PDA

View Full Version : shake question

DuttyFoot
01-04-2004, 06:38 PM
i have my animation of rendered with a part of background and foreground. i rendered some grass separately but when i try to compose the two together the grass is always in the foreground how can i set it to the background. i have the camer under the water looking up a bit at the sky and landscape. so i want to put the grass in the background. how do i set it to the background and keep it out of the foreground.

dg
01-05-2004, 04:27 AM
Hi,

Get a over node (Layer > Over) and connect the background plate to the background input (right side) and the foreground plate to the foreground input (left side one), simple as this ;)
And make sure you have rendered your plates with aplha channels.

Happy New Year,
See ya!

DuttyFoot
01-05-2004, 11:01 PM
thanks for the tip. i will try it out and let u know what happens. happy new year to u too :thumbsup:

boboroshi
01-08-2004, 06:10 AM
Looks like you'll have three fileIn nodes.

start with the background and the grass. Create an over node. Put the grass into the left input and the background plate into the right.

Take the foreground file in. Select it. Create Layer -> Over. This should automatically connect the foreground fileIn to the left input of the over node (which will probably be called over2 or soemthing like that). connect the previous over node's output to the right input of over2.

It sounds more complex than it really is:

http://www.boboroshi.com/images/forum_images/shake_quick.jpg

enjoy.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.