PDA

View Full Version : my first post(advice please)

damocoop
06-21-2002, 01:58 AM
Hi this is my first post here and I would love to get some feedback from you guys. I am currently in school and want to be a game modeler(mostl characters) so any input you guys have would be great, oh and don't be afraid to tell me what needs work that would be the biggest help. Thanks.

damocoop
06-21-2002, 01:59 AM
Oh by the way the model is 1654 triangles. Thanks again.

ohsama
06-21-2002, 02:30 AM
I'm not trying to be an ass, but if you want to be a character modeller then model some characters out and post them for a critique. That would help you excel as a character artist more than modelling cars would. Don't get me wrong. Anything you model will increase your skill and experience so keep at it. But if you really want to do characters, then you should focus on that.

Print out some pics of the human anatomy and tac them to your wall by the computer to constantly use as a reference when modelling. Trust me, it will make a huge difference.

The car looks good, but it's really hard to see certain things since the pic is so small. You can lose some polys on the windshield and maybe on the tire treads (but I can't really tell because it's too small). Otherwise, it seems to look pretty good. Good work.
Keep it up.

damocoop
06-21-2002, 11:40 AM
here is a bigger picture

Ivars
06-23-2002, 07:22 PM
no offense... but when you say 1654 triangles, you didnīt include the wheels right? I figure the wheels alone would be something like 650 faces....
Anyway, itīs a good looking car.

damocoop
06-24-2002, 12:27 AM
Thanks Ivars for the compliment, but the car is 1654 triangles with the tires included.

damocoop
06-24-2002, 12:30 AM
tires are 464 and the car body is 1190 triangles. Thanks again to those of you that have replied.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.