PDA

View Full Version : environment : Steinheim medievil town

Svenart
01-07-2004, 10:17 PM
Made with Lightwave. Steinheim is a part of the fantasy-world, Im working on. Any critic welcome.

http://svenart.3dk.org/topimages/Steinheim5.jpg

Oktavian
01-08-2004, 11:03 AM
Hey, a very good work. This kind of renderings are my favorites.
The castle is not so fare away that it needs to be so much blue and blur IMHO.

geverino
01-08-2004, 11:51 AM
well done man!

leprinoxyz
01-08-2004, 11:53 AM
well done man!:applause:

MuzzzY
01-08-2004, 12:32 PM
good work man!:buttrock:

qur
01-08-2004, 01:51 PM
nice work here........
let us see a wire:applause: :bounce: :thumbsup:

JohnR
01-08-2004, 07:06 PM
WOW:thumbsup: Really an impressive work!
I love the details, all the image has been carefully detailed! I have been trying to do a render like that since I started 3D, maybe you should try to change te sky, its too blur and it looks a bit flat

CONGRATS!!!

TheHellmaster
01-08-2004, 07:18 PM
Really cool! I wanna walk around there!!! :)

TheHellmaster

PS: Steinheim is ne Stadt ca. 30km von mir entfernt! ;)

otacon
01-08-2004, 10:21 PM
Very awesome! Cool castle.:thumbsup:

XxBrianxX
01-08-2004, 11:12 PM
awesome detail.. could you give us a little insight as to how you accomplished your roofing shingles. awesome job.

Svenart
01-08-2004, 11:26 PM
Thanks for all the comments. I was creating the roof from a disk (stretch all upper points to a line, multiply it, add dirt and different colors...). Steinheim really exists? Peinlich, aber versuch mal, einen Namen dieser art zu finden den es noch nicht gibt. Thanks again.

leigh
01-08-2004, 11:31 PM
That's some really nice modelling you've done, but I feel that your environmental lighting is letting you down a lot. It's making the image look very washed out and lacking in atmosphere.

I would recommend making the lighting more like bright sunlight with more sharply defined shadows. I also think some of your foreground details need a little work - the roof tiling, in particular, is too perfect and way too clean ;)

Your render also looks like it needs more anti-aliasing (or perhaps the imperfections come from the jpeg compression), because some of the textures (especially the wood textures) don't look right.

I think you have the makings of a good image here, and with a little more work, it would be a great image :)

Modron
01-09-2004, 06:11 AM
Wow I really like it,...one crit,...It looks like you have only 3 positions for your birds, and, there shoud be slight variations in the trajectory,...also some subtle motion blur on a couple of them might be good as well. I realize that the birds are not the main focus of the picture, but since they sort of inhabit their own little quarter of the piece, and are pretty high contrast, you should be really conscious of how they appear.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.