PDA

View Full Version : Changing Rotation Orders...

Herbal_Ice
01-06-2004, 07:45 AM
hey guys i have my character rigged up .. not binded yet.. and i'm looking to change some rotation orders. now if i just select the Hand controller for example and change the rotation order is that bad? .. or should i disconnect the Hand controller first from the rig and then change the rotation order? or can i just make a new hand controller change the rotation order to what i want. and then parent the OLD hand controller under the new one? would that work or am i just asking for a shyt load of problems ..

thx .. for any responses:thumbsup:

Matt Leishman
01-06-2004, 04:41 PM
i've never had a problem with changing the rotation orders on control objects after I've built them into the rig. Go for it!

Herbal_Ice
01-07-2004, 04:03 PM
just wanna say thx for the response sith ..

jadamburke
01-09-2004, 06:24 AM
you only have to worry about changing rotation order after you have started animating.

macaroniKazoo
01-09-2004, 06:37 AM
actually, i just finished writing a script that will change the rotation order for objects that have been animated. its pretty cool. have a look at it if you want:

zooChangeRoo (http://www.macaronikazoo.com/mel/download/zooChangeRoo.mel)

to use it, just type:
zooChangeRoo zxy;

it will change the rotation order of all selected objects, without stuffing them up. it ONLY works on animated objects at the moment tho.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.