PDA

View Full Version : Clip Speed in Combustion

Cameo
01-06-2004, 03:57 AM
Hi, I'm sure this is a really simple question but i've not used Combustion much at all.

I have a movie file imported into Combustion. It's about 200 frames long. What I'd like to do is slow this clip down to about a third its current speed.

Can anyone tell me how to go about this?

Thanks

GrantKay
01-06-2004, 09:31 AM
Hi,

After importing your footage into combustion expand the newly created layer in the workspace panel.

Inside the layer you will see a footage operator. Click on this and you will see a tab for the footage controls.

In the footage controls there are two menus. Select the "Output" menu and on the right of the UI you will find the speed controls for the footage.

This tool allows you to change the speed of a clip on a constant, ie: have it running slower.

If you want the same clip to speed up and slow down over time then you would use a plug-in called twixtor or Retimer.

Regards
Grant

DISCREET EMEA

Cameo
01-06-2004, 06:55 PM
Thanks Grant that was exactly what I was looking for.

Are either of the plugins you mentioned free/shareware or are they commercial?

Many thanks

GrantKay
01-07-2004, 11:48 AM
Hi,

They are all commerical plug-ins but you can download the demos to try before you buy.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Grant

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.