PDA

View Full Version : Character/Enviroment: "an analog piece"

frogchild
01-07-2004, 06:42 PM
http://www.frogchildren.com/Art/Art3d/Analog.jpg

I was thinking about maybe entering this for Expose II, but I don't know. It may still need a lot of work but my eyes are so close to it that I can't tell any more.

Feedback welcome but I may not have time to implement the changes before the deadline.

Thanks everyone.

Shaykai
01-07-2004, 06:48 PM
Wow great piece, you really did an excellent job on the clothing and the girl! Ok, here are the things i think need to be fixed.

- I think you should fix the deformations in the armpits.
- The head seems a little big... but that might just be because the waist is a little too small.
- i think if you had more dramatic lighting it would help.
- maybe add a secondary creature, like a cute little robot or something
- her skin on her upper body seems a little too dirty, or maybe the leg skin is too clean?
- maybe have the girl smile? :)
- maybe show some more renders with different views

Well those are my suggestions, good luck with expose!

Shaykai

=kz=
01-07-2004, 08:20 PM
Nice work, the image has a great feel to it.
One other thing i'd point out that could use some attention would be the weighting of the arm pit/shoulder area. It looks very unnatural and sort of tubular to me. The distance from the arm pit crease to the top of the shoulder seems very shallow.
Can't wait to see your final version.
:beer:

frogchild
01-08-2004, 03:16 AM
Thanks Shaykai, =kz=.. I'll do what can with your helpful help. Thanks much, I guess the armpit area needs work then.

leigh
01-11-2004, 08:42 PM
I think this image has a lot of potential, all it needs are a few minor tweaks that would make it really awesome.

The idea is cool, so that's a great start. The modelling is fine too. It's the shading and lighting that let it down, in my opinion.

Her skin looks very metallic, and her face looks completely lifeless. Her costume and pose are great, it's just that her face gives her no personality. The eyes are ok, but could be more exciting somehow, maybe with the addition of subtle reflections that give them more life.

The lighting for a piece like this needs a little more planning. All those little characters at the bottom that are staring at her are not immediately noticeable because they blend in with the environment a little too much. You need to figure out a way of lighting the scene that makes her look dramatic as well as bring the little guys into focus.

Sorry I took a while to reply to your thread. I did read your email the other day but got sidetracked with other matters this week.

So nice work, but to be a truly great piece (and for Expose!) I think you will need to make some of these small changes :)

nobrain
01-12-2004, 12:25 AM
as was said awesome work!

here is what you need to fix, like leigh said the lighting couldve used some better planning.
personally i think the canopy shadow is brilliant and contrasting that against the rest of the image will make a difference, your pic is mysteriously light at the bottom.

hope you make it into expose!
cheers:beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.