PDA

View Full Version : Still : Glas and Kiwi

Tora_2097
01-07-2004, 02:41 PM
Hi, this is an image I recently created with 3ds max and Brazil. It was meant to try out some of Brazil's andvanced features such as glossy reflections. I intended to include dispersion as well but rendertimes climbed dramatically so I skipped it out.
Any comments are welcome.http://www.ag-systems.net/images/glassshader.jpg

Screamat
01-07-2004, 05:41 PM
Sehr schön! :D

playmesumch00ns
01-07-2004, 06:53 PM
Its quite nice, but the lighting in the scene doesn't seem to hold together. You've got big glowing highlights on the glass, but the kiwi is very dark. Also the kiwi should be translucent

DirtySkillet
01-07-2004, 07:01 PM
Like so many 3d chopped fruits, the sliced part looks very flat. It's very obvious its a texture. Theres not really a way to fix this, thats the problem. Photoshop might be the way to go, add some shiny highlights and depth to the slice.

heavyness
01-07-2004, 07:13 PM
playmesumch00ns is right. huge bright things, small dark thing. i think if you make it more of a "piece" it would look better. like bring the camera down to the spoon, so thats in the foreground, add some OJ to the drinking glass, and move the drinking glass behind the kiwi.

this way, it would look like a breakfast scene, and not someone eating a kiwi at a glass store.

other then that, nice rendering. i messed with Brazil [back in the Ghost days] and know how much involvement it takes to get glass looking right, which you did a good job.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.