PDA

View Full Version : any rules against duplicate characters?

Jinosuke
01-07-2004, 02:57 AM
just curious if thats ok..cause several of the characters I was interested in working on seem to have been grabbed up...but dont want to cause any problems in case...

Renderman_XSI
01-07-2004, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by Jinosuke
just curious if thats ok..cause several of the characters I was interested in working on seem to have been grabbed up...but dont want to cause any problems in case...

you mean using the same character? like the frog from Chrono Trigger as an example? Theres nothing in the rules saying you cant pick the same character..lol..just dont take the other guys design.

best regard,

Renderman_XSI

bentllama
01-07-2004, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by Renderman_XSI
you mean using the same character? like the frog from Chrono Trigger as an example? Theres nothing in the rules saying you cant pick the same character..lol..just dont take the other guys design.

best regard,

Renderman_XSI

yeah nothing in the rules against it...but it would be a nice gesture to not step on another artist toes...there is a huge array of characters to choose from...

www.classicgaming.com

Neil
01-07-2004, 05:00 AM
There has got to be hundreds of thousands of games out there, to chose the same character seems unnecessary.
Kinda early bird gets the worm anyway.

Xaint
01-07-2004, 11:20 AM
The same character... It could be interesting too. A mini competition between the characters, who make it better? Why not? But I'd ask the guy kindly who already chose it, if he doesn't mind it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.