PDA

View Full Version : Girl Character

barclan
01-05-2004, 09:35 AM
Hi,
Please, show respecto to this image.
My main efforts have been focused on getting a pretty face, what you think?

http://luismac0.tripod.com/cgi-bin/girlhttp://luismac0.tripod.com/cgi-bin/girl

NicoDN
01-05-2004, 10:55 AM
Your link isn't available :rolleyes:

simonjaap
01-05-2004, 12:10 PM
Heres the good link;
http://luismac0.tripod.com/cgi-bin/girl

Lookin ok so far, u need to work on the skin a bit more and the sholders seem a bit off. It isnt lookin photorealistic but its lookin just fine :)

J.K.Makowka
01-05-2004, 05:52 PM
Really good start, but the nose needs work. The bottom is too flat and the rest needs to be rounder.

barclan
01-05-2004, 10:51 PM
Thanks for your feedback.
Answers:
-to Simon, thanks for right link; I agree with you in that of the skin, I didnt want to make it photorealistic. I dont know what you mean by off about shoulder, off from where?
-to Makowka: perhaps you are right about the nose, but be aware there is a lot of kinds of nouses, and there is as well noses with flat bottom. Thanks anyway.

Itīs great to see that people in this forum can look at this image from an artistic side, because of the semi-nudity. I was I little afraid about that.

droper
01-10-2004, 04:11 PM
I think she is really pretty, and thatīs not an easy thing to get in 3D; I have seen a lot of girls, but most of them are not pretty, and yours is. Congratulations. There are a lot of girls out there much worse than yours, even from proffessionals and from poser. I presume you are not, are you?
What software did you use?
Have you got the whole body? Iīd like to have a look.
Anyway the standar in girls is very high. Look at this link
http://www.cgnetworks.com/gallery/index.php?category=1

Synon
01-10-2004, 05:02 PM
I like it =) The nose looks a little.. blunt.. though, kinda flat

XxBrianxX
01-10-2004, 05:05 PM
is it ok to be attracted to a 3d render....:surprised

simonjaap
01-10-2004, 05:31 PM
actually i have no clue wots wrong with the sholders :P, just seemed weird at first but as i looked a while its lookin ok as it is :) take care!

lord_daeloth
01-11-2004, 06:50 AM
Not sure if its just the light or what, but the right breast (her right, our left) seems slightly "deflated" compared to the other one. I presume that you used the "model-one-half-and-mirror" method, so it has to just be the way the light falls. Other than that, its a pretty good model, considering its not posed. The eyes would be perfect if she had some sort of an expression. Cheers and keeps up the good work.

barclan
01-12-2004, 04:45 PM
Thanks everyone for replies.

Droper, thanks for your compliments and for sending the link. I had not seen it before. Iīm
always in a hurry when conected. Misuīs head is just superb, and Stahlbergīs ones too. Too much talented people in Characters Gallery. Good to keep the high level, bad to tell you how much your work needs improvement. I use 3ds max, and wish I would be professional.
Yes, I have the whole body modeled, and here it is for you to see. It has bones and the mesh moves very well with the help of morphings. The mesh is one piece. As you see I have to work texture, but the mesh is right. I think that 3d characters in general need improvements in how members-joints move. You just have to look at how members-joints work (or worked some time ago) in Poser to see that. I like to have control on vertex, so dont like envelopes and things like that.

Simon, I have just visited your site, and think it very good, considering you are 16 and use a free application; you have a lot of time to became a great 3d artist!

Sinon, you are the second one who tells me that of the nose. I will think it twice. Thanks.

XxBrianxx, I supose thatīs a compliment.. Thanks.

And, Lord Daeloth: the breast its mirrored as a first step, but then modified; so, itīs the mesh. You are right about expression. Its not a very elaborated image; just to show the character. Thanks for answer.http://luismac0.tripod.com/cgi-bin/body

Tigerdog
01-21-2004, 01:21 PM
what method did u use for the hair?

barclan
02-08-2004, 12:18 PM
Hair is made by locks. I created a texture in Photoshop. Then applyed it on planar rectangular poligonal meshes. They are curved after aplying the map for the texture to be deformed with the mesh.

barclan
02-08-2004, 12:27 PM
Hi,
Iīd like to move this post to the WIP section, but donīt know how to do it. So I'm gonna start a new thread in that section and place a link to this one.

costas
02-12-2004, 03:10 PM
looks very sexy
nice model dude:thumbsup: :eek:

alh4k
02-12-2004, 07:56 PM
Realmente impresionante!!!!!, sigue asi.

Un saludo

barclan
02-26-2004, 10:50 AM
Hi,

Thanks Costas and Alh4k for last posts.

I have just placed a thread about this character in the WIP section. Here is the link:

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125585

bale
02-27-2004, 12:13 AM
the chest looks a little oddd but everything else looks really nice..how did you do the hair btw, i'm trying to find a tutorial on it

sati
02-27-2004, 03:46 PM
i think the face is getting there, something about the mouth doesnt seem right, i think if its going to be open abit then the corners of the mouth still need to be touching. are the ears done? thats the first thing that my eyes gravitated to as seeming off. looking good tho

barclan
03-02-2004, 07:07 PM
Thanks for two last post.

Killrave, hi, I told before the method I used for hair. Donīt know if my english is very clear. What have you tried to make it?

Sati, I think your crits seems very right. Iīll make changes.

I think Iīm going to close this thread in some days. She is not so much good to be in the finished section. If someone want to follow the evolution of my character can look at the wip section:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.ph...threadid=125585

thekryptonian
03-02-2004, 07:29 PM
The lower part of the face should be roughly spheroid, not topologically blended with the lower cheeks as you have them here. The corners of the mouth should be pulled back (toward the back of the head) a bit, to show the curvature of the skin over the lower jaw and teeth.

The collarbones are a bit too straight. They form an s-curve on two axial planes, and the clavicle and scapula form a sort of yoke around the top of the rib cage. You're missing that curvature, and that's why the shoulders look funny.

And the boobs are fine. Most real women don't match this way, and if yours did it would look odd or artificial.

agreenster
03-02-2004, 08:18 PM
Ears need work. Face is too oval. (north of cheekbones) Boobs look too high on the chest.

Nice start though.

guereja_1
03-02-2004, 09:35 PM
i didn't exactly know what you were saying about how you did the hair. can you explain one more time please and i would greatly appreciate it.....i tried reading it and reading it and i didn't know what you exactly did. you said you painted it in Pshop?? please? or if you have a tutorial on it, i'd greatly appreciate it.

on your model, i dunno if anyone's mentioned it before but maybe the neck is too long? it's just an opinion. but anywho, please respond as it would help me out a great deal on a model i'm working on.

thanks
:D

Madison
03-02-2004, 10:14 PM
Very nice model, give her a pose and post up again.
He he he

:drool:

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.