PDA

View Full Version : Strange eraser?

TheWriter
01-07-2004, 05:51 AM
Thought i'd use a 1 pixel eraser. Problem is it kept affecting pixels that were outside the pixels I was working on? I tried to change to a hard brush, same effect, so I gave up...

I changed to to mode Pencil. Which seems to work better. But something a bit strange, If I try to remove pixels in the extreme right row, or extreme bottom row, I get a lot of pixels randomly that refuse to get erased. Still trying to figure this out. I only got one layer, so nothing should be going on behind the lines?

eevilmouse
01-07-2004, 04:51 PM
Check the Properties of your eraser, and Make sure you dont have wet edges Checked.

Im not sure but also I dont think Photo shop dosnt have an Absolute eraser anymore, without seriosly tweaking the options of the eraser.

TheWriter
01-07-2004, 08:02 PM
Ok I am a tad tired maybe i'm still missing the obviouse.

Here is the simple file if anyone wants to spot where I am going wrong, thanks.

www.highpoly3d.com/writer/wtf_draft.psd

*RIBBLER
01-08-2004, 08:16 PM
Your eraser properties should like these (see attached image).

TheWriter
01-08-2004, 10:21 PM
I have those settings. Just can't figure it out. Driver issue maybe? One interresting factor, if I try to select those pixels with a marique, I cant! But if I try to select those rows, with the row next to it, then I can...

Also if I DRAG my eraser until it crosses over into at least one other row, then suddenly both pixels in both rows disapear... but I just cant do those bottom/right rows by themselves?

eevilmouse
01-08-2004, 10:48 PM
Could be a Refresh issue.. IE Could be eraseing those Pixles, but still showing them. If I am streaching my memory I get that sometimes, and I minimize, and then Maximize the file, and it works.

Arctos
01-10-2004, 07:14 PM
Photoshop is great and amazing, but i think you are asking it to do something, that it's not really meant to do.

Unless your 1-pix brush or eraser is *Exactly* in the middle of the pixel that you want to erase, it can erase part of the next-door pixel. In most cases this is a good thing.

I haven't experienced quite what you are describing, but turning off all the "View:Snap" options may help.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.