PDA

View Full Version : Game Art Comp 5: Andy H : Streets of Rage 2 - Axel

AndyH
01-04-2004, 09:48 PM
Ive chosen Axel from Streets of Rage 2 (the best one) on the Megadrive.
Its my fave 2D game of all time, and i still love to play it now.
I hope itll be a fitting tribute to a fine franchise that has yet to make it into 3D.

Heres the geezer in action:
http://www.btinternet.com/~chunglist2/CGTALK/AXEL.gif

Renderman_XSI
01-05-2004, 02:26 AM
damn..this is also one of my favorite game!! that and Final Fight..as far as old school action games.

As he is, he is plain.,..any ideas on how you plan to remake him?

AndyH
01-05-2004, 09:18 AM
Um....
I havent really thought too much about it....
All i have in mind at the moment is to make him look dirtier - maybe some scuffmarks, stubble and bloodstains, and probably make him look a bit less "80's". Its gonna be tough because his 80's-ness is what makes him so distinctive - i mean, who ever tucks their shirt in and pulls their jeans up that much?!

If i do a straight conversion, will i be marked down? Im not expecting to win this comp, its just that i want some low-poly experience, and the project sounds really good!
The end goal for me is to pose him in those pics like above, and do a comparison.

Beaneh
01-05-2004, 11:13 AM
wow, real classic, I loved.... err.. love this game.. good luck on the modelling! hope you'll make something good out of this!

AndyH
01-05-2004, 01:38 PM
Ive spent a day on this so far.
I want to leave the original design fairly untouched.
I based the upper body on a high-poly model i started a few weeks ago (Here it is) (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111420&highlight=afro+dude)
I then reduced it and made the hands, legs and head.
Its still VERY early at the mo.
Not entirely sure on how to do his hands... should i model them as a fist, or a 'mitten'?
I cant imagine he will open his fist that often being as its busy punching people in the game, but most games these days have high detail hands.

http://www.btinternet.com/~chunglist2/CGTALK/axel01.jpg

rob-beddall
01-05-2004, 03:06 PM
Hey!!

just a suggestion but i think that his arms might be a little too short.

also he doesn't appear to have any armpits.
also his pelvic region looks a little too long.

hope that gives you a few pointers.

i would do the hands as mits and use the extra poly's else where.

i live just down the road from you in sunny dudley.

just thought i would throw that one in.

cheers!!

Xaint
01-05-2004, 03:49 PM
I suggest after you're done with the basic figure (make the hair too) adjust his proportions. If you'd like to stick with the original design, then you should try to scale dow his head, 'cause it makes him chibi-like and a smaller head would make him more muscular.

AndyH
01-05-2004, 08:13 PM
Ive had enough for the night - Heres an update.
Still looking a bit deformed. I want to get all the geometry roughed out, so i can play with proportions later.

Its a small world!
To be specific, its actually Coseley where I live. bout 3 miles outta dudlaaiy.

By the way - The fringe is a detatched one-sided poly sheet. Will it screw up in the 'engine'? or will i have to join it somehow?

enjoy!

http://www.btinternet.com/~chunglist2/CGTALK/axel02.jpg

AndyH
01-06-2004, 01:40 AM
one last update before i call it quits and ave me kip.

Just proportion tweaks left now.
Maybe add more detail on his trainers and jeans.

Im kinda wishing i picked a lavishly designed capcom character, rather than some bloke with 80s clothes.... Still, the texture is whats gonna make it (hopefully!)

Some good topics so far - quite a lot of RPG characters tho - think of all those lovely capcom and SNK games out there begging to be 3D!

http://www.btinternet.com/~chunglist2/CGTALK/axel03.jpg

dudeguy
01-06-2004, 10:13 AM
Thanks for reminding me about this game, definitely a fun one.

He's looking a bit plain at the moment, he needs some exaggeration in some areas to give him a bit more edge...

I would make him have a fairly large upper body, bigger chest, wider shoulders, lengthen the forearms...

then a fairly small waist

tapered pants, 80s style

lose the symmetry of the foot

Just some suggestions may want to try.

Good start!

AndyH
01-06-2004, 05:37 PM
Hi - Another update.

I think ive got the upper body pretty much nailed down. Just gotta make the head and legs a bit better.
Then ill start adding detail and extra bits being as im doin pretty good in terms of poly count.

http://www.btinternet.com/~chunglist2/CGTALK/axel04.jpg

AndyH
01-06-2004, 10:27 PM
Replies are getting scarcer....
yet I still post, like a crazy fool!

Should be ready for UVing soon, unless anyone thinks theres anything majorly wrong with it somewhere....

EDIT:------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ive just made some minor changes to the body and face.
Its ready for Uvs now.

Cmon folks! gimme some feedback! i havent had any for ages!
I need to know if its good enough to texture yet!

http://www.btinternet.com/~chunglist2/CGTALK/axel06.jpg

Ravennome
01-08-2004, 06:54 AM
Overall you're work looks good, though a bit bland. I think you could do alright by reworking the flare aspects of the character. Remember this would be for a game where the character is being reintroduced after a long stay in "way back" vault. So go a little nutz! For instance, try defining more muscle mass, flare out the sleaves on his shirt, put some holes in his jeans, lengthen his bandana, scraggle his hair , add some tatts. Just try to add a bit of (I hate to say it) .. "BAM!!" to the already great start you have.
Art directors for games love to see a bit of license taken with these kinds of rebirthing projects, just don't get so out of hand that its not the same character. Be sure to put that same pop in to the textures and the stances that you pose him in. And consider adding some props, a chain or a bat never hurts, as long as your not on the business end.

AndyH
01-08-2004, 09:27 AM
Thanks a lot!
Thats exactly the sort of comment i needed!
Ive been fretting that the character looks a bit 'dull' recently. I originally made it to be used as a comparison to the sprites, but as you said, it would need to be a bit more detailed if it were being re-made for today. I think ill make some of those changes - after all, i have around 1500 polys to spare before i go over budget. I just have to make sure i keep that 80's flavour! And as for the hair, thats gonna be a transparency map. GOD, its gonna be hard trying to fit the texture on 1 512 sheet..... I wish theyd give us a 1024 sized map to work with.....

cheers!

AndersEgleus
01-08-2004, 11:15 AM
Looking good so far, but with such a high poly budget one would expect more sculpting.

If I were you I would:

*MAYBE remove the modeled seam between the trousers and shirt
*MAYBE remove the modeled belt.
*DEFINITELY remove the modeled sweat band in the hair.

And then texture those parts. They must eat polys like a starving horse. The saved polys I would use to:

*Put more detail around the eyes, cheeks and throat (it's hard to see in the newer pics, but you might wanna rework the edgeflow around the cheeks too).

*Define at least the ridges of the ears, it might make a difference in those pre fight/ win close ups.

*Model the remaining 3 fingers.

*Make the hair less symmetrical, and maybe add a few more transparency mapped polys on top of the fringe.

*Better definitions on the clavices, neck muscles, upper arms (the biceps should start under the armpits, and the triceps could use a nice bump/pit halfway between the shoulders and elbows), The entire back, the "seam" where the lats (the fan-shaped muscles that go from under the armpits to the spine and small of the back) meet the ribs, the abs (sixpack), knees, shin bones, thighs and crotch area (all of these don't necessarily involve adding more polys, some of them just need better line flow). For a great reference on some of these areas, check out The Pan Site by Warwick Mellow (http://staff.ci.qut.edu.au/~barkerc/Final%20PAN%20website/panindex.htm).

I would rework the topology on the thighs - if you look at some anatomical references you will for instance notice that most of the thigh muscles that stem from the knee area wind their way up to the outside of the pelvis. And those pants should be tight :).

Proportion-wise, I would go for a more pronounced Y-shape on the body, i.e wider back, and possibly thinner pelvis. And I would definitely make the upper and lower arms more proportionate, mainly increasing the mass of the lower arms.

Don't make it an end in itself to stay as close to the budget as possible - somtimes fewer polygons make a nicer mesh, and it's sure easier to texture and rig.

Hope I didn't burden you too much ;D

{edit} Oh and the knot of the sweatband needs to be modeled of course (as seen in the picture when he throws the opponent) {/edit}

AndyH
01-08-2004, 11:34 AM
Wow! thanks a lot for all that!
You certainly know your stuff!
That should keep me busy for a few hours. I agree with the poly count thing, my last games character (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111782&perpage=15&pagenumber=2) was a lot more optimised. I guess i got overexcited at having that much polys to work with. Also, as you may guess from looking at my site, im normally used to high-poly work.
ill post another update once im happy with the recent changes that need to be done

AndersEgleus
01-08-2004, 12:15 PM
Wow! I hadn't seen that before (I'm allergic to, or at least a bit tired of Anime so I didn't bother looking).

If that's your usual standard, you can take this really far!

max0l
01-08-2004, 03:36 PM
Heya,

Your model is shapin up very nice!
It's getting better with each picture is see of it :)
Keep it up!

Goodluck

AdamAtomic
01-08-2004, 03:52 PM
SoR2 is one of my favorite games ever - I would love to see some Roadhouse-Patrick-Swayze type look to this character! I think it'd work great. Keep it up!

AndyH
01-09-2004, 02:37 AM
Hello!
Ive made a fair few tweaks based on the useful feedback ive recieved so far.
Some changes were too time consuming (leg topography) and tricky for me to do....
This is my 1st proper attempt at low poly musculature y'know!

Im hoping to begin the fun bit soon - UVing and texturing.
I just wanna make sure the geom is ok before i start.

Sorry about the big pic - its kinda needed so you can see the wires.

Fire away!

http://www.btinternet.com/~chunglist2/CGTALK/axel07.jpg

AndyH
01-11-2004, 05:09 PM
Ive been busy Painting the maps for Axel.
Theyre only about 30% completed - ive just been focusing on getting the lines and features in before i start shading and adding detail.
Im hoping to get this sucker finished sometime next week!

http://www.btinternet.com/~chunglist2/CGTALK/axel08.jpg

Ravennome
01-11-2004, 07:24 PM
Try some trans maps for the hair, that would be cool and see i you can work some extra damage on the pants, that would really sell it. Plus ( and this is just my opinion) give him some manhood. He needs it.

Delarosa
01-11-2004, 07:41 PM
the pants... ugh

the shoes are a little flat.. you might want to work on those a bit too...

other than that keep it up!

richdraws
01-11-2004, 07:41 PM
Its lookin mighty fine now, proportions are good.
I really like the blood on the shirt, nice touch. Could it be more grungy, like the blood aint fresh, a darker shade of claret?

I love the trainers and gauntlets too, they look ace.

I think his nose is a little cute and pixie-ish for a street fighter tho, maybe? Is the T shirt neck too wide?

Excellent work man,

Rich

"you gotta do what they say cant be done"

AndyH
01-11-2004, 08:01 PM
Please read the text before posting!

I said that its only 30% textured. Do you really think id submit it looking as shoddy as that?
I just thought id post an update rather than staying silent for ages.
Sorry if im goin a bit nuts, but i got the impression that you all thought it was finished and my naff textures were the best i can do!

Thanks for the replies anyway

Beaneh
01-11-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Andy H
Do you really think id submit it looking as shoddy as that?

I would ;)
Anyways, I know you'll make this thing look good, keep it up. Hope you'll finish it soon too. even those "shoddy" textures look better than something I could do.. I need to practice my texturing...

GARA
01-12-2004, 03:15 PM
heh, just seen this thread...
according to what ive seen youve progressed alot further then what you started with...

nice one, keep goin

Raine3D
01-12-2004, 11:35 PM
This was one of my favorite games too. Axel is a pretty plain character to choose, one of the plainest in the game. Itll be hard trying to update his style while keeping the 80's look still present. I think that kid with the roller blades (forgot his name) would be a better choice of character IMO.

AndyH
01-13-2004, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the encouragement beaneh! - How come you havent entered the comp? you seem to be a regular on this forum...

Raine3d - That character you mentioned was called "skate" - Good name, eh (!)
My Secondary choice was the much more intresting and exquisitely designed morrigan from darkstalkers, but I instinctively decided on axel cos hes my most played sprite (except sonic) from my most loved 2d game.
Im trying to keep the design fairly similar to the original, because my overall aim is to pose him like the sprites, and do a 'before and after' type thing. Also, changing his oh so 80's cool would be sacreligous!
I should have the finished textured version posted very soon...

Xaint
01-13-2004, 12:08 PM
I've discovered some faults in the model's muscle structure. I did a paintover, I hope you don't mind. Since you're in texturing, I would still recommend to make those changes. Please look into anatomy books for the arm's musculature, especiaaly around the elbow.

http://picserver.student.utwente.nl/view_image.php/352607M5FS/picserver.jpeg

Nice model tho, I like his face the most!

AndyH
01-13-2004, 12:17 PM
Thanks for that
Ive been having problems with the arm musculature for a while. Ill do what i can, but for major geometry changes and re-defining the flow, i think youre a bit too late as im almost done texturing it!
update coming soon...

AndyH
01-13-2004, 03:04 PM
Hello you!

Ive finished the texture painting on Axel. I might do a few tweaks and refining, but its pretty much done.
All I got left to do before i submit is get it rigged and posed.

By the way, does anyone know how you get embedded alphas to show up as transparent in the viewport (in Maya)?
The pic with the transparent fringe is a render, with a seporate transparency map :(

Hope y'all like it!

Scroll across to see whole pic -
http://www.btinternet.com/~chunglist2/CGTALK/axel10.jpg

richdraws
01-13-2004, 03:11 PM
Its lookin really good now Andy, seeing it with the hair rendered really makes a difference to the face.

One thing...I reckon you could use a little more hair going into hif face on his temples around his ears. Its a little bit too receded there.

I cant wait to see him posed and ready for action.

Rich

Keep your foot hard on the pedal. Son, never mind them brakes.

Beaneh
01-13-2004, 03:44 PM
hey, it's looking really good, hope you can fix the hair problem. The texture is great, but the limit for this contest is 3000 polys right? You might want to add some stuff to the original concept with the other 750 polys you have left, since you could do everything with the model you wanted. It's just a suggestion. and I have no idea what you should add either :). hope to see this character in a few cool poses soon! Oh, and the reason I didn't enter the contest was because I couldn't come up with a good entry and my textures just plain suck.

AdamAtomic
01-13-2004, 04:30 PM
it might be a little late in the game for any changes, but I think the facial geometry could use some tweaking. As he stands, his face looks more like a chubby Asian guy's face than a street-beaten x-boxer's face. Can you harden up the geometry and make him look a little leaner/meaner by any chance?

I guess I would've liked to have seen a little more aggressive texturing and re-imagination of the character. Axel could've become a cop again, could've become a vagabond/bum, could've tried to live peacefully but been interrupted by an exil real estate mogul (*cough*Roadhouse*cough*), anything! Instead he looks like a perfectly preserved Ken doll. It's obviously WAY late in the game for costume redesigns, but I bet you could push the textures and facial geometry a bit (simple changes, more or less) to help age him and flesh him out.

That said, he is pretty kickass! Good translation of the character - just not great yet!

Supervlieg
01-13-2004, 05:11 PM
This turned out really well. Some point might need tweaking before you start rigging it though.

>>You might wanna lower his waist a bit. He seemed to have pulled up his pants way to far, making him look a bit geeky.

>>His upper arms might be a bit shorter, or lower arms a bit longer. Which ever looks better.

>>Try breaking up the symmetry in his hair.

>>I agree the face can look a bit tougher.

>>Perhaps something on his shirt to make it more interesting (a pattern or an image of something)

Other then that great job.

CameronC
01-13-2004, 07:19 PM
i agree with some of the others crits. I think the face should look a bit rougher, and his lower arm too short. Also the pelvis looks kind of long, maybe that's how he looked in SoRII though.

I look forward to seeing him posed!

DreiGrasheir
01-13-2004, 08:26 PM
i think the problem with the face is the chin... i think pulling down the jaw and squaring it a bit more would do the trick. it looks way too small in the front view.

AndyH
01-14-2004, 02:36 AM
Hi
Another update...
Thanks everyone for enlightening me about the head - Ive made it a lot better now, and added teeth and morph targets.

The only problem Im facing now is getting the hardware alpha transparency to work - any ideas folks?

With any luck, the next update WILL be the final posed pics - stay tuned!

http://www.btinternet.com/~chunglist2/CGTALK/axel11.jpg

Beaneh
01-14-2004, 06:51 AM
Great changes to the head, it's looking awsome.. Can't wait to see the posed shots, heh.

DreiGrasheir
01-14-2004, 06:54 AM
looks a lot better now that you fixed the head... but i'd suggest scaling in the bottom so the head doesn't look so boxy. as for the finished entry, you still have about 3-4 weeks to go, dude. Remember.. .you're never finished ;)

Supervlieg
01-14-2004, 07:38 AM
the morphs definitaly bring him to life. He also looks a lot meaner because of them. Good going.

Xaint
01-14-2004, 11:58 AM
Cool Face! :) Yeah!

AndyH
01-14-2004, 09:32 PM
Hello! me again!

Axel is all rigged up and ready to go!
I couldnt resist throwing together a few quick poses to test out the weights....
Next time i should hopefully be posting the final submission pics.

Im not expecting to win at all because of the plain character choice and the lack of artistic liscence, but all I wanted to do was get some experience and feed my showreel while paying my respects to one of my most loved games!

Time to take a much needed rest.....

> > > > REMEMBER - these poses were made very quickly for a rig test! < < < <

http://www.btinternet.com/~chunglist2/CGTALK/axel12.jpg

dudeguy
01-14-2004, 09:49 PM
Each update keeps getting better and better, great job on the texture, I like it.

If your poly budget for the contest isn't filled, maybe give him a prop/weapon from the game, like that big lead pipe. ;)

AndyH
01-14-2004, 09:53 PM
Yeah, i was definately thinking of that - or the knife maybe.
Ive got about 700 polys to spare. Im trying to find out off CGmonkey if we're allowed to submit several poses, or just the one.

Beaneh
01-14-2004, 09:58 PM
Turned out awsome, I love the poses too, except for the jump, it looks kinda werid, but since their just test I'll let you get away with a warning this time ^_^.. And nice bandana touch too. Hope you'll fix the hair soon for the final submissions!

LoTekK
01-14-2004, 10:35 PM
Fantastic! This has gone from a fairly so-so model with not too much character, to a really great-looking one. Those poses (aside from the jumpkick) are wonderful, especially so for being quick rigging tests. :thumbsup:

richdraws
01-15-2004, 01:41 PM
This is looking really excellant now, Andy. I am running out of criticism for you. His proportions are excellant his face is perfect for the character, I still love the dirty t shirt with the spilled claret down the front.

Just to be picky, I reckon the ninja flying kick looks very stiff, you may wanna study under a ninja grandmaster to learn proper execution. Apart from that...WELL DONE.

Rich

Chojin
01-15-2004, 03:52 PM
Lookin mighty fine I must say! A massive improvement from how this guy 1st started out. Was a little worried it wasnt going to be as good as your last character but he worked out great. Love the fact you made him look nice and solid, he looks a beefy bruiser now compared to the skinny runt he started as.

Only one little thing I can suggest and hopefully if you decide to take it on board wont cause you too much hassle, I know you dont really wanna mess with the modling. Anyway just think the jeans are maybe a little too clean compared to the shirt. I dunno maybe muck up the knees a little or put a rip in there. Other than my personal niggle looks great.

Well done again, a top effort.

GARA
01-15-2004, 11:00 PM
so its finished eh?
looks great
must say :)

CarlDavis
01-16-2004, 01:42 PM
your characters come on a long way, looking really good.

the shoulders need a bit of attention in the rig or pose but besides that its really cool.

I think the suggestion of a weapon would be good if you have polys to spare.

Cant wait to see you next model,

Keep it up

Carl

AdamAtomic
01-16-2004, 08:24 PM
Hey Andy - absolute awesome fixes to the head! He looks worlds better! The 3 punch poses look pretty badass too. Let's see some hi-quality renders!

DanEdwards
01-18-2004, 02:20 PM
hi Andy,
really nice work on the character, I also checked out your
website real nice,

dan

AndyH
01-18-2004, 05:23 PM
Thanks Dan - nice to hear from you again!

We need to catch up on tings! If you fancy it, drop us a mail with your site URL on it, or some of your work - that project you were working on looked really good. Id be intrested to see more of it.

Hope to see a post of yours on here someday!

Chappo
01-18-2004, 08:47 PM
My god :)
This brings back memories !!

Your model looks very good Andy.
If you ever want to continue with some other characters , here is a list of my fav. ones :)

http://www.classicgaming.com/soronline/img/sor2/sor2_punk_biker.gifhttp://www.classicgaming.com/soronline/img/sor2/sor2_punk_shiva.gif http://www.classicgaming.com/soronline/img/sor2/sor2_punk_kboxer.gif http://www.classicgaming.com/soronline/img/sor2/sor2_punk_zamza.gif

AndyH
01-18-2004, 10:26 PM
Ah....
good ol Storm, shiva, Raven and Zamza.

If i was gonna model a victim for Axel Stone, i think id model the generic and classic 'Galsia'! The denim-clad, redheaded punk that is always there to recieve several punches! - God, I mustve beaten him up a million times!
I almost did model one of those bikers though - only a game from the early 90s could put a fearsome punk in yellow zebra pattern trousers, a helmet, and feathered shoulders pads!

I presume you already know about Streets of rage online (http://www.classicgaming.com/soronline/) - It was very useful in making this character.

AndyH
01-19-2004, 08:30 PM
Phew! finished!!!

These are my final images for submission.
I hope the poses portray Axel as he is in the game.
All Ive left to do now is the 'beauty render'. After checking with CGmonkey (moderator), I believe Im allowed to use props (metal pipe?) and decent lighting and shadows.

Thanks to all for making this my most successful post yet.

Hope you like it, and best of luck with all your models too!

http://www.btinternet.com/~chunglist2/Images/Gallery-Personal/Axel_Rendered.jpg
http://www.btinternet.com/~chunglist2/Images/Gallery-Personal/Axel_wires.jpg
http://www.btinternet.com/~chunglist2/Images/Gallery-Personal/Axel_default-rendered.jpg

Chojin
01-19-2004, 08:55 PM
WOW SON! looks really great! the poses are absolutely fantastic! My favourite one is the "Come on if you think your ard enuff!" one second one in from the left. Can really see this guy in a remake now.

Spnedid work lad, give yourself a HUUUUGE pat on the back for this one. :-D

Gyzer
01-19-2004, 09:58 PM
Looks good. Only complaint that I have is thata his next in the front view seems to be a bit to wide. I'm not quite sure if the neck makes the head look too small, but the head does look a bit small. Also the shoulders don't look wide enough, but then again, that could just be as a result of the neck being to wide.

He really looks nice, textures are pretty dead on for what I remember him looking like back in the game.

Neil
01-20-2004, 04:22 AM
I would be proud. nice work.

DanEdwards
01-20-2004, 11:01 AM
Nice one Andy,

really great texturing work as I ve come to expect from the grand master texture gimp, how did u find the restrictions of the low number of polys? I can see a movie version of Streets of rage 2 starring patrick swazye comming soon, actually hes due for a rivival (al a John Travolta styley) after appearing in Donnie Darko. Anyway Ill post some stuff to u soon, im working on a vietnam soldier at the moment slighty stylised (I hate that word) artistsied.
just to aquaint myself with rigging and morph targets, when im half confident with it i will send u some posts, Id appreaciate the critique.

dan (Apprentice texture gimp)

If u airbrush me down Ill become more POWerfull than U can ever
imagine..... (Mastering Photoshop Vol7, 12:345:13)

Supervlieg
02-16-2004, 08:00 AM
Hey, how about submitting your entry? Would be a waste if you didnt!

Neil
02-16-2004, 04:23 PM
Uh, i was wondering the same thing.
Seems like a bunch that STILL haven't been submitted. I wonder if he's on vacation or something? (should we just submit it for him?)

AndyH
02-16-2004, 04:38 PM
I dont fancy my chances in winning, but i do want to submit it - Ive not really seen any notice on how to submit and when, plus, last time i asked, cgmonkey was unsure of the criteria required for submission images.
Cos i finished it so early, ive been busy with Other projects (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122826) and have totally forgotten about the competition. Ill get crackin and try and submit it.

Feel free to crit my work on that link above - its been a quiet post. Not much intrest generated!

Thanks for reminding me folks.

by the way - too bad you didnt get death adder finished, supervileg - it was lookin good.

AndyH
02-16-2004, 09:10 PM
quickly got the beauty render done in the hope that i can make the deadline.
A fair bit of photoshopping was involved in smoothing it off, adding the noise and changing the contrast. No Clone brushing was done though. just minor filters here and there.

http://www.btinternet.com/~chunglist2/Images/Gallery-Personal/Axel_Beauty-shot.jpg

richdraws
02-16-2004, 11:06 PM
Glad to see you got the beauty render done mate, fantastic work.
Nice feel to the final render, your Axel looks pretty sinister.

The final render seems to have smoothed out some of the texture on his jeans tho, small grumble.

Great stuff.

Keep it up, cos you knoze it, clart!

Rich

Icestar
02-20-2004, 12:13 AM
oh god the 80's, what were people thinking....excellent stuff, quite the evolution from mr chicken legs, when you first started, to dont mess with me or i'll mess you up, rar.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.