PM
Wow, this is really awesome. I like it alot. It is so creppy and beautiful.

elevationson
01-08-2004, 04:44 PM
this is nice, I love the detail in the hands and face,

crit: the reflections in the water could fade out more, or maybe the water could be a little more murky

Kel Solaar
01-08-2004, 05:02 PM
Impressive work as usual :) Very Beautifull

Riddick
01-08-2004, 05:07 PM
Ouaw I am very impress by this latest painting. That last one is so precise in the character.
And this person is so sensual! I indeed believe that it is the first really sensual woman whom I see of you.
It is an excellent work.
In more with much fewer subtleties you reach has to make this wood exist.
It is indeed! Very well!:scream: :applause:

Indavisual
01-08-2004, 05:18 PM
That is some excellent work. I love all your work and you just keep improving. Teach me your ways. :) Better submit this to Expose 2 if you havent already. :thumbsup:

Antropus
01-08-2004, 05:50 PM
Enayla,

Every time I see your work I think with myself: "Is a looooooong and haaaaard way..."

Truly inspiring work!!!! Masterpiece!!!! Awesome!!!! Arghssssss! hehehe

Congratulations!

ps.: thanks for your post on my "Old Man Painting". A great honor for sure ;)

Clondike7
01-08-2004, 05:52 PM
Very very good.
She's so freaky shes sexy...:hmm:

Only crit is that i think you didnt draw the clavicle (you know, the bone near the shoulder, on top of the chest). But thats the only bad thing besides everything thats already been pointed out.

Naseem
01-08-2004, 06:04 PM
as long she keeps her mask on i woudnt mind going out with her.

i like ur work.

sonicstrawbery
01-08-2004, 06:13 PM
Amazing ! You made a very good work of composition.

Very mysterious piece of art . Nice lighting too.

:buttrock:

azvin
01-08-2004, 06:22 PM
u rock!!!
:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

Enayla
01-08-2004, 06:33 PM
Wow, I can hardly keep up with the comments :D You’re all so sweet!

Max4d: Heheh ;P I’m such an attention-hogger. No, but seriously: thank you kindly for your compliment. I used to be such a total detail-freak and I’ve tried to lighten up on my perfectionism for a while… but slowly going back to being crazy about the details now :] Glad you like it. For you, being a fan of details, I’ll show you how overboard I went with this painting – did lots of details no one will ever see:
http://www.furiae.com/images/mask-detail.jpg

Cartesius: Thanks :) You’ll see the story if I get to publish the book, heheh ;] -- och, en till Umebo? Skoj :] Jag är också Ålidhemmare, så vi är så gott som grannar, nästan!

Siquier: Thank you :)

Garma: Thanks :D Hahah, I’ve had enough computer-panic the last few weeks to last me a lifetime, thank you! ;]

Mindrot: Thankee :) I’ve tried something different with the skin tones this time around. With the colours overall, in fact: these aren’t at all the type of colours I usually work with. It was tons of fun though :)

PauGfx: Heheh :] Animation? I don’t know the first thing about animating. Anyone who feels like making a 3D version of any of my images and try animating it, though, feel free to get in touch with me :) It would be wonderfully fun. Thanks! :D

Gtidhar: Aw, you’re making me blush :) Thank you, you’re much too kind. It’s funny – on the one hand, I get people telling me that all my work is stiff, boring, and emotionless: not at all ‘art’, but more like… dull illustration… And then I get nice people like you, telling me that the things I’m trying to show are getting through :] I’m glad.

MKane: Heeh, you have no idea of how overjoyed I am that I’ve finally managed to make a picture that freaks people out a little :D I’m happy! Thank you kindly :]

r2d3: Thank you :] I’ll see what I can do about the knee :D (and when I start updating my site again: I promise I’ll put this one up as a larger-sized wallpaper!)

Rivendale: “ I want to take his face... off. Eyes, nose, skin, teeth. It's coming off!” Heheh :] Thank you!

Gtidhar: Hey, another comment from you :D Yay! I’m glad you like her lips :) It’s doubly flattering, actually, given that they’re based on my own (hahah, I could totally not paint the mouth in that angle ‘til I dug out a mirror and referenced from my own face). Thanks ;]

Moroten: Thank you! (och tack! Jätterartt!)

Franz: Aw, so glad to hear that :D I always get this feeling of never progressing, and of having this ‘one’ image that I felt was much better than all my recent stuff. Maybe I’ll look back at this one like that for a while now :) I’ll see.

nathan 3d: Hey, glad to hear you can spot my stuff :] I get uncertain sometimes of whether or not my style is recognisble :) And as far as what you feel you are good enough to express… you should see what I was drawing a few years ago. If you just keep at it, progress is insanely quick (well, not really – but it’s invisible and suddenly you realise you’re a lot better than you used to be). Send me a note if you ever post any WIP or something at CGTalk that you want me to have a look at :)

jtk77: Thank you very much – for crit and comment alike. I can totally see what you mean, now that you’ve pointed it out to me. I think I got so caught up in what I thought looked ‘good’ that I forgot to consider what was ‘plausible’, if that makes any sense. I have a strong tendency towards this – being a very visual, distracted person without any real talent for logic :] I always mess up this way, and I never see it before someone points it out to me. If I get the time to repaint that large a portion of the image, I certainly will because what you’re saying makes total sense. If I don’t, I’ll just have to see if I can beat it into my head to remember it for my next image: because I’m certain to make this mistake repeatedly. I just don’t stop to think “the tree behind her shouldn’t be that dark”. Instead, I go “hey, if I darken the tree, it makes the face pop out more”. Heheh :] Again, thank you.

oxyg3n: Thank you :D Glad to hear you find it both creepy and beautiful – exactly what I was aiming for.

Elevationson: Thank you :) You’re absolutely right regarding the water. I’ll see what I can do about it :D

Kel Solaar: Thank you kindly :D

Riddick: Oi, thankee :D I’m so glad I got the sensuality across. I generally don’t paint women that way: perhaps because I don’t aim towards any kind of eroticism in my images… but this time around, I wanted her to be sensual and freaky… which was, admittedly, very difficult. I was hoping people would find her strangely attractive in spite of the blood in her face. :]

Indavisual: Thanks :D And no, I haven’t submitted to Exposé 2 yet – I’ve been so insanely busy these past few months (and I mean insanely) that I haven’t been able to. I am aiming to do it this weekend :)

Antropus: Aw, thank you so much :D And about your painting: it really caught my attention – of course I commented on it :)

Clondike7: ”She's so freaky shes sexy...” Heeeh, I love that :D Thank you! And you’re right about the clavicle (not that I knew the word – English isn’t exactly my first language ;])… I guess I just totally missed that :)

Martok: Heheheh, even if she kept bleeding all over you? :D Thanks!

Cipher: Thanks :D I tried to think more about composition than I usually do :] I’m glad you think it paid off.

Azvin: Thankeeee :D <3

Cararan
01-08-2004, 06:36 PM
Whoa. there's something about this picture. Nice Work.

Ac0rN
01-08-2004, 07:02 PM
WhoUaack :surprised , crazy idea , nice painting , I like the mood of it .. very nice colors , and very nice girl too ;)

insanelight
01-08-2004, 07:09 PM
D I S T U R B I N G

... & Superb.

agreenster
01-08-2004, 07:55 PM
Chesus Jrist. That is freaking amazing. I have so much repesct for painters, and this just exudes talent. You are oozing talent.:drool:

Good for you!

BeCOOL_MiN
01-08-2004, 07:56 PM
WOW

I love mood...And this painting make me wanna know about your fairlytale project.

It's kind of creepy...However, that's what I like.
Especially, face......that has been take off(?)....

:thumbsup:

anticz
01-08-2004, 07:58 PM
Damn you kick ass now. I remember seeing all your posts years ago on sijun in the early days and have been a big fan ever since. Your stuff was great back then but you've really evoled you skills over the past few years. It's so cool to see someone progress over a period of time. Just wanted to say congrats and wish you continued success.

cris castro
01-08-2004, 08:27 PM
she thrashed her face,unbelievable!

DaKrunch
01-08-2004, 08:55 PM
wow!
impressive...

i'm not going to sleep tonight... :surprised

CGmonkey
01-08-2004, 08:57 PM
Du har exceptionell talang!

You rock ^_^

Goro
01-08-2004, 08:57 PM
Another great piece! The lighting is perfect.
you really :buttrock:

starqueen
01-08-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Enayla
did lots of details no one will ever see:

Every detail you make shows through no matter how small it is. I think anyway... I like the details and you seem to have a knack towards it, why stop? Go cwazy :p

SILMAETH
01-08-2004, 09:27 PM
absolutely fantastic!!
my favorite one from all your work.
my new desktop background!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

bluavenger
01-08-2004, 09:32 PM
I like the blood, dark and tits! :) Real cool work!

P.S. Very good site and the artist :)

pogonip
01-08-2004, 09:47 PM
I was talking to my friend and looking at this and we both agree it's an awesome painting but it's just the context of the painting . A lady sitting half naked in the swamp holding her face she has just ripped off ...just the set up makes no sense :hmm:

Goatfuzz
01-08-2004, 09:48 PM
Beautiful! It's most certainly an impressive image and deserves front page. I wish I could say more, sorry...

hesido
01-08-2004, 10:19 PM
I feel like a puny little ordinary person :)

Frank Dodd
01-08-2004, 11:13 PM
An excellent piece of work I thought it was very effective in creating a a creepy, uneasy feeling in the viewer, my stomach certainly tightened up looking at it in detail.

Strikingly disturbing.

Jan Sandahl
01-08-2004, 11:59 PM
Nice Linda,

Very good mood, scenery and composition. The area between her right shoulder and chest look a bit flat though. It might be correct but it would serve the image to bring out shapes around there more.

I'd reeeeally like to see a close up on her right foot... ;-)

Protoplasma
01-09-2004, 12:41 AM
yeah thats great, real pro stuff :eek:
your color choise detailism and tideiness is top notch, those hand and her lips in closeup ...
only undiserving crit: the mask/skin in her hand looks a lil bit odd to me, kinda a 2D map i`d say. everything else is perfect ! i`ll keep an eye on you from now on :cool:

Turbonium
01-09-2004, 12:45 AM
I love the concept. Really cool.

bluemagicuk
01-09-2004, 02:30 AM
phenomenal

DigitalOmega
01-09-2004, 03:58 AM
i cant say anything else, i love your work! congratulations!
u are one of the best artist i have seen, u are a living master! with people like u, maybe we can have a rennasaince of the good art, in another medium, but really beatifull, the way art MUST be!

luyanming
01-09-2004, 04:43 AM
cool!:thumbsup:

skyboy
01-09-2004, 05:53 AM
amazing work...but there's one thing in my mind that's "why..why..why she destroy her own face?"
by the way. great job :applause:

Angel O'Death
01-09-2004, 07:18 AM
SO many comments already it's hard to find anything else to say.

I think the only thing left is the way the middle finger connects to the knuckle on her left hand is very unnatural.

Other then that i really love the painting. The hand aside from the the knuckle looks stunningly real! The first thing i thought when i saw the picture was 'oh...that's just sick', and then i saw the woman and thought 'damn shame...don't touch the breasts!'. lol!

keep painting those weird dreams, they make great art.

rayz
01-09-2004, 07:25 AM
wonderful image very interesting..... very creepy tho, and freaky, also disturbing :eek: , somehow its reminding me of the ring.

Great job :applause:

Max4d
01-09-2004, 08:33 AM
Hey Linda

How do ya mean, detail freak :P:P. Yeah, I tend to hug details, and I see that you are not so different. Great picture which shows very much detail. Longs hours and lot of passion must have gone into this one. Even though I saw that mistakes were mentioned, you do seem to have the ability to create a special mood about your pictures, both fantasy like and…. well…… I don’t know how to exactly say it. But I just could call it the Linda effect :D:D

Keep it up, great work

Max4d

Edit: Some time ago i saw some pictures on gfx artist which were in the elite gallery and looked realy cool. I saved them and also saved some fantasy pictures which were displayed on cgtalk gallery........... i just visited your website and they turn out to be yours :bowdown:

CoreyArtE
01-09-2004, 11:14 AM
Wow LINDA I wish i could do stuff like that. Do you ever use a reference?

tobie.cote
01-09-2004, 04:32 PM
You are playing with light like Beethoven was playing piano. Your art is an asset to cg paint

I love your sense of drama.

Tobie
My Portfolio (http://www.tobiecote.com)

DongMei
01-09-2004, 06:53 PM
it's awesome, i love your painting, and you also!

Enayla
01-10-2004, 01:58 AM
Whee! Just got back from my third viewing of Return of the King, and I'm in such a wonderful mood that I'm practically raving! It's 3:45 in the morning, and I'm absolutely psyched - how am I supposed to be able to sleep? Anyway, onwards to the comments -

Cararan: Thanks :D

Ac0rN: Thank you :] Glad my ‘crazy idea’ appealed to you :D

Insanelight: Thanks :] ‘Disturbing’ was part of what I was aiming for.

Agreenster: Aw, thank you :)

BeCOOL_MiN: Thanks! My dark fairytale project is simply my plans to do a book filled with dark paintings and the stories that go along with them. A5 format, preferably, and with the art working the same way as it did in older fairytale books (like different versions of Grimm brothers’ stories and such). Adult stories, though, with lots of gore, miserable endings, and vengeful gods :D

Anticz: Dude! I remember you :D Good old Sijun days :D Thank you very much – I’m glad you think I’ve improved since then. I’m totally ashamed of most of the stuff I did a couple of years ago – and I kind of wish I had never posted any of it online :D

Cris: Yeup, that she did :D

Da Krunch: heeeheeeh (that’s my version of an evil cackle). Thanks!

CgMonkey: Aw, thanks! *bows down and worships*

Goro: Thanks :] I personally think I messed the lighting up a little, but hey, I’m glad as long as no one notices ;D

Starqueen: Heheh, I promise I will, then. Thanks for the encouragement :D

SILMAETH: Yay! Glad you like it that much :D

Bluavenger: Hahahah, “I like the blood, dark and tits” ! Brilliant comment ;D Thanks!

Pogonip: Thanks :] The painting makes more sense in the context it’s supposed to be used (it’s part of a fairytale, just that I didn’t include the story with the picture this time around)

Goatfuzz: Thank you :]

Hesido: Hey, I’m a puny little ordinary person myself :D Maybe we can start a club?

Frank Dodd: Thanks :) It’s very long since I last did a darker themed painting: I’m very glad it’s been so well received. Maybe I’ll do more.

Jan Sandahl: You’re absolutely right about the chest/shoulder area there :] I’m not sure if I can pull myself together and do something about it right now (suffering from what I call ‘post-creative stress’ as well as TOO much work right now, hahah), but if I get the time, I’ll definitely look into it :D Thank you!

Protoplasma: Thanks :] I wasn’t sure if I could pull the pulled-off skin correctly, but I tried my best :) It’s one of those ‘once in a lifetime’ thingies, but I learned from it :) Maybe if I ever do a similar painting, I’ll pull it off better :D

Turbonium: Thank you :]

blue magic: Thanks :D

3db2: Eee! You’re making me blush! ! Thanks :D

luyanming: Thanks for the thumbs up :D

skyboy: Heeeeh, well, you’ll learn the story if you buy my book when it’s published ;D Thank you :D

Angel O'Death: Dude! You’re absolutely right! How come I didn’t notice that before? Thank you for crit and comment alike :]

Rayz: Heheh, ‘Ringu’ (not ‘The Ring’, I don’t like the Hollywood version) is one of my absolute favourite horror movies – I wouldn’t be surprised if it had inspired me :] Thank you!

Max4d: Thank you :] Heheh, and I’m glad you’ve appreciated my images before – gfxartist is one of my favourite online galleries. Such a great, mature attitude there compared to some of the places I go to (though cgtalk is quickly becoming another favourite: I get honest crits and comments here – none of my stalkers harass me here, and people seem generally mature).

CoreyArtE: Thank you :] And yes, I do – like I mentioned in my first post :) Whenever I am going to paint a pose I’m not entirely sure of, I’ll snap a dozen quick pictures of my best friend in said pose and use them as reference :) Paintings really look nothing like her though.

tobie.cote: Oi, you gave me pause there – that’s a beautiful compliment. Thank you.

Zhalimuto: Aw, thank you <3 !!

gtidhar
01-11-2004, 08:02 AM
Enayla, you've mentioned the fact that there are those who claim your work is emotionless.

I am almost 100% percent sure that the people who say that are pretty emotionless. At least much less emotionate then you and the ones who replayed to your work here. I could understand that people don't like someone elses work, simply because it is not their taste. But I truely can't understand someone calling your work emotionless unless they are such.

The first thing that poped up in my head when I saw your peace was - EMOTIONS!!! It is full of it.
I can't realy understan why, but I had a feeling the lips of this woman was based on yours. I read you saying the women is based on a friend of yours, but looking at the lips I got a sort of a feeling (or perhaps a wish full thinking, considering the fact that this shape of lips is the perfect one in my opinion?) that the lips are yours. I kinda believe that the story you are convaying in your peace most say that in some way. But this is only a part of the whole story of your painting.

A beautiful, sexy woman, sitting at a dark place, holding her torn up face in her hand with a mask replacing her own truth, with lips which seem to crave for a touch, is not emotionate???
If that is what some people think, then this means that either I or them have no clue what emotions are.

khaleghi
01-11-2004, 08:19 AM
wow very nice character :surprised

dimitrios_c
01-13-2004, 03:30 AM
I've checked out your site before and this artwork retains the same high standard as the rest of your portfolio, you're a machine! :scream:

How do you come up with the color palletes for your work? Very emotive.... Your book sounds interesting!

Enayla
01-13-2004, 06:01 AM
Oh, topic was bumped :] I'll take this opportunity to respond to the comments I've received since last...

Gtidhar: Thank you very much :] I think it’s one of the things that makes painting interesting, you know – painting something and putting a lot of feeling and heart into it… and then realising that a lot of people will find it emotionless and stiff, while others might find what you wanted them to see – or so much more! Or something else entirely. It’s fascinating :]

I think part of the reason to why the face looks a bit like my own (I’ve been told as much by several friends) might be because I was ‘feeling’ a lot when I painted this… and probably invested a lot of myself into it, in the process. Again, thank you.

Fredy: Thank you :)

dimitrios_c: Hahah, a machine? Yeah, maybe: I hardly have the time to paint these days, though – so much work (comic book colouring) that my own painting has fallen aside.

The colour palettes are really mad inspirations. I pick colours for mood, and I work each and every one of them very carefully into the picture. The colours here were partly inspired from what a real swamp might look like, with undertones of colours that have to do with mood entirely. Part realism and part, well, just my inspiration going wild :] Thank you very kindly for your compliments!

sandy306
01-14-2004, 09:41 AM
good work ! ;)

oxhido
01-19-2004, 03:05 PM
incredible work, furiae!!!

you tell a lot of things with your pictures...

congratulations, you´r work are superb

ivan.oxhido

el paso
01-19-2004, 05:30 PM
hey enayla, I just want to say that your works are amazing, I just finished checking out the rest of your website and I was truly blown away.

I'm stoked about your attitude, you seem very humble, which is always a plus.

your works are something I'm definately going to strive to be as good at, cuz they're so hawt right now.

be-rad

Prit.P
01-21-2004, 09:49 AM
I think this piece is very surreal and interesting.Its like a piece of theatre on its own. I would like to see more of the background however the main focus is on the face. I have one question. How did you do it. I am very interested in mixing surreal with real. You've got to give away your secret. :applause: :applause:

kausss
01-22-2004, 10:52 AM
:thumbsup: wOw!! really good m8!!

Demie-Lune
01-22-2004, 06:35 PM
Simply fantastic ! :thumbsup:

I really enjoy your work, including your comix! :) See you around on EK! ;)

(added) I was wondering... In general, how much time you spend on a CGPainting ? and what dimention and dpi you choose ?

dreamz
01-22-2004, 08:21 PM
u are and u always be among my strongest inpirations, a Muse of so many faces and talent, your images and words fascinate endlessly, the light is everything - the colors, the seeable world, death and rebirth, and that's something big in your art, catching the light!!!! u sure deserve Front Page!!!!!!:bowdown: :thumbsup:
oh btw, i'm waiting 2 see your work in EXPOSE2, oh pretty please!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Doublecrash
01-28-2004, 11:17 AM
I find this image simply fantastic. Both for the realization and for the extreme feeling of uneasiness and fascination the subject expresses.:applause:

francoistarlier
01-28-2004, 08:33 PM
:bounce: I love the idea. Great job !!!

Sugarbear_SID
02-06-2004, 05:29 PM
I hope it's not too late but, everyone in the begining was commenting on how good the feet are, all I can see is from the top of her breast up, is there more somewhere that I'm missing or something?

RoseRedDragoon
02-09-2004, 01:22 AM
ooh...scary in a cool way. I love it! The atmosphere is really god in this, great detail.

A few nitpicks with that face though.....I agree it should be more gravity falling. Also, it seems there is too much skin below the cheek area compared to the skin that is (or isn't) on the head still. In other words, the puzzle piece doesn't seem to fit.

But other than that....awesome. I envy you:bowdown:

DoLeeP
02-12-2004, 10:45 PM
yeah ur good ur work is very BEAUTIFULL:thumbsup:

Archeophant
03-10-2004, 10:40 PM
great concept and excelent piece. It makes me think of some sort of roman mythology.

chainjane
03-20-2004, 10:18 AM
I like her temperament£¡£¡£¡
I love this work£¡
:)

Rize
08-20-2004, 02:26 AM
As usual im stuned by what you can do with that wacom tablet.

So im gonna bring over my No1 copy of your mag, and have you sign it for me and then ill sell it here on CGT for a million $$$ :P
Ok serious now, i love your work.. i wish i could paint like that.
I can see you paint something so beautiful in a few minutes, that even if i sit there for days isnt close to what you created.
Thats when i start to feel like a monkey drawing figures in the dirt with a stick.
Anyways im back from Hong Kong now for a few weeks so i hope i get to see you around at uni or something.

Take care, and cya.

/Johan

techart
08-20-2004, 03:12 PM
amazing work man.......awesome details...the colors are so good choosen....the motives are very smart

love it..

cheers

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my work:
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/4/3667/3667_1087296147_large.jpg
http://www.cgnetworks.com/gallerycrits/64781/64781_1091616205.jpg
http://www.cgtalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=56228
http://www.cgtalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=56230

kaffo
08-20-2004, 08:51 PM
whoa, great concept!! just lovely :thumbsup:

kotter
08-27-2004, 07:52 AM
Yeah it's a great painting, however I can only see the closeup in this thread (posted twice?)
I've seen the full painting at your website (along with all your other amazing work) but it's pretty low res :)

could you mabe post the full painting at a higher resolution (then on you website ;)?

sam4grafix
11-25-2004, 11:58 AM
:buttrock: OH!! Grat work, Concept, Painting... and little sceary too!!

Kessen84
12-20-2004, 10:00 PM
The only thing for me is that the hand on her chest seems more realistic than the one holding the face. I like the painting a lot it's very huanting and beautiful at the same time.

shanhai46
03-31-2005, 12:56 PM
Nice! I like the style!

CGTalk Moderation
03-31-2005, 12:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.