PDA

View Full Version : Sebulba

BgDM
01-06-2004, 07:11 PM
Well, since I get no replies in the WIP forum here, I'll try my luck here and see what I get.

http://hotlink.reblended.com/bgdm/sebulba_render_0103.jpg

A 360 spin animation (DivX): http://mysite.reblended.com/bgdm/sebulba_360.avi

And here is the wireframe, no sub-d:

http://hotlink.reblended.com/bgdm/sebulba_flatwire_comp.jpg

C&C appreciated.

BgDM

Apollux
01-06-2004, 10:02 PM
:beer: Apollux Aproved :thumbsup:

I like the aquatic/intellectual quality of him/it. If something could be improved would be:

A.- The bulged area at the middle of the neck.. gives the impression that it is there for a purpose, but still doesn't have any. What about some fish-like breathing openings (I don't know the name on english, but in spanish we call those ¨branquias¨ or ¨agallas¨).

B.- Break the axial simetry. Your left side is a mirror copy of the right one (because of a mirrored half mesh, I guess), but now that it is almost done take some risk and break that simetry, specially with the hanging things in the sides of the face.

c.- The corner of the lips are yelling for protuding theeth. Comming from the the lower lip/jaw and going out just an inch or two.

BgDM
01-06-2004, 11:06 PM
Thanks Apollux!

I know about the symetry issue. I will play with the PET tool when I get all the modelling done. Which will be very shortly.

As for adding teeth and other stuff, this guy is actually from Star Wars Ep. 1. He drove the pod racer against Anakin, if you did not know. So he is exactly as he was in the film, so far. So no protruding teeth or gills, (that's what they are in English :D ).

Thanks again.

BgDM

Apollux
01-06-2004, 11:18 PM
I gotta tell you that you did a hell of a job them.

Inmediately wen I saw it I sensed the Stars Wars felling on it, true I didn't know he was actually from SW but the movie came to my mind in a split second.

He shares the same modeling style as Missa, also same as the long necked lady of the clone-making planet, and one of the male charactes of the planet Naboo.

dreamsgate
01-07-2004, 12:32 AM
Very nicely done. Are you going to animate him when finished modeling?

Modron
01-08-2004, 04:52 AM
geez those ears must have been a real (*h0nk!*)!

BgDM
01-08-2004, 05:15 PM
Apollux: Thanks for the nice comment. I appreciate it!

dreamsgate: I may try some RVK to get some lip, eye and skin movements, but that is about it, I think.

Modron: you have no idea. :scream: I made 3 sets before I got these ones and I am still not 100% satisfied with them. But I think I just need to tweak some verts still. I am sure not gonna remodel them again. :D

I am assigning vertex groups currently so the UV layout will be better and hoepfully I can start painting some textures soon for you all to see.

Thanks again for the nice comments all.

BgDM

BgDM
01-09-2004, 05:31 PM
Well, thanks to TorQ over at elysiun, the UV's are laid out and I am onto the texturing phase.

Keep your eyes open for more updates!

BgDM

BgDM
01-16-2004, 07:17 PM
Finished!

http://hotlink.reblended.com/bgdm/sebulba_final_cgtalk.jpg

Posted in Finished/Gallery forum as well. Go reply over there too! :beer:

BgDM

Zenitor
01-17-2004, 10:58 AM
excellent, the eyes are much better
I downloaded the TorQ uv.blend....
and now everything has become clear, now to apply the lessons :) thanks.
:beer:

JamesMK
01-25-2004, 11:54 AM
Oh, that looks really great, BgDM - great model and textures, dude!

Some minor crits:
I would like to see some more modeled wrinkles around the upper and lower eyelid, and a tearduct as well would add to the believability. (hmm, this would mess up your UV's of course...)
Some strands of hair would be great as well - coming out of the nostrils, whiskers... some in the ears... you know! Come to think of it, he would look extremely cool with a 3 millimeter beard, but that would be a bit harder technically (maybe hit him with that python script.... uh... forgotten the name. The really great one to use for grass and hair etcetera, supports vertexmaps for density and so on... You know which one I mean?)

EDIT - umm... Just one question: how/where the h*ll does his jawbone connect to the cranium? :D ... er... forget it!

BgDM
01-25-2004, 06:29 PM
JamesMK, thanks for the comment! I thought about more wrinkles, but as you know, Blenders UV tools are not the best and any more verts on this guy would have caused havoc in ther UV editor.

As for hair, he never had any in the movies, but I see what you mean about the nose area. I'll see what I can do on my next model.

Thanks again man!

BgDM

JamesMK
01-25-2004, 06:36 PM
You're welcome...

You know, I actually just this minute remembered who Sebulba was :D My mistake! No hair of course... :rolleyes: What can I say, I'm not a very Star Warsy guy I guess...

It's a great model, for sure :thumbsup:

Elsdon
02-24-2004, 12:56 PM
Beautiful! Great modeling and texturing. Very well done indeed.

actionfigure
03-01-2004, 07:41 PM
WOW THATS INCREDIBLE. I didnt realize how powerful Blender could be. I think you should make a tutorial on this guy so we can learn some new techniques. By the way..did you render that in Blender too.

Too Job I must say...:thumbsup:

BgDM
03-01-2004, 08:04 PM
Wow! I can't beleive you guys dragged this thrad back from the dead. :p

Elsdon: Thanks man.

actionfigure: No tute on this guy. I actually used a 3DS Max tute as a reference. Didn't really follow it completely, but used some components of it.

Definitely a straight Blender render. Some post tweaks in Photoshop to fix some buggy UV's after render and some colour corrections, but that is about it.

BgDM

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.