PDA

View Full Version : character: "Diva's last days"

Breuer
01-05-2004, 09:02 PM
Here's a render of a character I'm working on for a childrens book. She's a washed up opera singer, a true diva. She's of course alcholized and miserable as all washed up divas... :)

http://tordenskrall.intermedia.uib.no/erik/host/3mod.jpg

breuer

Tawa
01-05-2004, 09:20 PM
is the children's book a joke? or is it really for a childrens book.. because if it is, im thinking that character is a little too frightening for children!

vlad74
01-06-2004, 12:14 AM
Cool. But I agree with the above comment. I like the character very much. It's very well modeled and textured but is a bit scary for children book. The result of seeing it can be a nightmare. :scream: Anyway it's amazing.:applause:

Jb5k1
01-06-2004, 12:21 AM
I don't think the model would look all that freightening, but the backround of her, a washed up diva, and a miserable alchy, thats kinda depressing for a child book. What is the story of the backround, and is this the main character.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Otherwise: :thumbsup:

ninox
01-06-2004, 02:06 AM
Your diva is very well modeled but I am not convinced by the position of her ears:rolleyes:

Breuer
01-07-2004, 02:05 AM
thanks for the replies!
Well... is she too scary for a children's book? I don't think so, obviously, but I can agree with you on that her background story might be a tad unsuitable for such a book. I am not going to include the bits about alcholism and depression in the book, not directly anyway, but if you're a bright kid you might suss her out hehe...

gardocki
01-23-2004, 05:15 PM
I imagine the culture in Scotland is a bit different. For us Americans, the picture is definitely too scary for a children's book.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.