PDA

View Full Version : Quick way to change brush size

M_O
01-06-2004, 09:06 PM
Is there a shortcut or plugin that would allow you to quickly change brush sizes, without going up to the slider?

thanks,
mo

mokba
01-06-2004, 09:15 PM
The left bracket key will take the brush down in size, the right bracket key will increase size, similar to photoshop. mokba

M_O
01-06-2004, 09:19 PM
thanks mokba!

is there a way to change what keys to use? I'm thinking it would be easier if the brush changing keys were done to the bottom left of my keyboard. I see a customize keys option, but it only lists the F keys.

thanks,
mo

mokba
01-06-2004, 10:27 PM
The function keys are it for now. The ability to remap more keys is still on the wish list for painter. sorry, mokba

Lunatique
01-07-2004, 02:27 AM
In the future, please try to follow this: http://www.cgtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=112

setik
01-07-2004, 06:49 PM
There is a key-mouse combo to changes the size of the brush as well. Hold down ctrl-alt-shift and click drag the pen, a little circle will pop up that you can made bigger/smaller.

Setik

Jinbrown
01-07-2004, 08:09 PM
Hi,

One way to change brush size with keys in the lower left corner of the keyboard is to:

Hold down the Ctrl/Command+Shift+Alt/Option keys and drag outward to increase brush size or drag inward to decrease brush size.

OR...

Use the [ key to decrease brush size and use the ] key to increase brush size.

Using this second method, you can set the size increments in Edit > Preferences > General.

Hold down those keys to continuously change brush size until you let go.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.