PDA

View Full Version : Young Princess, Antropus (3D)

Antropus
01-06-2004, 03:30 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/22416/princess_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/22416/princess.jpg)

My first 3D/2D here.

I made a Zbrush girl time ago. So, I improve my model a bit more and I decided to paint over the model in photoshop, trying to make a beautiful woman, maybe a princess. The jewels were modeled and rendered in Maya. Because this paint over (lots), I don't know if this work fits better on 3D or 2D session :shrug:

So if you moderators wants to move this post for 2D session, no problem and thanks in advance.

My intention is to simulate something new with an old aspect. The general "taste" is classic. For that, she looks a bit "fat".
New tools for "classic" art using both 2D and 3D tecniques.

I made a custom brush with a very small bevel trying to simulate some craquelure, to reinforcing the paint idea.

Original size: 2862x3522 pixels

I hope you enjoy.
Please, your CC are really welcome. Thanks.

Zbrush model with few adjustments:
http://www.antropus.com/forum/princess001.jpg

Paint over:

I think it's finished, but depending of your feedback, I can make some adjustments. Thanks again.

Clockwork
01-06-2004, 03:41 AM
Great Work! The tip of her nose looks a tad too shiny, but other than that it looks like one of those old oil canvass paintings you see in museums!

Amilton Diesel
01-06-2004, 03:43 AM
Nice Job man! I really love it! You reach the objective, the image looks like a paint from the past. Maybe XVIII or XIX century. Amazing work.

Is good to see brazilians here:thumbsup:

Breuer
01-06-2004, 03:47 AM
wow!!! you never seize to amaze. you are a visual genius, a great inspiration...

vlad74
01-06-2004, 03:52 AM
Stunning. I think it should be moved on the front page man. It's clearly piece of art.5 stars.:applause:

Antropus
01-06-2004, 05:16 AM
Hey! Thanks for your kind words, buddies! :)

Clockwork,
I think you are right. Maybe shiny is a bit over really.

Suggestions to improve the image are always welcome. Thanks.

Antropus
01-06-2004, 05:21 AM
Some details:

http://www.antropus.com/forum/princess003.jpg

http://www.antropus.com/forum/princess004.jpg

http://www.antropus.com/forum/princess005.jpg

ShakingColor
01-06-2004, 06:27 AM
I cann't believe it !! Sooooo wonderful!

Clockwork
01-06-2004, 06:32 AM
The eyes are riveting, this should be on the front!

Protoplasma
01-06-2004, 08:59 AM
great job !
especially the mouth and eyes are made well. thats a stunning job you did. I agree that the nosetip is a bit too shiny. And those lighten curled hairs are a bit too regular. Anyway its great !:thumbsup:

Antropus
01-06-2004, 01:07 PM
ShakingColor and Clockwork,
many thanks!

Protoplasma,
yeah, I'll reduce a bit this shiny. I agree with you, but curled hair and accessory are a little stylized in this work.

Antropus
01-06-2004, 02:53 PM
I made the adjusments in her nose. Tell me if you think she's better now. Thanks.

Ac0rN
01-06-2004, 03:44 PM
Ive seen this on 3d4all forum , outstanding work man :applause:

Atwooki
01-06-2004, 03:53 PM
Totally superb, Antropus :)

You've really generated the'craquelure' feeling beautifully to get that ol' 'dried out oil effect' :D

Only crit (if remarkable at all), would be that the diffused lighting on the far side of her nose looks very slightly 'greyer' than I would expect.... perhaps elevating the saturation slightly would help; tho' I realise the difficulty here, in that you need to 'throw-back the rear edge of the nose plane, away from the front edge...
then again, maybe I've just been looking at too many 'SSS' images of late ;)

anyway, great job; you've provided yet another benchmark for us all :)

Atwooki

unwrap
01-06-2004, 06:34 PM
Wonderful work! As usual!

leigh
01-06-2004, 08:57 PM
What a fascinating idea! I really like the combination of 2D and 3D (I'll leave it in this forum though, instead of moving it to 2D).

Personally I am not wild about the filter you added to give it that painted canvas look, but the actual work you've done on this is really interesting and impressive.

Plugged on the front page :)

Cararan
01-06-2004, 09:06 PM
Whoa thats detail. Excellent Paint job.

McSpirit
01-06-2004, 09:07 PM
way cool model.. but i dont really like the way the light hits the inside of her right nosedrill :hmm:

beside that you get a boucer :bounce:

memento
01-06-2004, 09:20 PM
Very good!!!
But since im an newbee I guess its my right to be an ass, so since I was looking for something not that great in this picture :)
I think that it looks like she`s having some gray hair in her bangs and other spots in her hear, she just seem a little joung to have gray hair. :)

Allrighty then!

swag
01-06-2004, 09:24 PM
wunderfull - did u model in zbrush from scratch and the 2d paintings are zbrush too? hmm so many ppl do zbrush stuff 2004 will become the zbrush year :)

dpvtank
01-06-2004, 09:32 PM
do you mind explaining how you did this? like how exactly you started with doing this?

was it with zspheres or was it just a 3dsphere. if it was 3dsphere, what settings did you start with?

any chance of seeing the wireframe to see how the mesh is? [how many poly's]. Is the model animatable?

just those few questions. Other then that, I love the "painting". It seems like something outta the ren. era.

also interested in how you made this "custom" bevel tool.

Sorry for the newbie-ish sounding question relating to zbrush.

Modelling in Zbrush is one of my weakness. So I hope you can help me out here. heh.

Antonbomb22
01-06-2004, 09:37 PM
beautiful work and custom brush^.^ maybe i could borrow that custom brush;)

mushroomgod
01-06-2004, 09:42 PM
outstanding!

though I agree with Leigh about the canvas look:bowdown:

Remi
01-06-2004, 09:44 PM
I'm going to agree with Leigh on the texture you gave it...I'd rather see something like a brush stroke texture on it ....other than that...no crits....simply great:)

Cometsoft
01-06-2004, 09:55 PM
Antropus,

Wonderful job and an excellent idea! Very inspiring.

My only critique would be the eyelashes seem a bit too perfect, too consistent.

Antropus
01-06-2004, 10:01 PM
Wow Leigh! Thanks a lot for the plug. I'm in love with 2D/3D possibilities too :love:

Ac0rN, sergage and Cararan
many thanks buddies!

Atwooki, McSpirit and memento
thanks for your comments guys! I'll try to improve this details.

swag,
no, my friend. Zbrush for modeling (first pic) and lots of photoshop touchs. I agree with you, because ZBrush ROCKS!!!!!
Thank you.

dpvtank,
wow! hehehe. Yeah man, I'll post some images of the "making of" in few minutes (maybe an hour).

Antonbomb22,
I'll upload my entire library of brushes (including the ones made for my short movie wip). But before, I'll post my another paint, just like that. So you guys can download and have fun ;)

mushroomgod,
thanks. Because my intention is to send this (and the another I'm doing) for Exposť II, maybe I will remove the crackles... what you think guys? With or without crackles?

Many thanks to all! :applause:

l3d_davi
01-06-2004, 10:04 PM
wow !!!!!!!!!!
cara mais uma vez sem comentarios :D ť bom acordar e ver isso no meu desktop
god work : D :applause:

Antropus
01-06-2004, 10:28 PM
Remi, Cometsoft and l3d_davi,
Many thanks for your comments and kind words!

Here some details inside ZBrush (1.55b version).
The image shows the ZSphere structure and the low poly generated. The red model shows the loops structure generated by ZSpheres intersections (in orange, green and yellow)

Antropus
01-06-2004, 10:31 PM
Inside ZBrush:

Antropus
01-06-2004, 10:33 PM
Inside Zbrush with texture used as base:

Phrenzy84
01-06-2004, 11:29 PM
your sending this to pixologic right? you should im sure they would love to have you on there gallery to show other what this package can do. Amazing stuff, veeeery veeeery nice. :)

Jan Sandahl
01-07-2004, 02:11 AM
Really nice!

- Only thing I can think of is that the area right beneath her eyes are a bit flat. A bit more volume from the th eye globes would be even better.

- The craquelur doesn't really work in the closeups.

prophet
01-07-2004, 02:17 AM
wow thats amazing that someone can do that, i wish i was that good :0

dpvtank
01-07-2004, 02:49 AM
how dense is the mesh? Damn, I guess its not animatable :( It appears you re-did the eyes later on? I know Zbrush doesn't do that type of flow around the eyes..any insight?

I've been dying to figure out how to control good poly-count in zbrush so it can be used for animation purposes. Oh well, only the new version of zbrush will tell.

Caravaggio
01-07-2004, 03:03 AM
This is one of the best pieces that's been up for the last week. It's got a nice flow between the old and new styles.

Though frankly I think the most creative thing about it is the cracked paint look. That simple addition has basically nullified any criticism someone could have about the anatomy. Pretty much all those old paintings were naturalistic, so shape and shadow color now belong to your laws of physics.

:beer:

Shiao
01-07-2004, 06:35 AM
good:applause:

Anga
01-13-2004, 05:59 AM
Just a couple comments about it.
The hair seems really spotted and the white hairs that are put on top dont really seem to go well with it. It stands out too much. She looks way to young to have white hairs!

The ear needs to blend in more because I see the ear before I see anything else. It is almost a different color and seems to big to be on a person that seems so delicate.

Because of the way the light, I think she should have more light on her upper chest and neck. The shadow line seems a bit intense as well.

May I say that the eyebrows are perfect!! The shape of the eyes is awesome and the nose is very well done.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.