PDA

View Full Version : Game Art Comp 5: Beroc-LOD: Chrono Trigger-Chrono

Beroc-LOD
01-05-2004, 05:05 AM
Hi guys.... I decided to enter this one... hopefully come up with a good concept and stuff for an old school pixel character.

My subject:
Chrono, the initial character from Chrono Trigger. I used to love playing this game. And found alot of source in sprites. I will have to do a bit more research to get images from the game, though. Should prove to be fun.

Here is what I hope to be my final image someday:

http://lod3d.net/3dfiles/chrono/chrono.jpg

Also, check out this post on my site... a little fun with javascript.. ;)

LOD News Post (http://www.lod3d.net/cgi-bin/lodhome.cgi?i1=00000000001073277693)

Artician
01-05-2004, 05:24 AM
This is my favorite game of all time. I almost went for Chrono, but he's just so sacred I couldn't touch him. ;)

Really can't wait to see what you come up with.

Renderman_XSI
01-05-2004, 05:28 AM
hope you stick to Akira's style of design. I never did like that SquareSoft did with ChronoCross,since they had a new concept artist.

here is what Akira's design Crono to look like in the PS remake:

http://www.rpgdreamer.com/ffc/ct/crono.html

Im sure you can change him to something more suitable and stylize.

Xaint
01-05-2004, 05:14 PM
I think you shouldn't do him Akira Toriyama style, but rather in your own. It's in the rules, if I got it right. Good choice of character anyway, my bro suggested me to do Chrono, but I haven't played the game much (he did), plus Toriyama did a good design. I wish you the best for this character.

"Your goal is to take a pixel character and recreate it in 3d but without using existing design of the official 3d characters (i.e you can't just take the modelsheet from mario and model him, if you see Mario as a greasy plumber with a tomato-stained wife-beater then make him like that).
You can pick any character you want, it doesn't have to be a character that hasn't been done before or hasn't been turned in to 3d yet as long as you don't copy the design from the official 3d character.
You're allowed to exaggerate but the design should stay true to the character."

kyle_tdr
01-21-2004, 11:35 PM
Any news?

TDA_3d
02-03-2004, 05:40 PM
C'mon, get a move on :D

Beroc-LOD
02-05-2004, 12:36 AM
You ever start a competition.... and then two minutes later, get sucked right into a bunch of commissioned work????

I wish I could do this comp.... I should have done what I did before.... Blow it out inside of a weekend, call it done, and get on with my life...... I am affraid that I have a little difficulty completing long term comp projects when deadlines for paid work looms.

Sorry guys....

proudclod
02-06-2004, 02:18 AM
Hi! i started crono about a week ago, but my thread is long gone, ill revive it once i get a couple of renders... I wish good luck to you, even though i realize that i am a terrible modeler, it won't hurt for people to do the same model, so i could see my flaws, and learn from them while looking at yours :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.